WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
John The Drummer

Re: WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by John The Drummer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:53 am

I'd like to know what field Long Hair guy works in if he can constantly afford front row for every damn PPV!

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:55 am

John The Drummer wrote:I'd like to know what field Long Hair guy works in if he can constantly afford front row for every damn PPV!
Friend of mine's girlfriend gave him the nickname of "The Tranny". I find it odd he is always with the same old woman. Maybe that is his sugar momma or maybe its just his momma. Who knows?

I still can't get over how many of these avid attendees of WWE shows think they are celebrities. I do not follow any of them on twitter but I see some of the shit that is retweeted and I can't believe how douchey some of these people come across. My favorite twitter profile quote of one of these guys is" figuring out my role in the business".

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Orney Lorcan has to be a front runner for Most Underrated this year. He's really had a great in ring year thus far and his match with Itami was good. Overall, this week's show continued the trend of good, solid shows. Next week's women's triple threat might be something special.

CThrash13

Post by CThrash13 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:32 am

Itami vs. Lorcan was a lot of fun! I'm not sure they know what to do with Lorcan, but like you said, he's crazy underrated. The two worked a super stiff looking match and both came out better for it. I'm interested to see where Itami's character goes from here. He's such an asset when healthy.

themib

Post by themib » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:11 am

Asuka busted Ruby Riot open at yesterday's Download Festival show, and the match had to be stopped. Riot got 5 stitches (Sally?) and then did a Facebook Live interview briefly mentioning the incident.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:27 pm

27th NXT female superstar on the roster - excluding announcers and the referee

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:15 pm

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:00 am

Jeff Hawkins wrote:I'm not a crowd shamer when it comes to crowds going to into business for themselves at main roster shows, I think the Full Sail crowd has a certain responsibility to "play along" at big moments. They do for matches, but not really here, which frustrated me.
I think we're getting to the point where they don't even play along for matches now, which is going to be a problem.

I get that the crowd gets quieter the longer the taping goes and that's always been an issue. And thinking about it, that's always been an issue. But from this past set of tapings alone, Dunne/Burch was a great match that deserved better, Itami/Lorcan got nothing until Lorcan started to hit Itami as hard as he could and this week the women's triple threat was rough going crowd wise, to the point that when they went backstage and called a no contest it was an improvement on them wrestling in front of a crowd where it felt like some were making an effort to get some noise going but they had to make the effort. Granted, Burch has been long-time enhancement, Riot hasn't connected yet and Itami has never connected fully. And they're probably long, tiring tapings. But still, they're not enhancing any of these matches anymore. When Riot hitting a dropkick off the apron gets polite applause, but everybody will yell "SWEET" after a 2 count, they're just another modern crowd. No-one's getting over on the back of Full Sail anymore.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:47 am

They have no stamina whatsoever; I went to a ROH this year in Pittsburgh a place well known for having shitty dead crowds was hot (except for whenever the Rebellion or Jay White showed up) from 7:00 to goddamn midnight.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:06 pm

I wish we didn't need so many multi-woman matches to get to this, but this has been the women's match I've wanted to see in all of WWE all year.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Aleister Black v. Kassius Ohno next week.

Its a shame they blew this match for an NXT TV show. They are capable of MOTYC quality shit and this should have been a Takeover opener or something...but it'll be a butchered (clipped) weekly TV show match.

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Yeah it really doesn't make any sense to just throw it out there without a build but I assume there will be Itami shenanigans involved

themib

Post by themib » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Got a feeling Nikki wins the title in this match - it's a way for Asuka to lose the title without getting pinned or submitting, and Nikki can get heat for winning the title with SAnitY help.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:21 am

Can't see Asuka's streak and reign ending on a Wednesday episode NXT.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 pm

At this point, ROH must have pictures of HHH with a dead prostitute or something to keep these ROH guys still unsigned.

It's the middle of June and its wellllllll past 90 days.