WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Re: WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:21 am

mlev76 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 am
BoxingRobes wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:28 am
OptionZero wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 am
Absolute BANGER of a tag title match on tonight's NXT between Mustache Mountain and Undisputed Era

Taken in a vacuum by itself, it's an excellent match, but taken as part of a feud thats gone on the last month or so, it was NEXT LEVEL.

These dudes have been on absolute fire, giving us:
3 v 3 at UK Tourney night 1 with full BSS v UE
2 v 2 at UK Tourney night 2 with Mustache Mountain v UE
3 v 3 on NXT with MM + Ricochet v UE
and tonight's match

Throw in UE's feud with Dunne and the 1s and 2s (Birch and Lorcan) and another month or so worth of hot matches

holy cow, these guys need to fight forever and Undisputed Era needs to be considered for tag team of the year
Its between Undisputed Era and The Young Bucks. I think the Bucks have just been a little better...but its those two, then its not close, IMO.
The Bucks have better angles and their business side obviously trumps it all. But, UE/MM was the best tag match this year so far.
I have loved The Bucks two matches against SANADA/EVIL and the Lovers v. Bucks match, if you are into the story, is terrific. Those are the Top 5 tag matches of the year...all rated the same by me, so I won't argue it.

My only real issue with UE RIGHT NOW is the combo of KOR and Roddy have so few matches. They're all great, just lacking quantity.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:54 am

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:38 am

Ciampa versus Black was FUCKING AWESOME.

Everything about that was right.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:11 pm

The only counter I would have to an otherwise correct statement is someone said that it was the best match in Full Sail history. I don't think it beats the women's iron man match, Neville/Sami or the tag match from just a few weeks ago.

It amazes me that we're back to seeing Full Sail pumping out great stuff only months after they were splitting tv taping between there and Center Stage. Perhaps the possibility of taking the tapings away more permanently wised up some of the more egregious fans.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Observer:
The company also has great interest in Juice Robinson. Robinson has started to appear the last few weeks as a cast member in Being the Elite, which seems to be the best avenue to raise the American profile for an independent wrestler. It didn’t work out for Robinson the first time he was there, but even then, in Dusty Rhodes’ interview classes he was considered the best. His current profile is the biggest it’s ever been by far based off the reaction to his interviews and his recent matches, particularly the Cow Palace match with Jay White and the reaction it got. A number of New Japan regulars actually aren’t under contract, similar to A.J. Styles when he was there, so legally WWE can approach them without it being tampering. Others it has to be more nuanced, but they are making plays right now. Another name that has been talked about once again, although they’ve talked about him on-and-off-for years, and at first the hold-up was his Lucha Underground contract, is Angelico

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:05 pm

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:48 pm

So I wonder if Ricochet is injured. He didn't have a match at the recent tapings and he didn't work any of the recent live events. I'm guessing Tyler Breeze was booked for the road tour as a replacement.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:29 pm

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:19 pm

They've set up a who-dunnit, with Black getting attacked in the world's most crowded parking lot.

Hopefully this time they find out who was responsible, unlike poor Hideo Itami.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:25 am

Obviously the same culprit as Itami

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:21 am

Observer:
Bobby Fish’s return after knee surgery is looking at this point like November or December

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

FilipPejic wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:27 am
I don’t completely understand what ur trying to say but yeah there is still tension between the countries that were apart of Yugoslavia. I think his name is based on Novak djokovic and being wwe I’m not surprised they’re lazy with his ring name
Sorry to bring this back so late but I hadn't checked out the thread in a while.

Usually the wrestlers come up with their own names. They're asked to have a list of possibilities ready when they report, which then go to legal for clearance. Management and the wrestlers then sit down and pick the one they like the best.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:10 am

The melodramatic bullshit, as its been termed...has jumped the shark with that trash finish to an otherwise excellent match.

Gargano needs to take a walk and stay away for a while. Crowd was noticeably distant to him tonight and was wanting Ciampa to move on from him.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:47 am

On next week’s Flagship, I’d be interested in the pitch for Gargano to be Black’s attacker. Sell us on his heel history. Would it rejuvenate him right as he seems to be hitting a plateau as well?

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Undisputed Era (c) v. Mustache Mountain - Takeover: Brooklyn 4 (8/18) - 4.50
*Excellent match, just a hair under their previous two bouts with all of the necessary callbacks.

Velveteen Dream v. EC3 - Takeover: Brooklyn 4 (8/18) - 3.25
*Dream overdelivered...EC3 underdelivered. This feud felt like neither took it seriously...the match felt the same, but at least Dream showed up to bump and the finish was strong.

Adam Cole (c) v. Ricochet - Takeover: Brooklyn 4 (8/18) - 4.00
*Very strong match that I might be underselling a bit.

Shayna Baszler (c) v. Kairi Sane - Takeover: Brooklyn 4 (8/18) - 4.50
*Excellent match with a shocking finish. Felt like the crowd wanted Baszler to win...they popped huge when she blocked the In-Sane Elbow and locked her in the rear naked. The Sane win did not lower the match at all for me. Would like to see Baszler win the belt back. Her ascent through the division isn't without its hiccups, but she's ever improving and thats built into her character.

Tommaso Ciampa (c) v. Johnny Gargano - Takeover: Brooklyn 4 (8/18) - 4.00
*I'm hedging here. The work before the finish was excellent. The finish was an absolute DUD. These two dudes need a long break from one another. I'm over it.

The ending to the Ciampa-Gargano match killed what was a very rock solid Takeover. No Match of the Year Contender in the batch, but everything delivered bell-to-bell.