WWE WrestleMania 33 - April 2, 2017

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

WWE WrestleMania 33 - April 2, 2017

Post by supersonic » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Airing LIVE on Sunday, April 2 at 7PM Eastern/4PM Pacific exclusively on the WWE Network!

Kickoff show begins at 5PM Eastern/2PM Pacific

Taking place at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, FL. Tickets still available - http://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/2200 ... 81v1mobile

The card:

Hosts
The New Day

4th Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Kickoff)
Participants include Apollo Crews, Big Show, Bo Dallas, Braun Strowman, Chad Gable, Curt Hawkins, Curtis Axel, Dolph Ziggler, Epico, Fandango, Goldust, Heath Slater, Jason Jordan, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Jinder Mahal, Killian Dain, Mark Henry, Mojo Rawley, Primo, R-Truth, Rhino, Sami Zayn, Tian Bing, and Tyler Breeze

Cruiserweight Title - Dream Match (Kickoff)
Neville vs. Austin Aries

SmackDown Women's Title Match
Alexa Bliss vs. Naomi vs. Carmella vs. Natalya vs. Becky Lynch vs. Mickie James

Raw Tag Titles - Ladder Match
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Sheamus & Cesaro vs. Colin Cassady & Enzo Amore

IC Title Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Baron Corbin

Raw Women's Title - Elimination Match
Bayley vs. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

US Title Match
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens

Intergender Tag Match
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse

Hardcore Match
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

WWE Title Match
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton

Universal Title Match
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

Last edited by supersonic on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:34 am, edited 19 times in total.

supersonic

Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 - April 2, 2017

Post by supersonic » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:39 am

WWE Title Match
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:44 pm

If Dave's lineup holds, Lesnar v. Goldberg for the Universal Championship is the only match I have any interest in. Still can't believe they dropped the ball on Cena v. Taker.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Yeah, if the lineup is what Dave reported weeks ago it will be the least interesting WrestleMania since WM 2000/16.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:56 pm

I just can't wrap my mind around not having better than Shane for Styles. Look, I get that they consider it a big spot to be in there with him, but after the year he had, between the Reigns feud, the Cena feud and carrying Smackdown for the first six months of the brand split, he deserves FAR better.

And I have a very easy way to make it happen. Why not have a brand vs. brand match and put him in against Joe?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:58 pm

No. Balor vs. Styles. Joe can dethrone Zayn for the US title, making it another brief reign for our favorite underdog ginger in the company.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:37 pm

supersonic wrote:No. Balor vs. Styles. Joe can dethrone Zayn for the US title, making it another brief reign for our favorite underdog ginger in the company.
I'd happily take both of these matches, though the Joe/Zayn matches in NXT were not the greatest. Maybe away from the main event, it will be better.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:25 pm

I don't want Zayn vs. Joe at all, but it may be necessary. Joe decimating Zayn advances their gimmicks too.

Hagan

Post by Hagan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:54 am

What also became readily apparent tonight is that a lot of people are going to be up in arms about Goldberg and Brock probably being for the Universal title and going on last at 'mania and I'm sure Roman and UT will be pushed higher in the promotional material but over the next seven weeks KO and Jericho are gonna just be all over TV doing this feud. They already get more screentime on Raw than any other act between matches and promos. A lot of people are going to be taking umbrage at the part-timers jumping into main event slots but this feud is probably going to be carrying Raw for the rest of the summer, regardless of whatever machinations are going on with the belt.

It's my same thinking with AJ. Despite whatever is going on with Orton and the belt, AJ is still gonna be all over the show, especially in an authority feud with Shane. Honestly, a match with Shane is going to be pushed harder than the title match, especially once Bray promos us to death over the next seven weeks.

I think worrying about match order and who has what belt at 'mania is overthinking what their goal is and what the status of how people are pushed are.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:40 am

With this battle royal happening is there a possibility that Luke Harper wins and the WWE Champiosnhip match is a triple threat between haper, Wyatt and Orton
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:47 am

Absolutely plausible.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:22 pm

Would be great. Harpers big moment

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:29 pm

It is unbelievable that they are doing Lesnar vs Goldberg at this year's Mania & that it might be a main event title match. Their 2004 match was considered one of the worst WrestleMania matches. I wonder if the crowd will get nostalgic & start jeering.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:51 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:It is unbelievable that they are doing Lesnar vs Goldberg at this year's Mania & that it might be a main event title match. Their 2004 match was considered one of the worst WrestleMania matches. I wonder if the crowd will get nostalgic & start jeering.
I think applying the 2004 scenario to today ignores a tremendous amount of difference between then and now.

1) Both men are on good terms with the company
2) Both are over with the crowd
3) Match is actually wanted by the fans
4) Company is pushed both men properly

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:50 pm

mlev76 wrote:
ScorpioCorp wrote:It is unbelievable that they are doing Lesnar vs Goldberg at this year's Mania & that it might be a main event title match. Their 2004 match was considered one of the worst WrestleMania matches. I wonder if the crowd will get nostalgic & start jeering.
I think applying the 2004 scenario to today ignores a tremendous amount of difference between then and now.

1) Both men are on good terms with the company
2) Both are over with the crowd
3) Match is actually wanted by the fans
4) Company is pushed both men properly
That is true. I just find the concept of doing a WrestleMania rematch of one of the worst WrestleMania matches weird, no matter what the current circumstances are. I think it is bad karma.