WWE Mae Young Classic

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
User avatar
thecubsfan
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by thecubsfan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:40 pm

I can't believe wikipedia doesn't have the field all organized into a list already so I'm going to just do it myself here and then find out it's actually been done on Reddit or something already.

(Trying to cut down on guesses/assumptions about what would make sense, limiting this to what's been reported.)

updated 06/30 (Sane)

Officially Announced (15)
Lacey Evans
Sarah Logan
Toni Storm
Princesa Sugehit
Tessa Blanchard
Alpha Female
Abbey Laith (Kimber Lee)
Taynara Conti
Kavita Devi
Bianca BelAir
the winner of Vanessa Bourne (Danielle Kamela)/Jayme Hachey (Jayme Jameson)
Dakota Kai (Evie)
Kairi Sane (Hojo)
Piper Niven (Viper)
Rhea Ripley (Demi Bennett)
Sage Beckett (Mary Kate/Andrea) (PWInsider/SCS)

Reported as in, Not Yet Announced by WWE (10)
Zhao Xia (PWInsider/SCS)
Julia Ho (PWInsider/SCS)
Victoria Gonzales (PWInsider/SCS)
Shayna Baszler (Rovert)
Nicole Matthews (Rovert)
Deonna Purrazzo (Rovert)
Rachel Evers (Rovert)
Candice LeRae (Rovert)
Mia Yim (Rovert)
Kay Lee Ray (Rovert)

Other NXT Women Aren't Current TV Focuses (3)
Liv Morgan
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville

Recent Signings Not Officially Announced by WWE but Probably In This (1)
Nixon Newell (SCS)

"In Talks" (1)
Serena Deeb (PWS)

Open Spaces For Your Speculation (2)
----
Alternates (+4)

Out (or Alternates)
Aliyah (NXT)
the loser of Vanessa Bourne (Danielle Kamela)/Jayme Hachey (Jayme Jameson) (NXT)

NXT Women With Other Things To Do (but maybe could end up in it anyway)
Asuka
Ember Moon
Nikki Cross
Ruby Riot
Peyton Royce
Billie Kay - both of Iconic seemed to confirm they weren't in this on NXT TV.
Thea Trindad (SCS) - this set of TV seems to point more towards her having an outside the ring role for now

Out/Injury
Io Shirai
Last edited by thecubsfan on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by rovert » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Based on having my ear to the ground Shayna Baszler, Nicole Matthews, Deonna Purrazzo and Rachael "Evers" Ellering, Candice LeRae and Mia Yim are pretty much locks for me. Kay Lee Rey is someone who was apparently contacted too.

The Molly Holly rumours haven't died yet.

There's probably going to be 4 alternates too.
Last edited by rovert on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
outlaw911
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by outlaw911 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:04 pm

see if they had a rep for russia and if so my guess it will be Natalia Markova

User avatar
Takachulo
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by Takachulo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:23 pm

outlaw911 wrote: Don't know how true that report of the WWE /NXT using the likes of Zhao Xia or Taynara Melo in the Mae Young Classic seeing they both have little to no ring time.If the WWE wants to get a rep for Brazil they could get aja perera or "Gabi" Castrovinci as the rep for Brazil but China could be harder to get a rep for

names like MaryKate Duignan or Victoria Gonzalez[ could work because they're wrestlers
Well, Taynara has been announced...

I don't think Victoria Gonzalez has any experience either.

User avatar
JML
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am
Contact:

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by JML » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Takachulo wrote:
outlaw911 wrote: Don't know how true that report of the WWE /NXT using the likes of Zhao Xia or Taynara Melo in the Mae Young Classic seeing they both have little to no ring time.If the WWE wants to get a rep for Brazil they could get aja perera or "Gabi" Castrovinci as the rep for Brazil but China could be harder to get a rep for

names like MaryKate Duignan or Victoria Gonzalez[ could work because they're wrestlers
Well, Taynara has been announced...

I don't think Victoria Gonzalez has any experience either.
Victoria Gonzalez is Rudy Boy Gonzalez' daughter and she's done small indies in Texas, I believe. She was in the battle royal a couple months ago. She's one of the taller women they have down there but she looks like a pure babyface.

User avatar
thecubsfan
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by thecubsfan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Updated the post up there, realized maybe the entire field is known already. There's probably a bunch wrong and it sure seems like we may know a lot more about who's included after tonight's NXT tapings. Maybe WWE will even do announce the new class of trainees in the next few days.

People having bad matches is potentially a problem, but these are all going to be taped and edited anyway, anyone who struggles can be protected that way. The NXT people who are most likely to have a bad matches are the ones who probably most need that first round experience and the exposure of including them is more important than being exposed. (But then I'm going more time puzzling together this field than watching this probably so don't listen to me.)

User avatar
Takachulo
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by Takachulo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:48 pm

JML wrote: Victoria Gonzalez is Rudy Boy Gonzalez' daughter and she's done small indies in Texas, I believe. She was in the battle royal a couple months ago. She's one of the taller women they have down there but she looks like a pure babyface.
I know who she is, and I've talked to others about her before and nobody has known anything about her working anywhere before NXT. The story seems to be that Rudy Boy contacted WWE as soon as she expressed an interest in wrestling and she was signed immediately.

User avatar
JML
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am
Contact:

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by JML » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:54 pm




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
John The Drummer
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by John The Drummer » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:58 pm

I wonder who is going to win this. A ton of names I am not familiar, but a good amount that I've seen. If they go the same route as the CWC then it'll be someone signed/signing with WWE full time.

User avatar
JML
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am
Contact:

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by JML » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:26 pm

I would think they go either with Toni Storm cause like Jeff Hawkins said on STR, she has have everything WWE wants. Or they could go with Kairi Hojo winning to build her up to challenge against Asuka or Ember in September/October as a buffer for Io Shirai coming in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by rovert » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:19 pm

John The Drummer wrote:I wonder who is going to win this. A ton of names I am not familiar, but a good amount that I've seen. If they go the same route as the CWC then it'll be someone signed/signing with WWE full time.
Hojo and Toni Storm are almost too obvious. Mia Yim is an interesting possibility. Depends how much they lean on human interest and who gets over to the live crowd.

Angry216
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by Angry216 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:30 am

LOVE Evie but yeah, having seen some of Toni Storm, would be very surprised if she doesn't succeed. Well, you know, but still. Super talented.

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 3331
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by supersonic » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:37 am

rovert wrote:Based on having my ear to the ground Shayna Baszler, Nicole Matthews, Deonna Purrazzo and Rachael "Evers" Ellering, Candice LeRae and Mia Yim are pretty much locks for me. Kay Lee Rey is someone who was apparently contacted too.

The Molly Holly rumours haven't died yet.

There's probably going to be 4 alternates too.
Quarterfinals for her at the very least please.

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by rovert » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:50 am

Look for Candice and Kay Lee Ray to be the next two indie names

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: WWE Mae Young Classic

Post by rovert » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:34 pm


Post Reply