WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
OptionZero

Re: WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by OptionZero » Thu May 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Raul Mendoza
Fabian Aichner
Danny Burch
Oney Lorcan

These dudes are mostly jobber status in NXT and yet . . . oooo boy they can work. It's pretty nuts.

I would not mind Raul Mendoza in a little 205 push

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri May 18, 2018 12:41 pm

OptionZero wrote:Raul Mendoza
Fabian Aichner
Danny Burch
Oney Lorcan

These dudes are mostly jobber status in NXT and yet . . . oooo boy they can work. It's pretty nuts.

I would not mind Raul Mendoza in a little 205 push
You stole my post.

These are the types of guys that WWE lacks on the main roster. Workhorse jobbers. these guys are all awesome.

In an era where everyone needs to strive to work WrestleMania main events...they've missed out on having these types at all areas of the card on both shows. It really hurts talents as they are being built up when they aren't working good matches. Double this point for legit jobber bums, which are great for squashes.

WWE has a strong lack of supporting characters. Everyone is asked to be the leading man, but as a result, when they are asked to be supporting actors, it comes off like shit. No effort type fare.

ThommyGunn

Post by ThommyGunn » Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 pm

This past Wednesdays NXT was probably my favorite of the year. As much as people are dumping on Kona Reeves, with some work I could get behind him. He looks too goddamn weird to ignore. I'd like to see him lean in to his awkwardness. They should give him a slavic accent, make him Chechen or something (lol).

The Ricochet and Velveteen Dream match was fire, and the run-in actually got good heat, which is rare in WWE. Awesome stuff.

And holy shit that main event was great. With the jobber boys stealing one we suddenly, for the first time in almost a year, have a real tag team that people can get behind to challenge for the belts in what could be an awesome match. All across WWE match layouts have really gone to shit but it seems like the thing they get right most consistently are these great 6-man tags. Been that way since the Shield days.

Finally, I've found KOR so enjoyable lately. He and Roddy make such an awesome team. I'm really digging the Undisputed Era and kind of like that they lose frequently. Yet when it's nut cuttin time, like at War Games and the Mania Takeover, they always come through in the clutch. That's great heelery IMO.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat May 19, 2018 12:42 am

Meltzer:
The Revival worked last night at the NXT show in Oklahoma City, losing an NXT tag team title match to Kyle O'Reilly & Roderick Strong. The Revival is also scheduled for Dallas tonight, San Antonio tomorrow and Houston on Sunday.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat May 19, 2018 1:11 pm

That six-man tag was just fucking great.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon May 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Revival going back to NXT would be a revelation. Get them away from anything Vince touches.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed May 23, 2018 4:26 am

syxxpakk wrote:That six-man tag was just fucking great.
They argued for more time. :(

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat May 26, 2018 3:48 pm

I must be cranky this week because I am getting anal over selling.

Heavy Machinery v. TM61...when you are eating a pin for a wrester that has to get a fruity cheap win...with holding the tights or the like...as you eat the pin, you've got to struggle or sell the fucking tights...Otis just fucking LAID THERE because he can't fucking move anyway.

Joe had a very good take on Heavy Machinery...especially re: OTIS...he just stinks. I can forgive the gimmick...but I can't forgive the lack of fucking mobility by a guy...he's so fucking stiff. He walks around like he's a metal rod attached to his spine after he spent 8 years in the NFL playing like Earl Campbell. Do some DDP Yoga to ridiculous looking fuck.

TM61 worked their ass off for that trash team and they couldnt even be repaid for the pin. Otis just fucking laid there and it killed the match for me.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Mon May 28, 2018 3:38 am

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/sta ... 7987640320

Presumably, she's going to PC and appearing at the Mae Young Classic, and eventually NXT.

There is also talk that Toni Storm signed, with the announcement coming at the UK Tournament

That will load up the NXT women's division VERY nicely.

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Mon May 28, 2018 12:57 pm

OptionZero wrote:https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/sta ... 7987640320

Presumably, she's going to PC and appearing at the Mae Young Classic, and eventually NXT.

There is also talk that Toni Storm signed, with the announcement coming at the UK Tournament

That will load up the NXT women's division VERY nicely.
Toni Storm is supposed to have signed a WWEUK contact, not an NXT one.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Tue May 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Given there is no real WWE UK show and certainly no UK women's division, its hard to believe she isn't gonna be in NXT
and

given her talent, its hard to see how she isn't featured heavily

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 pm

ok this is just absurd

NXT women's division is gonna have:

Candice Lerae
Deonna Purazzo
Toni Storm
Io Shirai
Bianca Belair
Kairi Sane
Dakota Kai
Nixon Newell
Nikki Cross (for now . . .?)
Shayna Bazler

plus intriguing prospects like a Kacy Catanzaro (absurd athleticism from ninja warrior) and the remaining MMA horsewomen Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir

And they might have more UK women being signed like Jinny?

I think I like that roster better than either Raw or Smackdown

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:45 am

Everyone you'd expect is the MYC. Basically all the SHIMMER top girls. No idea if the international gimmick will be deemphasised. But just doing the math it kinda have to be.