WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Alan4L

Re: WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by Alan4L » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:41 am

ODonnell wrote: Before McIntrye put it out there on x-pacs podcast, was it well known Gabe was working in NXT creative?
when was the podcast? Didn't realise that was out now.

Padje

Post by Padje » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:42 am

BoxingRobes wrote:Angelo Dawkins finally found something to do...with a guy that outshines him the moment they step out from the curtain.
Angelo Dawkins is Montez Ford's most swagless homie.
ODonnell wrote:
Also, is Danny Burch signed to NXT again? Mauro clearly said "two NXT superstars" and I don't think they're gonna have an unsigned guy go over an nxt signed wrestler. Hopefully Burch/Oney form a tag team for the tourney
When Burch won the series I figured they were building him up to fight Pete Dunne at a Takeover. I guess he's got the same sort of contract as the rest of the BritWres lads.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:23 am

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:17 am

Anyone else get the feeling from the Takeover ads they'll have main roster NXT grads all over the show? Got that vibe from some of the local ads promoting the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 am

ODonnell wrote:Anyone else get the feeling from the Takeover ads they'll have main roster NXT grads all over the show? Got that vibe from some of the local ads promoting the show

I mean at the big NXT shows they always load the crowd with non-NXT WWE talent, especially NXT alums.

You're probably right that there'll be a ton of cuts to NXT alums in the crowd. Outdo themselves in that respect.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:30 am

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Garuda wrote:
ODonnell wrote:Anyone else get the feeling from the Takeover ads they'll have main roster NXT grads all over the show? Got that vibe from some of the local ads promoting the show

I mean at the big NXT shows they always load the crowd with non-NXT WWE talent, especially NXT alums.

You're probably right that there'll be a ton of cuts to NXT alums in the crowd. Outdo themselves in that respect.

Dave confirmed on WOR this morning when talking about Ric Flair that they're planning on bringing in a ton of NXT people for the show, and Charlotte was one of them.

I assume it's more than just crowd shots, but who knows. They're billing it as a homecoming, so I would imagine at lease some sort of in ring segment

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:33 pm

I see, I missed that. Yeah, now I'm curious.

Padje

Post by Padje » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:15 am

I think it's mis-direction for an angle. Bring in loads of them, and promote it, and have one do an angle with someone ready to come up. (my heart says Neville vs Dunne, but my mind says Aleister Black is debuting on the main roster soon)

Could be an excuse to have all 4 horsewomen in the one place to kickstart the Ronda Rousey feud.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Prediction/hunch for Takeover: If AOP and Sanity ends up being any good, I think people are going to come out of it talking up Wolfe. There's a guy who's on nobody's radar. Based on the brawl they had a few weeks back though, I get the feeling he's going to be bumping big to make AOP look good and that's probably going to be the key to the match working.

Interested to see how the crowd reacts too, because the build felt like they were trying to position AOP as the faces, but for whatever reason Full Sail got behind Sanity instead.

Hoping Street Profits get on the TV taping too and want to see what kind of reaction they get.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:27 pm

cbacon87 wrote:Prediction/hunch for Takeover: If AOP and Sanity ends up being any good, I think people are going to come out of it talking up Wolfe. There's a guy who's on nobody's radar. Based on the brawl they had a few weeks back though, I get the feeling he's going to be bumping big to make AOP look good and that's probably going to be the key to the match working.

Interested to see how the crowd reacts too, because the build felt like they were trying to position AOP as the faces, but for whatever reason Full Sail got behind Sanity instead.

Hoping Street Profits get on the TV taping too and want to see what kind of reaction they get.
Wolfe was always a damn good wrestler. He was just bland as cardboard. He's found his personality now and is ready to breakout huge - possibly as a babyface, based on a match I saw him have at Download Festival where he was AWESOME in that role.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Code Orange and the singer of Incendiary will be performing Aleister Black's theme when he comes out.... That's going to be so sick!!!

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Padje wrote:I think it's mis-direction for an angle. Bring in loads of them, and promote it, and have one do an angle with someone ready to come up. (my heart says Neville vs Dunne, but my mind says Aleister Black is debuting on the main roster soon)

Could be an excuse to have all 4 horsewomen in the one place to kickstart the Ronda Rousey feud.
Adam Cole and the ROH guys beating down Sami Zayn makes sense to me. There's pics of Cole with the NXT guys at the airport so he's at least gonna get something .

I got an email from the building saying the show starts at 7:15, so they're definitely taping at least two matches prior. My best guess would be an Iconic vs Ruby/Liv perhaps and Roddy, Ohno, Velveteen dream, or heavy machinery being featured.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:20 am

Does the final match listed indicate a title change tomorrow?

LK3185

Post by LK3185 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Haven't watched NXT TV in months so i'm not sure what to expect from tonight's show but I'm sure i'll be pleasently surprised. I really am a fan of Drew so i hope he wins.