WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Re: WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:59 am

OptionZero wrote:ok this is just absurd

NXT women's division is gonna have:

Candice Lerae
Deonna Purazzo
Toni Storm
Io Shirai
Bianca Belair
Kairi Sane
Dakota Kai
Nixon Newell
Nikki Cross (for now . . .?)
Shayna Bazler

plus intriguing prospects like a Kacy Catanzaro (absurd athleticism from ninja warrior) and the remaining MMA horsewomen Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir

And they might have more UK women being signed like Jinny?

I think I like that roster better than either Raw or Smackdown
Give me a Toni Storm v. Bianca Belair program yesterday.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:00 pm

Any combination of the above in multiple programs at the same time is what i want

they can run back Io vs Storm and it would have weight

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:15 am

rovert wrote:Everyone you'd expect is the MYC. Basically all the SHIMMER top girls. No idea if the international gimmick will be deemphasised. But just doing the math it kinda have to be.
Wonder with Zeda being released that they would go after Karen Q

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:43 am

OptionZero wrote: plus intriguing prospects like a Kacy Catanzaro (absurd athleticism from ninja warrior)
From the tiny clips on twitter she seems to be using her gymnastics background a lot more than ANW. The only ninja stuff I've seen is her climbing the ringpost when entering the ring pre-match.

Speaking of ANW though, if she's a success I could see them trying to sign other girls like Barclay Stockett and Jesse Labreck.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Or a Drew Drechsel on the men's side. And objectively, as much potential as Kacy has shown for someone trained from scratch, she only had that one good viral season and has fallen badly most of the time when the pressure and attention skyrocketed. Still a great prospect, but I wonder if it means the better athletes on the show could end up even better in WWE if they gave it a go.

The show should be scouted overall. They have to learn a ton of techniques and must train year round to perfect the more common obstacles, while also training to be overall athletic to tackle any surprise thrown their way. With the pressure of "succeed in one try, or go home." And while there are now regional independent competitions to help them earn money, and most of them now own or work in training gyms, there's almost no money on the NBC show, so WWE as a full time career to play into their strengths can be appealing.

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:24 pm

TGD287 wrote:Or a Drew Drechsel on the men's side. And objectively, as much potential as Kacy has shown for someone trained from scratch, she only had that one good viral season and has fallen badly most of the time when the pressure and attention skyrocketed. Still a great prospect, but I wonder if it means the better athletes on the show could end up even better in WWE if they gave it a go.

The show should be scouted overall. They have to learn a ton of techniques and must train year round to perfect the more common obstacles, while also training to be overall athletic to tackle any surprise thrown their way. With the pressure of "succeed in one try, or go home." And while there are now regional independent competitions to help them earn money, and most of them now own or work in training gyms, there's almost no money on the NBC show, so WWE as a full time career to play into their strengths can be appealing.
The guys are mostly TINY by WWE standards, understandably so as strength to weight ratio is a huge factor on the upper body obstacles. Not many of them weigh more than 160 lbs or so.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:50 pm

I'd imagine their joints are already thrashed too.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:26 pm

6/13/18 NXT

Kyle O'Reilly vs. Pete Dunne - NXT UK Championship

definitely worth watching - the best singles NXT match in a while. Both dudes are such good grapplers, its impeccable mat work

Not aired on the network but put free on youtube that you MUST watch is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21KVoHjeN8c

First round matchup for UK Tournament btw Drew Gulak and Jack gallagher. EXTREMELY grapple heavy match. They never leave the ring. Same concept as Sho-Kushida from BOSJ, but shorter and better executed imo.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:45 pm

To no ones surprise, NXT put on another killer show that will likely outshine MITB tonight.

- Opening tag title match was AWESOME! The pop for UE when they came out was huge. This match was just go go go from the beginning... and O'Reilly's selling was phenomenal.
- Dream/Ricochet didn't meet my insanely high expectations. Still a good match, but I feel what they were leading up to on their TV match would have been better. Still solid, but there were some really sloppy feeling moments here.
- Women's Title match was solid. Baszler continues to impress me, and Cross looked great playing the crazy chick. Maybe she'll go to the main roster and debut with Sanity?
- NXT Title match definitely exceeded my expectations. Sullivan looked like he belonged in it, and aside from that major botch near the end, this was a good match.
- Gargano/Ciampa continue to to be amazing. No surprise. Going to guess there will be a blow off match Summerslam weekend... Hell In a Cell? 2/3 falls? Crutch on a pole match?

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:02 am

Lanza is probably be going to be pissed about the comments about how great worker dream is after this ricochet match
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

ThommyGunn

Post by ThommyGunn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Does anyone else think you could make a strong Most Improved case for Danny Burch? That Tag match was the best Tag I've seen all year, I love Oney and Burch so much. And the Undisputed Era are killing it. They're the most entertaining act in WWE atm.

I think we're getting Gargano/Ciampa in the cell next

y2chae

Post by y2chae » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:51 pm

I also attended this show live. What a contrast attending this show vs. MITB. This show only being 2 and a half hours, it seemed like the perfect time. But the show was so good I would've been okay with them adding an Adam Cole NA title match to this card. Compare this to nearly 4 hours and 30 minutes yesterday at MITB, which felt like a slog.

Undisputed Era vs. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch

Holy shit are Undisputed Era and Adam Cole over. The crowd couldn't get enough of them and the BAY BAY chant before the match was thunderous. The crowd booed Lorcan and Burch early for not being UE but they won the crowd over at the end too. A great tag match of non stop fast paced action. Also for not having much of a history in NXT so far, I felt Burch and Lorcan were well protected. Hopefully NXT has big plans for them too.

Rating: 4.5

Dream vs Ricochet

Match delivered and the crowd was into it and behind both guys. Pretty much checked all the boxes of what I was expecting. I was getting a beer during Dream's entrance and when I heard about it I was pretty sad that I missed it.

Nikki Cross vs Shayna Baszler

It was a solid match but nothing real memorable or spectacular. Cross losing makes me think she is main roster bound.

Rating: 3.5

Lars Sullivan vs Aleister Black

Wasn't really a fan of Lars coming into this match but I thought he was good despite that one horrible botch. Black is very good as always. I can see him going to the main roster after Summerslam.

Rating: 3.75

Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa

I have to say, it takes unique talent to get true heel heat these days. Ciampa does that. He is hated by the Chicago crowd. It seemed like a true pure face vs heel battle. I felt this match maybe went on a little too long but it was still great. The callback to the last Takeover in Chicago, just great storytelling that you almost never see on the main roster. Yeah the finish was a little hokey with the staff trying to prevent Gargano from continuing on, essentially trying to call off the match but then the match still being on with a ref counting when Ciampa ambused Gargano with the DDT on the uncovered ring. But the rest of the match was good enough that I can overlook that.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:15 pm

I think the Baszler style of match can eventually get over if they give it a long enough run. I just don't know if they'll have the patience to stick with it. The Kai/Belair match that'll air next week got a lot more over doing more of the NXT fans have been educated to expect out of matches.