WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

Re: WWE NXT 2018 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by rovert » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:39 pm

mlev76 wrote:The purpose of NXT and the PC is to produce as close to TV ready stars as possible, add Network content and serve the niche hardcore audience. NXT doesn't file separate financial reports nor do its contributions to other revenue areas get credited to them. For example, their merchandise, Network and dvds don't get credited to them. They go to those departments.

Perhaps one day it will be considered a key profit center, but I wouldn't expect it.
Yup. It is Research & Development.

Also, the real reason behind Triple H running it is learning how to run a mini WWE so he can display it to the WWE Board and Wallstreet when Vince steps down. If that wasn't the case it would probably still run by Steve Keirn and Tom Prichard in their sweatpants in a warehouse.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Observer:
You can make of this what you will, but WWE company policy when it comes to drug test failures and suspensions are that all main roster failures and suspensions are released publicly, but failures in NXT and of other developmental talent are not
Let the speculation on Velveteen Dream begin.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:13 pm

I think the speculation on Velveteen Dream was already going pretty wild for a while and this is a read-between-the-lines confirmation that Dream missed a set of tapings because of a wellness suspension. Which made it a pretty smart time for him to deflect attention from that situation by going off on something else.

The real outcome is, now, anytime a visible NXT person misses 30 days, people are going to assume they've also been nabbed. Which is a reason to announce these things.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 pm

No Way Jose is the other one considering the times he's disappeared off TV

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 am

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:42 am

supersonic wrote:Observer:
You can make of this what you will, but WWE company policy when it comes to drug test failures and suspensions are that all main roster failures and suspensions are released publicly, but failures in NXT and of other developmental talent are not
Let the speculation on Velveteen Dream begin.
Begin I've been talking about for 2 months.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:43 am

achillesforever6 wrote:No Way Jose is the other one considering the times he's disappeared off TV
But he still worked live events regularly and I've heard nothing about him having issues. Just they've nothing for him and WWE isn't ready to call him up yet. Expect him to be called up after Mania.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:02 pm

rovert wrote:
achillesforever6 wrote:No Way Jose is the other one considering the times he's disappeared off TV
But he still worked live events regularly and I've heard nothing about him having issues. Just they've nothing for him and WWE isn't ready to call him up yet. Expect him to be called up after Mania.
NWJ's been used very oddly in NXT. He almost never gets a big program, but he's hugely over and on house shows he has gone over people you'd consider higher in the pecking order than him. Curious to see how he plays on the main roster.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:10 pm

mlev76 wrote:
rovert wrote:
NWJ's been used very oddly in NXT. He almost never gets a big program, but he's hugely over and on house shows he has gone over people you'd consider higher in the pecking order than him. Curious to see how he plays on the main roster.
I would assume in the very same way.

I enjoy a competitive fun-loving jobber or lower card gate keeper babyface.

If they ever "move him up" a nice tag team with someone in the future would be my guess as to how. While he has been used "oddly" I think a guy like NWJ is perfect in the role he's in. WWE needs more of a tiered hierarchy anyway.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Not optimistic on Jose's main roster prospects. I guess there's a chance he catches on and is a better fit on the main roster, ala Elias, but the difference is, Elias was starting to show signs of improvement before he got called up. Watching Jose and Dream this week, I'm still not feeling it with him. And with Jose, the character really is the entrance theme, it's not like he's got overwhelming charisma or great promos. He's got the song, the dance and he seems like he's probably a nice guy. Seems like limited upside. I guess there's an R-Truth shaped hole for someone to lose on Raw sometimes and get a few wins on Main Event, but I just can't see him doing more than that.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:46 am

Like Bryan Alvarez, I think NWJ will probably end up being the "best live event opening act in the World." It isn't too bad of a spot if you have a long run with the company.

Rich Swann's firing means there's one less dancing ethnic wrestler on the WWE roster. So this is a good time to call him up I guess.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Agreed that No Way Jose has a niche and fills it perfectly. Doesn't need to be anything more than what he is.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Of course they'll turn him 50 times on RAW/Smackdown, ruin his marketability, then claim he never had "it."
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Should the Ciampa vs. Gargano program conclude in Chicago, Brooklyn, or on the main roster?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:15 pm

supersonic wrote:Should the Ciampa vs. Gargano program conclude in Chicago, Brooklyn, or on the main roster?
Chicago would make for nice symmetry given that's where it started.