WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

Re: WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by mlev76 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:06 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:04 pm

Rooting for WWE UK to not be a 3-hour weekly program, but to have a big enough roster of its own to split into 2 separate 2-hour weekly programs.

y2chae

Post by y2chae » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:41 pm

I'd be surprised since it has NXT branding, if the weekly show was more than a hour long.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:03 pm

It'll likely be the same format as NXT, but with mostly British talent (plus Aussie in Storm, NZ in Banks and Portugal in Killer Kelly), and maybe a couple of guest stars from NXT per taping weekend.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Gotten through Takeover and I'm with Lanza on coming away from the show done with Nikki Cross.

I guess I don't mind that her character is "she's crazy", but that's not really enough and they've done a terrible job (no job) of explaining her. Aside from the obvious, macro question of "why is she doing any of this", there's so many loose threads to this Shayna feud. Does she like pain or does she not? Does she care about the title or doesn't she (and why)? Does she care about standing up for Dakota or does she not? It's like they can introduce and un-introduce whatever they want and justify it as "well, she's crazy". Didn't get into the match at all and the finish was terrible because, again, they introduced (or re-introduced) the idea that she likes pain completely out of the blue and it completely contradicts the idea that she wants the title, because she willing lost, because..... well, because she's crazy. Great.

She really should be in TNA's goofball women's division instead.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:41 am

► Show Spoiler

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:44 am

WWE UK Tournament and WWE NXT UK Championship Night 1 and Night 2 were absolutely fantastic television. Many 4* and better matches. Zack Gibson shocked the fvck out of me with how great he looked both days. Undisputed Era, too, was fantastic over the two days.

The Black/Ricochet v. EC3/Dream tag match was straight out of a Saturday Night's Main Event type tag hodgepodge. I thought it was done perfectly as this exhibition type match.

Loved Shayna v. Toni.

Great event. 10/10 would recommend.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 am

Absolute BANGER of a tag title match on tonight's NXT between Mustache Mountain and Undisputed Era

Taken in a vacuum by itself, it's an excellent match, but taken as part of a feud thats gone on the last month or so, it was NEXT LEVEL.

These dudes have been on absolute fire, giving us:
3 v 3 at UK Tourney night 1 with full BSS v UE
2 v 2 at UK Tourney night 2 with Mustache Mountain v UE
3 v 3 on NXT with MM + Ricochet v UE
and tonight's match

Throw in UE's feud with Dunne and the 1s and 2s (Birch and Lorcan) and another month or so worth of hot matches

holy cow, these guys need to fight forever and Undisputed Era needs to be considered for tag team of the year

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:51 am

Awesome match, for sure.

I don't know how I feel about the finish. Initially I kinda groaned internally at it and wished they'd just done a clean tapout to cap it off, but I get what they're going for and why they did it. I don't know. Maybe it's a bit of fatigue on the melodrama, because we've had so much of it with Gargano and Ciampa, which I haven't hated, but I don't now need more of it from another feud. Or maybe I just wanted a clean finish since the match was so good and that's not necessarily a criticism I like making, especially when it's a great TV main event.

I guess that's what you get for bringing towels to the ring in the first place.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 am

As a Croatian I absolutely hate Dijak new name cause he is part Croatian which I know from an art of wrestling and they gave him a Serbian last name
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:49 am

FilipPejic wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 am
As a Croatian I absolutely hate Dijak new name cause he is part Croatian which I know from an art of wrestling and they gave him a Serbian last name
So perfectly in tune with the intermixed history of the former Yugoslavia, then?

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:27 am

Danwaka wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:49 am
FilipPejic wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 am
So perfectly in tune with the intermixed history of the former Yugoslavia, then?
I don’t completely understand what ur trying to say but yeah there is still tension between the countries that were apart of Yugoslavia. I think his name is based on Novak djokovic and being wwe I’m not surprised they’re lazy with his ring name
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:17 am

No chance of Fish being back for War Games?

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:28 am

OptionZero wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 am
Absolute BANGER of a tag title match on tonight's NXT between Mustache Mountain and Undisputed Era

Taken in a vacuum by itself, it's an excellent match, but taken as part of a feud thats gone on the last month or so, it was NEXT LEVEL.

and tonight's match

Throw in UE's feud with Dunne and the 1s and 2s (Birch and Lorcan) and another month or so worth of hot matches

holy cow, these guys need to fight forever and Undisputed Era needs to be considered for tag team of the year
Its between Undisputed Era and The Young Bucks. I think the Bucks have just been a little better...but its those two, then its not close, IMO.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 am

BoxingRobes wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:28 am
OptionZero wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 am

and tonight's match

Its between Undisputed Era and The Young Bucks. I think the Bucks have just been a little better...but its those two, then its not close, IMO.
The Bucks have better angles and their business side obviously trumps it all. But, UE/MM was the best tag match this year so far.