WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
OptionZero

Re: WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by OptionZero » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:19 pm

This came out a few days ago, but it looks like we're getting British Strong Style vs Undisputed Era at the UK Tournament tour in London on June 18-19

Whatever form they take, it's gonna be an amazing matchup

It also explains certain events at the last taping, i think

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:31 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:35 am

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:26 am

Why is Kona Reeves doing a poor mans jiro Kuroshio gimmick
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:40 am

Fun episode of NXT tonight.

Very Gargano-family centric. Two johnny Gargano promo and a Candice Lerae match.

Gargano being the first challenger for the title against black after being the last guy to pin him in the 4 way months ago is some neat long-term booking that played out. Kinda . . . Gedo-like if you wanna go there.

War Machine squash match. Nothin' wrong about that.

Ricochet got to show off his stuff. Aichner is a good hand - never has a bad match, whether its long or short.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 am

Named off all those guys who are ready to get a new gimmick and a push and completely forgot Reeves existed. He did okay as an enhancement guy, remains to be seen on the gimmick. Depending on how they handle it and granted it's been one 30 second video, but I could see people thinking it's trying to recapture Breeze, or too similar to what Velveteen Dream is doing (not sure how big Jiro is in Full Sail, but hey, that too why not) if they're not careful.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:55 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:55 am

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed May 02, 2018 6:27 pm

SuperplexlariatBW wrote:
supersonic wrote:Observer says Keith Lee and Walter offered deals to start in May.
Now Meltzer is saying it's far from a lock that Keith Lee will take the WWE offer due to New Japan trying to bring him in and his indie schedule. I bet I know what's going on here. This report to me comes off as another one these stories Meltzer puts out there with an agenda in mind. It's odd of him to report about wrestlers having WWE offers when it's common knowledge that wrestlers who legit want to go to WWE are told to keep quiet having offers. I think the deal with this Lee story is that it will allow people like Dave to add more fuel to their WWE keeps dropping while the indies are booming narrative and they can also push that a top indie name chose New Japan over WWE.
This didn't age well

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Thu May 03, 2018 4:23 am

Kona Reeves debut sucked I think this has to rival one of the word debuts on nxt
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:38 am

It's probably not a good sign when you come out and make me think about Jacob Novak.

Also, his opponent looked like the love-child of Tyson Kidd and Daniel Puder, so I spent the entire match getting distracted by figuring that out.

I thought he always did okay when he was enhancement, so I'm willing to give him a bit of a pass for the in-ring in the short term. He needs to figure out what works. The gimmick worries me though. They need to flesh it out, because right now it's literally Jacob Novak's jacket and yelling "I'm the finest" during the match. If they do that, we'll see. But at the same time, I'm not sure what they do. If he's supposed to be flamboyant then he'll never match Dream and if he's supposed to be narcissistic then they already have Tino.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Mon May 07, 2018 8:59 am

ODonnell wrote:
SuperplexlariatBW wrote:
supersonic wrote:Observer says Keith Lee and Walter offered deals to start in May.
Now Meltzer is saying it's far from a lock that Keith Lee will take the WWE offer due to New Japan trying to bring him in and his indie schedule. I bet I know what's going on here. This report to me comes off as another one these stories Meltzer puts out there with an agenda in mind. It's odd of him to report about wrestlers having WWE offers when it's common knowledge that wrestlers who legit want to go to WWE are told to keep quiet having offers. I think the deal with this Lee story is that it will allow people like Dave to add more fuel to their WWE keeps dropping while the indies are booming narrative and they can also push that a top indie name chose New Japan over WWE.
This didn't age well
Well glad to be wrong and to see that he's WWE bound. I was just thinking this based on stunts Meltzer has pulled in the past and I guess I buy too much into people always claiming WWE is so bad, while working the indies is so much better. It is funny how people always push this, yet wrestlers from these places continue to join WWE.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:15 am

Reeves looked way better this week. The good thing with debuts on NXT is, they're always really good at tweaking things when they don't work and trying to fix them ASAP.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Thu May 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Undisputed Era vs Dunne, Lorchan, Burch was so damn good.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Kona Reeves had a two star special with Raul Mendoza...the jobber to the stars in NXT who has legit not had a bad match in WWE. Not sure it was possible for Mendoza to have a two-star special, tbh, but here we are.

Reeves looks terrible, and I just can't get around it. He's so fucking Indie-rific.