WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Re: WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:18 pm

Women's division needs an infusion of talent throughout the card in the worst way at all levels...NXT, RAW, and Smackdown...it just has no depth to support it continued storylines. The material on RAW and Smackdown basically culminated in whatever happened at Mania. Asuka laying out an entire division doesn't exactly build depth going forward...IMO, all but Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, RUBY RIOT, and MMA chick should be called up...so, I guess by all, I mean iconic, Liv Morgan, Aliyah...they can bring up the hoard of other jobber chicks in for enhancement talent, but Billy/Peyton, Liv, Aliyah are all damaged goods at the NXT level, IMO. Also, they should go back to getting Ellering, Blanchard, Santana Garrett, Leva Bates etc. in as per appearance types. I thought they were perfect enhancement talent for longer form matches after a girl got past jobber status or competing against jobber status.

I think the men's side is going to be fine ultimately, especially as Ohno, End, Galloway, Roddy, etc. get some direction and focus. Didn't think of a Gargano singles run but he is one of my favorites, so I would be all in.

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:40 pm

I just wish they'd do something with Oney Lorcan. Always love seeing that dude on TV.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:04 pm

As poorly as it went for him, the fact he was in the position opposite Drifter is at least a positive sign. They gave him a promo before the Almas match too, so they must trust him to some degree.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Might be alone here, but I loved the whole El Vagabundo match. Between the commentary, the mysterious lack of an accent and the great reveal, this was all super fun stuff.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:57 am

BoxingRobes wrote:Women's division needs an infusion of talent throughout the card in the worst way at all levels...NXT, RAW, and Smackdown...it just has no depth to support it continued storylines. The material on RAW and Smackdown basically culminated in whatever happened at Mania. Asuka laying out an entire division doesn't exactly build depth going forward...IMO, all but Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, RUBY RIOT, and MMA chick should be called up...so, I guess by all, I mean iconic, Liv Morgan, Aliyah...they can bring up the hoard of other jobber chicks in for enhancement talent, but Billy/Peyton, Liv, Aliyah are all damaged goods at the NXT level, IMO. Also, they should go back to getting Ellering, Blanchard, Santana Garrett, Leva Bates etc. in as per appearance types. I thought they were perfect enhancement talent for longer form matches after a girl got past jobber status or competing against jobber status.

I think the men's side is going to be fine ultimately, especially as Ohno, End, Galloway, Roddy, etc. get some direction and focus. Didn't think of a Gargano singles run but he is one of my favorites, so I would be all in.

I think that's all in a holding pattern for the women's tournament. I also think there's a scary chance for that whole thing to fall flat.

And if they indeed want to spin it off into a women's weekly show, and further fragment their talent pools, yikes yikes yikes.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:32 am

Women's wrestling has always struggled to produce quality at the WWE level. The best matches have seemingly been rehearsed by the ladies many times before showtime.

You're right...the women's tourney has the potential to be bad...a much higher chance than any of the dude tournaments...and that includes a stinker of a Dusty Classic.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:06 am

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Wow. That is a huge pickup that could really dent wXw with them losing a real main eventer for them.

That being said, I think he would fit WWE like a glove. Ticks all the boxes in what they look for in my opinion.

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Empiresk wrote:Wow. That is a huge pickup that could really dent wXw with them losing a real main eventer for them.

That being said, I think he would fit WWE like a glove. Ticks all the boxes in what they look for in my opinion.
Yep, just last night I was watching Chapter 46 and during his match with Haskins thought to myself "I'm surprised WWE haven't tried to pick him up yet" and then the very next morning it breaks that they already have! I like this one though, I think he'll fit in perfectly with the WWE style and I've never been massively into him in Progress or wXw so from a personal enjoyment perspective alone I feel like I'll probably be gaining on balance.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:12 pm

If anyone wants to hear what it sounds like when ROH blocks you from going to WWE, listen to John Pollocks interview with Dijak on the Law this week. After speaking perfectly for every question, he couldn't stop stammering and pausing when asked about the next few months saying everything was up in the air, and hopefully he would have exciting opportunities soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:59 pm

rovert wrote:
Very cool. Wonder if they have any interest in Ilja.

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 pm

mlev76 wrote:
rovert wrote:
Very cool. Wonder if they have any interest in Ilja.
I'd guess Marius Al-Ani is a better shout.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:32 am

Drew's return match with Oney Lorcan is really good stuff; Biff is king of the sprint matches in WWE imo

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Last night's episode got twitter feedback and TL activity that I haven't seen in a long time

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Must be the new intro.

I feel like they did the last "it's a new NXT" push fairly recently, maybe it was after Mania last year though. Either way, I liked the show this week. It was essentially all enhancement matches but they at least did something interesting with all of them. I'm interested in this Miley guy purely based on how he looks, which is a start, not so sure about the name though.