WWE Cuts 2017

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Garuda

WWE Cuts 2017

Post by Garuda » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:15 pm

Hey, turns out WWE still does cut people. Emma, followed by Darren Young and Summer Rae so far.

Emma, as long as she wants to wrestle, and given the booming Australia/NZ scene, should be able to find success I think. Or in STARDOM - I don't know what the pay is like for a woman on the indies these days. But as long as there's enough money to be made for her to be satisfied, and a wilingness to do it, I think she'll do great outside of WWE.

Summer and Darren? Eh.

Danwaka

Re: WWE Cuts 2017

Post by Danwaka » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Emma and Summer seem to have been doing a lot of photoshoots when they haven't been on shows, so maybe they'll just go do modelling?

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:55 pm

If I am any indy promoter like Wrestlecircus and emma is going to wrestle on the Indy’s I m booking her to face Chelsea green cause that’s going to draw people to this match
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:55 pm

Emma vs. Deonna please.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:08 pm

So weird to do mass releases on a Sunday. I always expected late on Fridays.

I guess Neville will be announced before the day is over.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Neville is someone that they will hold onto till his contract runs out

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:36 pm

achillesforever6 wrote:Neville is someone that they will hold onto till his contract runs out
Would that be through next summer?

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:27 pm

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Garuda wrote:Emma, as long as she wants to wrestle, and given the booming Australia/NZ scene, should be able to find success I think. Or in STARDOM - I don't know what the pay is like for a woman on the indies these days. But as long as there's enough money to be made for her to be satisfied, and a wilingness to do it, I think she'll do great outside of WWE.
I can't envision Emma coming back to the Australian scene as the number of gigs isn't that good. It's a struggle for a top wrestler to wrestle 25 shows in a year. There is a reason why wrestlers are leaving Australia & New Zealand for UK like Travis Banks, TK Cooper, Toni Storm etc. There is way more work overseas & I think Emma isn't coming back.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:55 am

ScorpioCorp wrote:
Garuda wrote:Emma, as long as she wants to wrestle, and given the booming Australia/NZ scene, should be able to find success I think. Or in STARDOM - I don't know what the pay is like for a woman on the indies these days. But as long as there's enough money to be made for her to be satisfied, and a wilingness to do it, I think she'll do great outside of WWE.
I can't envision Emma coming back to the Australian scene as the number of gigs isn't that good. It's a struggle for a top wrestler to wrestle 25 shows in a year. There is a reason why wrestlers are leaving Australia & New Zealand for UK like Travis Banks, TK Cooper, Toni Storm etc. There is way more work overseas & I think Emma isn't coming back.
Thanks for correcting me - glad to learn more about that stuff. I was working on a faulty assumption.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Something had to have happened with Emma, right? She got put over strong on commentary monday night in the match with Asuka, and 5 days later she's released.

Lio's tweet was in poor taste and his apology was weak, but the rush of every person that's every stepped foot in a ring to condemn the dude is just cringeworthy.

Bray, you cheated on your wife with a ring announcer and your ex wife is currently invovling the company in your divorce proceedings with lawsuits, and you have had the single worst year of any wrestler I can recall creatively to the point where fans rejoiced that you got replaced on PPV, please don't think you're a lockerrom leader or moral arbiter.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:38 pm

I mean Bray didn't say much besides "Yeah, that's not gonna end well for you."

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 pm

So even with these cuts isn't there still talk of new signings coming in early 2018, including maybe 3-5 familiar names from outside?

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:30 am

They're always going to be signing guys, and then releasing them for whatever reason .. or for guys to be asking for their release.

I wonder if the Emma thing is a typical miscommunication between two departments where for whatever reason somebody in Creative sees a future but the word has already gone to HR or whoever that this person is going to be let go. I mean we know creative direction changes quite quickly and unpredictably so something like that could have happened, I have no doubt.

I'm a big Summer Rae apologist, I think she could've been used so much better. She really did love wrestling, and most importantly she loved WWE style wrestling and she sought to excel at that - she could've been used as a manager or somebody like that. She was no Manami Toyota between the ropes but this is not the company where that's a huge issue. When it came to character stuff she was always on-point. I loved her run in 2013 in NXT along with Paige and Emma.

Padje

Post by Padje » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:06 pm

Have they ever fired anyone on a sunday before? Vince might be stalking the corridoors of Titan Towers in a nude fashion on a weekend, but the HR department and all the rest won't be there.