Glory Pro - Naito vs AR Fox - 2/18/18

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
MobbVanDam

Glory Pro - Naito vs AR Fox - 2/18/18

Post by MobbVanDam » Mon May 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Sunday, May 7th is Glory Pro's second show, "Long May We Reign." This is a pretty big deal for the St Louis area. While there's been promotions around the area for awhile, none of them have been able to heat up as fast as Glory Pro has so far after their debut in February. Michael Elgin has packed these shows with talent, with fly-ins, top regional dudes and his students, some of which are already breaking out in the midwest. It's a super exciting time to live around here and I'm fucking pumped about it.

This is a stacked lineup and I hope anyone from around here can make it out. I fell in love with the venue last time and think it's a super cool and intimate spot for a wrestling show. If things go well, I don't see them being able to stay in this venue by next year because they're sure to outgrow it.

The first show was a ton of fun and available on SmartMarkVideo. Here's the card and link to it. Riddle vs Elgin, Stallion vs Irie, and the finals are all great fun and worth watching.
► Show Spoiler
Upcoming shows feature Pentagon Jr, AR Fox, Sami Calihan, Kyle O'Reilly, Cody Rhodes, Keith Lee, Fenix, and more rising stars than I can count. Elgin is really putting a lot into these shows and the St Louis area is much better for it.

Last edited by MobbVanDam on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

MobbVanDam

Re: Glory Pro - STL's killer new promotion

Post by MobbVanDam » Mon May 01, 2017 10:17 pm

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Wed May 31, 2017 4:52 pm

The second show is up on SMV

http://smartmarkvideo.com/glory-pro-may ... lory%20pro

There's a review on the main VOW site that pretty much reflects my feelings. These are really fun shows and Elgin is booking logical show-to-show angles and I couldn't be more pleased with it. Friday they put on another fun show with the tag title tournament, a sick main event between Rey Fenix and Myron Reed, and stand out matches in Kyle O'Reilly vs Curt Stallion and Keith Lee vs Michael Elgin. I think it's the best show they've put on so far, and if you want to check the promotion out, definitely the show to watch once SMV puts it up.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:39 am

Do they have an ondemand service like Defy?
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:53 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Do they have an ondemand service like Defy?
I'm not familiar with Defy's setup, but they do have VOD on smartmarkvideo

Speaking of which, the third show is up now. I can't recommend Kyle O'Reilly vs Curt Stallion and Fenix vs Myron Reed enough. The tag tournament was also a lot of fun and I really dug Elgin vs Keith Lee.

MobbVanDam

Re: Glory Pro - MARAFUJI VS DIJAK JULY 9TH

Post by MobbVanDam » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:46 am

THIS IS REAL

Alan4L

Re: Glory Pro - MARUFUJI VS DIJAK JULY 9TH

Post by Alan4L » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:43 am

Man those two are so made for each other. Dijak is absolutely the best US guy for that match, and I think Pete is probably the best UK guy (guessing he gets the Lucha Forever match).

Can't wait to see Maru wrap that side superkick up to 6'7 Dijak!

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Gotta give Big Mike a world of credit for what he's done in a short time with this promotion. Hopefully, they can continue to grow and become a solid, longlasting place for people to work and grow.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Which Marufuji will show up should be the question going forward.
Who's Rob Viper ?

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:46 am

The first two shows are now on the Highspots Network

Here's Myron Reed vs Curt Stallion for the title opening an ROH show

MobbVanDam

Re: Glory Pro

Post by MobbVanDam » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:34 am

Anyone check out the shows on tape? Curious as to how they comes across. Every show has been a ton of fun live. Elgin has a great thing going here. His booking is super logical and everything feels like it matters. It's great.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:48 pm

I definitely need to check out a show or two. Been a fan of Elgin's for a long time and one of the early videos he did for Glory Pro was all about the styles of wrestling he enjoys. Strong Style, King's Road, old school ROH, etc. Not surprised that the booking reflects that.

Really happy to see him doing something he's so passionate about.

Trilly Robinson

Post by Trilly Robinson » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Hey group, I'm the dude that writes the Glory Pro reviews for the site and I'm glad there is a tiny little community here that is enjoying the promotion. It's been one of my favorites all year and think Mike and team have really cranked out something fun and unique that doesn't get too bogged down in intricacies. Y'all should definitely watch the Marufuji/Dijak match when you get a chance.

Hope they continue to get their videos out quickly and can find a platform that gets out to more people soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MobbVanDam

Re: Glory Pro - Naito vs AR Fox - 2/18/18

Post by MobbVanDam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 am

Today's show might be the best one yet. Besties vs Lucha Bros fuckin rocked

Oh and Naito vs AR Fox got announced for the anniversary show in February

mlev76

Re: Glory Pro - Naito vs AR Fox - 2/18/18

Post by mlev76 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm

That's pretty awesome that Big Mike has been able to get Glory Pro up to the level to get Naito. I think I might need to go watch some of the shows from this year.