WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

Re: WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by mlev76 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:39 pm

Garuda wrote:I like that NXT builds guys up in squash matches, but we're in one of those periods where they've separated their males single talent so completely with their job guys that there isn't a strong sense of who among the relevant guys are bigger deals compared to others. Ohno and Strong and McIntyre and Black etc. are all kind of in their own universes.

They've got a rough thing going on where the NXT Champ interacts only with his opponent in multi-month feuds, and the title scene feels like its own division or something. Maybe take a page from NJPW (I know) and get some tag matches on these shows to have this men's singles division feel like one cohesive thing and earn some anticipation for #1 contenders.

NXT is improving, but especially with the UK stuff this week (which I'm for) NXT feels like a bunch of unconnected scenes instead of a place with an actual roster and ecosystem. Performance guys fading in and out constantly doesn't help matters.
See, I like that we have 3 possible contenders all being built up strong in their own ways. McIntyre is making through some of the higher end talent; Strong is being built up with personality pieces; and Black is just a guy whose aura is awesome. And none of them is being built up for Chicago which will be Itami's shot.

The NXT title has, by and large, been the weakest title with regard to roster of challengers for a while and I'm glad they're changing that.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue May 02, 2017 1:41 am

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed May 03, 2017 2:54 pm

I'm a mark for squash matches. Guilty as charged. The more, the merrier.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Last night's live event didn't include Ember in a promo graphic for Takeover, so looks like the injury is legit, unless the new work is going to even new lengths.

Since Ticketmaster is showing a per seat chart now for Takeover, you can easily see the movement. Seemingly in line with recent non-WM Takeovers, only half gone. Maybe too much for a town to take in with back to back nights, although they did sell out back to back TV tapings in December, so it's just the reality of the brand right now. But I advise for anyone interested to just walk out and pay at the box office as you'll only pay the value of the ticket and not a penny of fees more (plus $20 parking, but ya know).

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Fri May 05, 2017 4:03 pm

Yeah, Ember was advertised for that last tour (which I think they didn't even add until after the injury) and wasn't there.

They also advertised Sawyer Fulton, who also wasn't there but returned in Orlando that same night. Weird.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Fri May 05, 2017 4:04 pm

TGD287 wrote:Last night's live event didn't include Ember in a promo graphic for Takeover, so looks like the injury is legit, unless the new work is going to even new lengths.

Since Ticketmaster is showing a per seat chart now for Takeover, you can easily see the movement. Seemingly in line with recent non-WM Takeovers, only half gone. Maybe too much for a town to take in with back to back nights, although they did sell out back to back TV tapings in December, so it's just the reality of the brand right now. But I advise for anyone interested to just walk out and pay at the box office as you'll only pay the value of the ticket and not a penny of fees more (plus $20 parking, but ya know).
I thought she was taken out of the match to sell the "asuka feared Ember, so she injured her" narrative, didn't think she was actually injured.

And I just checked ticketmaster, and it appears that the lower bowl is sold out, and half of the upper deck camera side is sold out. It doesn't show tickets available on the hard cam side for the upper deck, so I dont think they opened that side up. Running a takeover without Nakamura or any real drawing cards while in transition was ambitious

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri May 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Observer:
Jurn Simmons, 25, the wXw champion, will be one of the names involved in another European tryout camp that takes place from 5/7 to 5/10

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:08 pm

TGD287 wrote:Last night's live event didn't include Ember in a promo graphic for Takeover, so looks like the injury is legit, unless the new work is going to even new lengths.

High end live indie wrestling is a much better value and experience. You can spend 20 on tickets and spend that other 60 on beers and a couple t shirts. The bloom is off the live nxt rose. Especially since Nakamura was really their major draw. Most Americans that want to see him sashay to the ring, have already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Fri May 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Asuka seems to be a big deal still for a lot of people. I've been to five nxt tour shows and people always react huge.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Sat May 06, 2017 11:06 pm

Holy shit. Save it for tv fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:26 pm

This is great too

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sun May 07, 2017 12:10 am

Interesting spoilers during the UK taping. I'm very excited to be going to this TakeOver.

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Sun May 07, 2017 10:48 pm

The only match I saw from the first half was D.I.Y. vs. Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss.
It was really good match.

Ciampa took someone's shoes and did the Cinderella.

Then was intermission and match vote. Jinder Mahal vs. Seth Rollins was screwed.
Drew McIntyre vs. Patrick Clark was a fun match.

Asuka vs. Sonya Deville (Daria Berenato) was a good+ match.
Tye Dillinger and Hideo Itami vs. Bobby Roode and Andrade “Cien” Almas was very fun chant filled match, their was a six chant for Bobby Roode. I was slightly disappointed that nobody chanted teNXT with me or he's 100 with me.
A really show.

I forgot to add that they were using the older NXT Championship models at the live event. And during the Tye's farewell speech he gave a shout out (Not the wrestling move) to Ryan Katz (GQ Money, WSX announcer Fabian Kaelin, and/or the guy in the guy that says gather around in the Vaudevillians entrance)
Last edited by HeadCheese on Tue May 09, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Mon May 08, 2017 4:41 am

Yo I was disappointed and surprised nobody chanted TeNXT at the Southaven show too

Padje

Post by Padje » Mon May 08, 2017 11:37 am

themib wrote:

Outstanding video, adding a much needed layer of character to Roderick Strong in NXT. Pretty big deal in the same week that he became a father.
Feel sorry for Rodders. He comes in out of nowhere, teams with Aries for what is an obvious turns-on-partner angle, but Aries gets injured. Roddy goes off to tread water, meanwhile an injured Aries gets a commentating gig on 205 live and has his first match back at WrestleMania.