Impact Wrestling (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
thecubsfan

Re: IMPACT the REBORN Tracker Thread

Post by thecubsfan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:22 am

What is up with this 10% of Indie Bookings fee they are tacking on to these deals? wtf kind of nonsense is that?
The concept is the TV show and the association with the promotion is going to get the wrestlers more work (and maybe higher paying work) than they would've gotten on their own, so Impact feels like some of that money should be kicked back to for providing the platform. It's not completely illogical; the new LAX seems to be one of the strongest pushed acts on these TV tapings, but the members generally had no great national profile before this weekend. Now they're going to be in more demand, assuming everything comes off well on TV, and Impact's looking to get a cut of it for making it happen.

LU did NOT put this something like this in their contracts, thinking they'd be running house shows years ago so it wouldn't matter, and it's resulting in them getting very little benefit out of Pentagon, Fenix, Jeff Cobb and others becoming stars on their TV. This is sort of an admission that as much as Impact would like start back running their house show schedule, they're not confident about it - if they were able to keep these guys busy on their own, they wouldn't both with this. The underlining issue is Impact needs to make money and can't make money in traditional fashion, so they're trying to get a piece of anyone simply associated with Impact who's making money.

I wouldn't assume it's been universally applied; it'd be a dumb move for Alberto to be giving up 10% of whatever he's getting elsewhere just as much as it would've been a dumb move for the Hardys. And, on the other side of the spectrum but moving to people I care about, Impact's done not much at all with Laredo & Garza which is cool because it means I don't have to pay attention, but likely means they haven't actually signed anything. Who agreed to be what will probably be even more clear after this end of these tapings.

LK3185

Post by LK3185 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:27 am

So obviously then, Jarrett lets his wife do whatever the hell she wants on a wrestling show, backstage ? Yikes.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:22 am

There are very few people with a worse reputation in wrestling than Karen Jarrett.

One amusing half serious thing I always wondered about the 10% "booking fee". For some of the lower level talent, let's say Marshe Rockett or Fallah Bah or whoever, if they get booked at RANDOM LOCAL INDIE LEAGUE #2 for $50, is IMPACT really going to invoice them for $5?

thenearzone

Post by thenearzone » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:41 pm

thecubsfan wrote:
What is up with this 10% of Indie Bookings fee they are tacking on to these deals? wtf kind of nonsense is that?
The concept is the TV show and the association with the promotion is going to get the wrestlers more work (and maybe higher paying work) than they would've gotten on their own, so Impact feels like some of that money should be kicked back to for providing the platform. It's not completely illogical; the new LAX seems to be one of the strongest pushed acts on these TV tapings, but the members generally had no great national profile before this weekend. Now they're going to be in more demand, assuming everything comes off well on TV, and Impact's looking to get a cut of it for making it happen.
Do you think that IMPACT is going out there looking for bookings for these guys? It'd be a great move on their part if they took an active role in this, especially if they're getting a cut back.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:48 pm

After reading all of the recent results and seeing things like 1000 authority figures no one cares about, screwy finishes for the World title, that one strange finish for the MMA-like belt, Storm talking about ratings in his promo, a program between two announcers based on things said on the Internet... I can't help but think Jarrett brought back an old friend from New York.

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Leo C wrote:After reading all of the recent results and seeing things like 1000 authority figures no one cares about, screwy finishes for the World title, that one strange finish for the MMA-like belt, Storm talking about ratings in his promo, a program between two announcers based on things said on the Internet... I can't help but think Jarrett brought back an old friend from New York.
I wouldn't be shocked if they brought him given their track record, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he's not back and this is all Jarrett's doing. I think Jarrett has shown that he's from that dying days of WCW mindset. He's a total hack.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:20 am

I forgot they were even taping today. A big change from 2 or 3 days ago when interest was high.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:21 am

I love the whole "IMPACT the REBORN" moniker! Fits perfectly.
Joe Lanza wrote:Suicide returns. Could be anyone.
Not sure if this was posted here yet, but Caleb Konley was under the mask at these tapings:

Also, this does pertain to IMPACT, since involves the issues surrounding who owns the "Broken" Matt Hardy character:

pol

Post by pol » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:51 am

Russo says Jarrett contacted him. Of course he's claiming he has no involvement, but it's not hard to read the signs.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:47 pm

FilipPejic wrote:Man Impact might as well change its name to Global Force because right now they are essentially depushing eery wrestler from the previous regime
Dude, you called it.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2 ... um=twitter

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:51 pm

BackLash wrote:
FilipPejic wrote:Man Impact might as well change its name to Global Force because right now they are essentially depushing eery wrestler from the previous regime
Dude, you called it.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2 ... um=twitter
That's kind of sick but when you think about I'm not surprised. Does anyone know this has any impact with Hardys lawsuit or everything is still the same.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Sneak preview of the buyrates for the TNA...er...Impact...er....Global Force Wrestling's PPV tonight:

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Hot take.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:07 pm

It actually turned out the other way, I was surprised to see how many people were talking about Slammiversary given the NJPW show and it being Impact.

I have the sneaking suspicion many of those people were not paying the PPV price to see the show and Twitter buzz is not necessarily an indicator of success, but still: TNA/Impact/GFW couldn't have given away their PPVs for free at times in recent years. This time, they built a show people were interested in and it seems like they delivered on that show. They've had so many restarts which seem to fail that it's nice to see this one getting off to a good start.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Reaction seems to be positive. Not glowingly, so, but still pretty positive.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic