VOW Staff Member

Re: 205 Live Thread

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:47 am

I am ALL IN on this new 205 Live.

Roddy is winning this whole damn thing.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:59 am

Would a Neville return after WM34 be plausible? He returns to be in top program on refreshed brand while agreeing that due to walking out, he has to miss making any appearance at the Superdome.

griffin

Post by griffin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:27 am

supersonic wrote:Would a Neville return after WM34 be plausible? He returns to be in top program on refreshed brand while agreeing that due to walking out, he has to miss making any appearance at the Superdome.
I would think that it would be a great decision creatively. Neville is a top star on the brand and would have tremendous matches with the rejuvenated roster. The possibilities are endless. Neville vs. Itami, Neville vs. Strong, Neville vs. Bate. If I had any power over contract offers, I would be trying my hardest to get Neville back into the game.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:26 am

Now that they are negotiating with Rey, they could probably use that to lure Neville back into the fold

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:08 am

205 Live was great this week. I'm liking this, it feels new and fresh and EXCITING.

The backstage segment with Spud/Gulak/Nese was good with Spud basically saying 205 Live has sucked by giving these two great athletes stupid comedy gimmicks.

Lince/Kalisto was sloppy, but exciting. Felt like an indy match with the dives lol
Roddy/Itami was really solid. It felt like it should have been on NXT or something, great work with the two.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 am

My hope is that Gulak keeps the gimmick, but just weaves in his technical aggression, showing an on/off switch of sorts to balance the comedy and ruthlessness. I see him as somewhat of a mesh between WWE Jericho and peak HHH.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:30 am

Observer:
As expected, the spring set of 205 Live house shows were canceled. Technically, they were never announced but there was a tour of California on the books that has been canceled. The word is that the concept of 205 Live house shows isn’t dead, and the Lowell and Poughkeepsie shows got good reviews and drew decently enough. But the big draw on the tour was Enzo and they had to add Matt Hardy, Bray Wyatt and had a Nia Jax angle thrown in as well as had to cancel one of the three shows due to poor ticket sales. But right now nothing is on the books. Whether this is the same we don’t know, but that was the wording used when they canceled the ECW house shows at the end of 2006, with the idea that they’d start them up again and then never did

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:27 pm

While NXT starts taping in Atlanta and other small venues for batch tapings...205 Live finessing into Full Sail for bulk tapings is where its at.

If these matches had a half cognizant crowd, they would have been bouncing off the wall for them. This era of 205 Live is going to yield some GEMS we try and pawn off as MUST SEE network matches in like 10 years.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 am

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:59 pm

I would HIGHLY recommend everyone to go out of their way to watch Drew Gulak vs Tony Nese from this weeks episode. Gulak was showing so much damn aggression, it was so awesome.

Mandrews vs Tozawa was good too, but that main event... GOD!

Also, Rich Swann and WWE have mutually parted ways :(

griffin

Post by griffin » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:26 pm

I was expecting Swann to leave the company at some point. I didn't see them putting him back on TV after the incident - at least not anytime soon. Maybe he'll be back in the future.

ThommyGunn

Post by ThommyGunn » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 pm

I thought Murphy looked pretty good the other day, too bad TV obligations leave this following Smackdown instead of coming before. A hotter crowd would really liven things up, been great wrestling for the last couple weeks.

GuestTimekeeper

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Ali/Gallagher was my favorite match of the new 205 Live so far. ****1/4.

Buddy Murphy had a cool finisher, but needs to do something with his face and hair so he doesn't look like Curt Hawkins.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:07 pm

(Drake should've asked for an updated bracket after the Ali/Gallagher, oh well.)

I want Cedric/Ali as the final as the full circle to their match before the tournament started, but I really have no idea how this is going to go. The Orange final looks like Cedric/Strong and I think Gulak is going to beat Andrews, but Murphy/Ali feels like a toss up and there's a lot of final combinations which would work equally well.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:35 pm

I thought this was a golden opportunity to sneak Gargano onto the "main roster" (even if temporarily), but I guess that's not the direction.

I would be all for someone getting "injured", Gargano getting a replacement slot, and Ciampa showing up to f-k him up there too, leading to WM weekend