2018 Prediction Thread

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Joe Gagne
VOW Staff Member

2018 Prediction Thread

Post by Joe Gagne » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 pm

I always loved the big F4W prediction shows. It's usually a fun show, especially reading old predictions and seeing who got what right, and it gets me pumped for the year. This year it's relegated to Wrestling Observer Live, and after commercials and reading last year's predictions there's going to be only about 20-25 minutes for calls. So I figured I'd solicit requests for predictions, and maybe do a solo podcast about them. And if I don't, we can at least have an interesting discussion.

So make a prediction about any kind of wrestling (no MMA, unless it ties into wrestling). Try to be interesting and not obvious (more "NJPW opens a full time territory in the US" and not "NJPW will run joint shows with ROH").

I created a mirror thread in the overseas section, but mods can merge if they see fit.

cbacon87

Re: 2018 Prediction Thread

Post by cbacon87 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:17 am

Gargano wins the NXT Title by the end of the year.

The AOP are one (well, two) of the NXT call-ups after Wrestlemania.

And, what the hell, lets go big

Daniel Bryan wrestles this year, in WWE, against Shane McMahon

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:44 am

As I remember, the best predictions were the wildest ones that seemed to really seemed out there.

So I predict CM Punk shows up on an ROH show in 2018.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 am

This one spills into 2019.

WM35 to be at MetLife Stadium.

Effective the night after WM35, WWE will be sold by Vince and he will have small minority ownership at best, similar to Jeff Jarrett in TNA over the past several years. This’ll be for Vince to focus on his new Alpha Entertainment project. Paul Levesque will overtake most of the operations, but will have bigger staff to allocate duties as appropriate than Vince has had.

Vince will headline the 2019 HOF class at MSG. Shane will retire HHH at WM35, with the result also costing Stephanie her commissioner role since the commissioners will each have their jobs up for grabs. (Shane will slide over to Raw Commissioner, then be replaced as SmackDown Commissioner by William Regal; Regal will be replaced as NXT GM by Nigel McGuinness; the NXT commentary team will become Ranallo, Corino, and token POC.)

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:26 am

Will post the North American guesses here and provide the international ones in the other thread later. Let's start with the big one.

The big arena show that the Bullet Club wants to do takes place and draws between 4,000 to 8,000 fans overall. Main event will be Cody Vs Kenny with a Finger Poke Of Doom parody spot in the beginning which the fans will eat up. Marty Scurll performs a musical number as well as wrestles Flip Gordon, probably in the same segment. Young Bucks Vs Briscoes and Hangman Page Vs Joey Ryan will be the other big promoted matches. ROH will be partly involved in putting the show together and their roster will fill up the undercard against the other BC members. All BC wrestlers will be on the show.

Ricochet enters the Royal Rumble match.

Jonah Rock wins either a tournament or a championship in PWG.

There will be two NWA World's Title changes in 2018. One of them will be Tim Storm winning back the title.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman from CZW works at an Impact taping.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:19 pm

1) Roman Reigns will continue on his current trajectory and actually be cheered against Brock at Mania. Summerslam will be Reigns vs. Braun.

2) Keith Lee, Fred Yehi and MJF will all be in NXT by year's end.

3) The "All in" show will turn out to be a rib and by year's end, Cody will be back in WWE.

4) The Dusty Rhodes Tag Tournament will return.

5) A women's tag title will be introduced in WWE.

6) CM Punk will reemerge in wrestling.

7) Daniel Bryan will wrestle this year for WWE.

8) Naito will win at WK and by year's end, we'll hear rumors of Okada to WWE.

9) One or more indies will run 1000 plus seat buildings on the regular outside major WWE weekends

10) Michael Elgin will be the first, not the last, to be affected by problematic actions.

GuestTimekeeper

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Kitamura becomes ROH champion.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Daniel Bryan leaves WWE and wrestles at the next WrestleKingdom against Kenny Omega

Nakamura and Becky Lynch win the Royal Rumbles

Neville wrestles Mania weekend against Will Ospreay

Kota Ibushi v Kenny Omega headlines the G1 USA show

There will be a ***** match in a WWE ring

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:33 pm

Big E gets a high level singles run.

Kirk D

Post by Kirk D » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:39 pm

1. Chris Jericho wrestles Kenny Omega on his Cruise.

2. Charlotte is ready for Asuka.

3. Daniel Bryan does not leave WWE.

LeeJM713

Post by LeeJM713 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:55 pm

1. The Raw after WrestleMania will be all about WWE's version of Bullet (Balor) Club forming with 5-6 members with Balor as the leader.

2. Andrade Almas will headline a SmackDown only PPV towards the end of the year.

3. Zack Ryder will win an Impact Wrestling title.

4. Jinder will be released.

5. Zack Sabre Jr will sign with WWE.

6. The Steiner Brothers will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.