Powerbomb.TV, Highspots Network and Other Streaming Channels

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
RolandGunner

Re: Powerbomb.TV, Highspots Network and Other Streaming Channels

Post by RolandGunner » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:26 pm

mlev76 wrote:Blacklabel Pro had a really good show last night that is well worth checking out once it gets uploaded. PCO had another tremendous match, this time with Chris Dickinson, and there's plenty of other highlights throughout the show. BLP is another promotion that I will be keeping on my radar going forward
I was able to catch the first half of the show last night and it was quite good. In addition to PCO / Dickinson, Fred Yehi and Simon Grimm put on a really good mat-based match. Most of Grimm's matches on the indies seemed flat to me but he worked really hard here and Yehi is a natural for this style. Excited to see the second half when it hits VOD.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 pm

Freelance is back on Powerbomb.tv on Friday which starts off a pretty stacked Midwest weekend and a big showcase for some of the Freelance talent who will be on the following night's EVOLVE show. Three title matches including Xia Brookside defending the IPW:UK Women's title against Kylie Rae and the Freelance Rumble with the winner getting a future Freelance title shot.

I wasn't up to reviewing the last show, but it was a fun show with all but one match being at least good.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Last night's show was solid, but probably the weakest in ring Freelance show of the year. The best match hit ***1/4 and even in that, it was overshadowed by the angle at the end. This show definitely felt like a setup show for the Anniversary show in June.

Thus far, it looks like that will include:

Darin Corbin vs. Isaias Velezquez for the Freelance title
GPA vs. Kylie Rae

Good chance we'll also see matches between Robert Anthony and Gringo Loco after their wild brawl and really good angle.

Btw, not that this is shocking, but the Joey Ryan title match was easily the worst title match of any kind in Freelance this year. There have been worse matches, but Corbin deserved better in his first singles defense.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Nova Pro has it's Commonwealth Cup this weekend and is streaming both nights. Here is the first round of the men's tournament (they're doing a woman's tournament on Saturday afternoon which does not appear to be streaming, but the finals will be on the Night two show):

“Ace” Arik Royal vs Logan Easton LaRoux
Pierre Carl Ouellett vs Nick Gage
Beau Crockett vs Homicide
Dominic Garrini vs Eddie Kingston(*Kingston actually had to pull out and so his replacement was Jonathan Gresham)
Sage Philips vs Jimmy Jacobs
Wheeler YUTA vs Alexander James
“Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams vs Curt Stallion
Fred Yehi vs “Safety First” Tim Donst

Some pretty solid talent with PCO/Gage, Garini/Gresham and Williams/Stallion looking like 1st round matchups that could be very good.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:38 pm

If you haven't done a free trial yet, this weekend is going to be a good one to sign up for. Friday, Freelance has a show featuring co-promotion with several other promotions including GCW and FEST. Sunday, Beyond has Americanrana with potentially one of the best indie shows on paper of the year.

https://powerbomb.tv/schedule

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:42 pm

(Quick review for those who are interested)

Freelance Wrestling
"Wet Hot American Supershow"
Chicago, IL

July 27, 2018

Team Freelance (The N Words & Alex Ohlson) vs. Team Hoodslam (Cereal Man, Drugz Bunny & El Chupacabra)-Some good comedy and decent action. Probably the first time I've seen a match with full on fake coke snorting, so it was memorable for that alone. ***1/4

Stevie Fierce vs. Riley Jackson (Stevie Fierce Fuck Boi Challenge)-More angle than a match, this was set up so Fierce could call out Anthony Henry. Since the Work Horsemen had a match later, James Drake came out and made it clear that Henry was over Fierce. Jackson got squashed in due course. No rating

Effy vs. Eye Candy Elliot vs. Anton Alexiev (Fest Title Mtach)-This was my first time seeing Efft and Alexiev and both looked good. Match didn't get much time, but Effy clearly stuck out as the one with the most potential follow by Alexiev. **3/4

Craig Mitchell vs. Marcus Krane (GCW Rules/Freelance Underground Title)-Fans of the GCW style and hardcore wrestling fans will definitely enjoy this one and Mitchell continues to look impressive in his title defenses. This match had just the right amount of plunder plus good wrestling to be the best match of the first half of the show. ***1/2

Eight Man Scramble (Heavy Metal Lore vs. Golden Dragon vs. Dark Sheik vs. Kris Chambers vs. Bandolero vs. Mark Wheeler vs. Aaron Orion vs. Gringo Loco)-This was your typical scramble match with the main story being the continued feud between Gringo Loco and Robert Anthony (who was on commentary). There were quite a few guys from other promotions in here, so it was a bit clunkier than usual, but still fun. Post match, Anthony came out and got run off by Loco who challenged Anthony to a taser on a pole match in August. ** 1/2

Work Horsemen vs. Four Star Heroes (Freelance Tag Titles)-This was a step up from the title change last month and probably my favorite match of the show. I'm torn on the Work Horsemen as a team as I think both guys deserve a singles run in a decent sized promotion, but they are certainly very entertaining and good in the ring. I expect Stevie Fierce and a partner TBD to be their next challengers. ***1/2

GPA vs. Thunder Rosa-GPA gets a month off from his feud with Kylie Rae (who was recently injured in Stardom) and instead gets to face Thunder Rosa in what was shaping up to be a decent match. Rae makes an unscheduled appearance, distracting GPA and costing him the match. This was a call back to Rae losing to GPA showing up to a show a few months back. Distraction finish dragged things down a bit. **1/2

Isaias Velazquez vs. Darin Corbin (2/3 falls for the Freelance Title)-The title change last month was the best match in Freelance this year and it would be a tough road to topping that. This match was still very good, but not up to previous match they had. I liked that Corbin was definitively defeated so now a new challenger can emerge. ***1/2

Overall-It would have been tough to top the last show and the gimmick of having other promotions represented made the show feel less urgent and important. Still, almost half the matches were ***1/2 stars and nothing was bad. Mildly recommended show.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:47 pm

A very cool concept for a show

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:36 am

The most recent BLP show from Saturday is now up on demand and it was a very solid top to bottom show. While all the talk is about the dearth of indie talent, this show featured very few 'TV' talents and was full of good matches. Highlights were (shockingly) the Marko Stunt/Bryan Alvarez match, Puma King/Gringo Loco and the main event plunder match between Ethan Page and Jordynne Grace.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:44 am

Today's two BLP shows had a very fun tournament and a great final between Warhorse and Erick Stevens. Been a while since I saw a BLP show, but this was a good day for the promotion in ring wise. Crowd didn't look too big sadly.