DEFY Wrestling: Seattle's "Superindie"

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
syxxpakk

Re: DEFY Wrestling: Seattle's "Superindie"

Post by syxxpakk » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:40 pm

How far behind are they now?
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:54 am

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:08 pm

I thought the new commentator sounded familiar! It's former NXT commentator Rich Brennen!

And Syxxpakk, the one they just released was Defy 5, I believe there were four more this year. They ended with Defy 9 last month, but I believe one of the shows had to get cancelled last minute so they MAY have missed one, but not 100% sure. Sounds like they are going to get the ball rolling on getting the other shows released faster. But hey, can't really fault them, brand new promotion, still working out the kinks and whatnot to make sure what they release is the best it can be.

I can't wait to see Riddle vs Strickland and Brody King vs Strickland, I heard both matches were really damn good.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:34 pm

You can absolutely fault them for being rinky dink, LOL.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:15 pm

So had to miss yet another Defy show thanks to my van being out of commission, and it sounded like a great show. Judging from the pictures the venue was absolutely packed.

Match results:

-Schaff d. "the Black Sheep" Dave Turner
-10-man elimination match: Artemis Spencer d. King Khash, Sonico, Big Jack, Carl the Catch, Cody Chhun, Guillermo Rosas, Nick Radford, Kaine Jaiden, and Clark Connors
-Nicole Matthews d. Holly Hey
-Pentagon Jr. & Fenix d. The Amerikan Gunz
Pentagon and Fenix have missed their last 3 or 4 bookings for Defy, which lead many to believe they were trying to rip them off, but they made an unannounced appearance and the venue absolutely exploded.
-Brody King d. ACH
-Randy Myers d. Joey Janela
-DEFY Championship: Shane Strickland d. Matt Sydal

It was announced for the next show that Shane Strickland and Austin Aries will battle in the main event with both the DEFY and IMPACT Championships on the line.Unless that ends in a DQ, I am going to assume Aries adds to his collection of belts. MVP was also announced for the show.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:02 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:11 am

syxxpakk wrote:You can absolutely fault them for being rinky dink, LOL.
They're up to date through September 2017 now!

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:01 pm

And they skipped two shows.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Defy is going to be starting something new called "Defy Now". It'll be presented as a weekly TV show
DEFY Wrestling is pleased to announce the next phase for DEFY video content with a new weekly streaming program entitled DEFYNOW.

The DEFYNOW moniker, previously used as an event title for smaller scale live events will now be the name for DEFY's flagship online program - featuring matches, interviews, and promos directly from DEFY live events, DEFYNOW will also incorporate documentary-style pieces and music videos to create a "television-like" experience in a shorter format.

"I think for a lot of people - brevity is appreciated and we want to try and present a streaming show that really highlights the matches, the vibe, and the experience of being at a DEFY live event without insisting folks commit a full 3 hours at a time. We think creating a show that is short, consistent and well produced will resonate with an audience that perhaps digests many other forms of content in that very way - like podcasts, blog posts, tweets, episodes of a web series - we think there is a happy medium between powerful content and short-form presentation specifically produced to live on the internet and not on TV." - JIM PERRY // DEFY Owner
The first episode of DEFYNOW will be available starting next Friday, March 16th for subscribers to DefyOnDemand.com - as well as partner channels such as HighSpots Network, Demand Progress, PCW Ultra On Demand, CZW Studios and more.

In the near future viewers can expect DEFYNOW to appear on the IMPACT Wrestling streaming platform GWN, in addition to being featured on the Amazon Prime channel "Powerslam Wrestling Network". For the first time, (and very soon) DEFY programming will be available on AppleTV devices.

DEFYNOW launches next week, Friday, March 16th with action from DEFY9 from Seattle's Historic Washington Hall. The episode features fan favorite Rich Bocchini on play by play, the full uncut Randy Myers vs Sami Callihan match (previously only seen on IMPACT Wrestling TV) as well as the Amerikan Gunz vs the team of Nelson and Xstatic.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:55 pm

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:21 pm

It's been a while since I've been able to make it to any Defy shows, and I've been missing so much awesome. Finally, this past Friday I was able to make it to a show, and what a fun show it was.

Going to put a spoiler tag JUST IN CASE you guys don't want to read it.
► Show Spoiler
Great great show, I can't wait to make another one since it's been a whiiiiile.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:55 am

John The Drummer wrote:It's been a while since I've been able to make it to any Defy shows, and I've been missing so much awesome. Finally, this past Friday I was able to make it to a show, and what a fun show it was.

Going to put a spoiler tag JUST IN CASE you guys don't want to read it.
► Show Spoiler
Great great show, I can't wait to make another one since it's been a whiiiiile.
Billy Suede is a blast from the past. He wrestled some matches in Australia & he was a handy wrestler, but that was five years ago. Also, I heard that he wrestled some matches in the Philippines.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:53 pm

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:47 am

I'm so bad at keeping this up to date.

Pretty stoked for Rey Horus vs Sonico. Sonico is a local guy. I hear he's super young, so tons of room to grow, but so good already.