WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Re: WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:34 am

The past few weeks of NXT have been incredible.

Just as Lanza was saying that ROH TV is better then NXT, NXT has this insane row of weekly television. Man...king stay the king of weekly episodic wrestling television.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 am

Really enjoyed the fourway this week. Hot take, but WWE deliver on these multi-man matches more often than they don't, IMO. I mean, sure, there's the obvious tropes, but every match type in every company has it's tropes. Gargano winding up in the ring with Black is the hottest Full Sail has been in some time and it came at the end of a taping. Hopefully they'll be able to get around to Gargano/Ciampa this year and that's really going to give NXT some juice if done right.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:27 pm

Sane looked like a total geek loser tonight. Just a cute little doll getting murked by the scary mma lady. You think they are framing her as the female ricky morton?

ThommyGunn

Post by ThommyGunn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:48 pm

Does anyone else think this big Gargano comeback is leading to a match with Andrade at the Rumble Takeover where Ciampa returns to spoil it? Which means we're gonna get Gargano/Ciampa at the Mania Takeover... Been a great story so far.

lonemagician

Post by lonemagician » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:32 pm

ThommyGunn wrote:Does anyone else think this big Gargano comeback is leading to a match with Andrade at the Rumble Takeover where Ciampa returns to spoil it? Which means we're gonna get Gargano/Ciampa at the Mania Takeover... Been a great story so far.
I assumed that Gargano wins and Ciampa spoils the celebration to set up a match for the Mania TakeOver, but that match wouldn't necessarily need the title.

Who would Almas defend against if he still has it? Black?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 am

Ciampa is a massive idiot in storyline should he prevent Gargano from dethroning Almas. If anything, I'd like for him to scare the shit out of Vega from getting involved, then ruining Gargano's post-match celebration.

Ciampa knows damn well that narcissistic muggings after pretending to be on good terms with the NXT Champion are the fast paths to NXT Title matches. Don't believe me?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:41 pm

The difference could be that Ciampa isn't all that interested in the title and would rather make Johnny's life miserable. Ciampa cares more about ruining Johnny's potential moment than having one of his own.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:13 pm

The black mouthguard that Basler rocks is great. Makes her look menacing and gruff. They didn't hit her with the extensions and the homer simpson make-up gun. It's ok to make your brutal shooter scary and not a looker,,,, just like Suzuki, adds to the mystique. Violence (and don't forget this is what wrestling is about) is an ugly scary phenomenon.

Gotta feel for poor Lio. Dude used to be an indy darling. Now he's a fly for Lars to swat. #freelio Also #freedijak remember when dude was right up there with Lee and Riddle? Now he's....uh......guess he has a kid or something so maybe WWE is a good idea.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:22 am

Ferrante207 wrote: Gotta feel for poor Lio. Dude used to be an indy darling. Now he's a fly for Lars to swat. #freelio Also #freedijak remember when dude was right up there with Lee and Riddle? Now he's....uh......guess he has a kid or something so maybe WWE is a good idea.
Lio will be fine. Likely this is the end of him for being a secondary character. Next time he's on TV he'll likely be making his full debut with a real character and probably a name change.

ThommyGunn

Post by ThommyGunn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:46 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:The difference could be that Ciampa isn't all that interested in the title and would rather make Johnny's life miserable. Ciampa cares more about ruining Johnny's potential moment than having one of his own.
That's exactly what I thought, he would much rather ruin Johnny's life than anything else
Ferrante207 wrote:The black mouthguard that Basler rocks is great. Makes her look menacing and gruff. They didn't hit her with the extensions and the homer simpson make-up gun. It's ok to make your brutal shooter scary and not a looker,,,, just like Suzuki, adds to the mystique. Violence (and don't forget this is what wrestling is about) is an ugly scary phenomenon.

Gotta feel for poor Lio. Dude used to be an indy darling. Now he's a fly for Lars to swat. #freelio Also #freedijak remember when dude was right up there with Lee and Riddle? Now he's....uh......guess he has a kid or something so maybe WWE is a good idea.
Def agree with your thoughts on Basler, most potential a non-Asuka female NXT heel has had in a while.

I think Lio will be pushed soon enough, he gets over in every match he's in, and at this point takes a beatin better than anyone other than Oney Lorcan.

Also, loved the Dream this week and his awesome promo with Johnny Wrestling, Vega also had a great promo. Finally the main event was an awesome house show tag kind of thing. It's the perfect thing to get us from point A to point B in these in between weeks.Weekly wrestling shows are so much better in these 1 hour chunks.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Patrick Clark is the truth. My best wrestling friend (a black dude) sent me a really heartfelt text about how he thinks that a guy like Patrick Clark or Keith Lee gives him hope his kids will see a black person as a top WWE guy. I'm buying all the Patrick Clark stock.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:Patrick Clark is the truth. My best wrestling friend (a black dude) sent me a really heartfelt text about how he thinks that a guy like Patrick Clark or Keith Lee gives him hope his kids will see a black person as a top WWE guy. I'm buying all the Patrick Clark stock.
Vince buys the Panthers
BOFA Stadium hosts WM
That WM is headlined by Styles vs Dream to rile up the divisive crowd