DEFY Wrestling: Seattle's "Superindie"

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
John The Drummer

Re: DEFY Wrestling: Seattle's "Superindie"

Post by John The Drummer » Wed May 24, 2017 10:58 pm

Defy has joined forces with the Highspots Network, and both shows are streaming on their site now! So awesome to see this promotion take off as fast as it has!

And they posted today that they now have a working relationship with CZW. So stoked to see what comes of that!

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Thu May 25, 2017 6:33 am

Well damn!

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:25 am

Watching Defy 2. The lucha tag was no bueno.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

themib

Post by themib » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:19 am

They debut in Tacoma later this month with Cody vs. Penta, reDRagon vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Rey Fenix, and a four way with Angelina Love, Christina Von Eerie, Nicole Matthews and Su Yung. Seattle the next day has Lucha Bros vs. reDRagon announced.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:07 pm

So stoked for redragon vs Lucha Bros

wac

Post by wac » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:35 pm

Shane Strickland/Lio Rush is as good as everyone says, highly recommended. Glad these guys are on High Spots. The camera work can be a little hard to follow at times but the way it's shot makes it look really cool and unique.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:15 am

Defy 3 should be on DefyOnDemand/Highspots next week. Davey Richards vs Lio Rush was phenomenal. I loved Strickland/Rush, but Richards/Rush was just amazing.

Also, Moose was sporting a Defy shirt on Impact this week :)

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:59 am

Defy uploaded Davey Richards vs Lio Rush for the CZW title from the last show. I loved the match, check it out! ,:)

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:34 pm

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Looks like Pentagon and Fenix will be missing tonight's show in Tacoma :(
We regret to inform that we have just received word that the Lucha Brothers Penta and Fenix missed their flights this morning - We have been told Penta was the victim of a mugging last night in Mexico City. We just want to let the Defyance know that Matt and myself did everything in our power (and more) to make this happen and it hurts our hearts that this occurred last minute. That being said - although the line-up tonight will be a bit shuffled - it's going to be a great night so let's pull together and get loud!! Thanks so much for being the best fans in the indie wrestling world. - Jim
Such a bummer. There was a family emergency last time that prevented Pentagon from making it at Defy 2, and now this. Hoping they'll be able to make it to the show tomorrow night in Seattle.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Not sure if I should spoiler the results from last nights show or not.... but just to be safe I will :)

Defy 4: Gigantic Night 1
► Show Spoiler
Night 2 is tonight that I will be going to, and (ok, I'll spoil this) it's going to be Davey Richards vs Shane Strickland to crown the first ever Defy Champion.

Lucha Bros vs reDRagon is also scheduled to happen, but with what happened to Pentagon it may not happen. Hoping Fenix can at least show up :(

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:32 am

Results for DEFY 5: Gigantic Night 2!

* Steve West d. Joey Ryan
* Angelina Love &Nicole Matthews d. Su Yung & Christina von Eerie
* King Khash d. Sonico by submission
* Davey Boy Smith Jr. d. Mike Santiago
* reDRagon d. Darby Allin & Matt Cross
* DEFY Championship Final: Davey Richards d. Shane Strickland by submission

Great show from beginning to end. The Tag Team and Main Event were by far my favorites, and the Joey Ryan match was just too awesome to not like!

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:17 pm

The promoters are suspicious of Penta I hope. Either being a carny that doesn't wanna fly all the way up to beaky Canada, or he should reevaluate the areas he frequents during his personal time.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:29 pm

supersonic wrote:The promoters are suspicious of Penta I hope. Either being a carny that doesn't wanna fly all the way up to beaky Canada, or he should reevaluate the areas he frequents during his personal time.
the story is that he was in a car on the way to the airport when it was surrounded and he was robbed. nothing to do with how he spent his personal time.

obviously it is wrestling so it could easily be a work, but if it isn't it isn't worth it to blame him

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:20 pm

K. Hare wrote:
supersonic wrote:The promoters are suspicious of Penta I hope. Either being a carny that doesn't wanna fly all the way up to beaky Canada, or he should reevaluate the areas he frequents during his personal time.
the story is that he was in a car on the way to the airport when it was surrounded and he was robbed. nothing to do with how he spent his personal time.

obviously it is wrestling so it could easily be a work, but if it isn't it isn't worth it to blame him
I think the thing Supersonic is also referring to was the last time he got booked for Seattle (a couple months ago) he had to cancel too, that time for a family emergency. Which is TOTALLY understandable, except what bugged me was that he and Fenix appeared the following night at AAW. Both situations alone are totally ok and understandable, life happens, but since it's happened twice in a row it is a bit of a head scratcher.

Personally, I don't think he's pulling a fast one, things happen, and I don't think he's getting anything out of it anyway. Dude is booked for another show or two in the next couple months for some CRASH events up here, hosted by DEFY. If he isn't able to make those too though.............