Chris Hero heading back to WWE

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Re: Chris Hero heading back to WWE

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:57 pm

mlev76 wrote:
NutCrack wrote:What was the issue with the Twitter feed?
Not sure if it were Rich or Joe, but one of them was discussing the protocol on breaking scoops on wrestler's comings and goings and how some peopke can and others can't. The news about Hero has been spoken about it in code for quite a while, but no one was coming out and saying it outright. Meltzer breaking it seems to be ok as someone asked if Hero's tweet was about him breaking the news and he said it was not.
That was Joe but I don't think it had anything to do with Meltzer. Hero's tweet was about Ryan Satin (I believe) who said:
We’re told the current consensus behind the scenes seems to be that he’ll go back to using the KO name and this will be a continuation of his former character.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/chris- ... FAMLuQrJTY

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:47 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
NutCrack wrote:What was the issue with the Twitter feed?
Not sure if it were Rich or Joe, but one of them was discussing the protocol on breaking scoops on wrestler's comings and goings and how some peopke can and others can't. The news about Hero has been spoken about it in code for quite a while, but no one was coming out and saying it outright. Meltzer breaking it seems to be ok as someone asked if Hero's tweet was about him breaking the news and he said it was not.
That was Joe but I don't think it had anything to do with Meltzer. Hero's tweet was about Ryan Satin (I believe) who said:
We’re told the current consensus behind the scenes seems to be that he’ll go back to using the KO name and this will be a continuation of his former character.
His comments were pre-F4W reveal, so it definitely wasn't about that specifically, but I got the sense that there is a bit of disdain for the 'rules' of revealing scoops.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:52 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
His comments were pre-F4W reveal, so it definitely wasn't about that specifically, but I got the sense that there is a bit of disdain for the 'rules' of revealing scoops.
Huh? No they weren't....

December 12.

Pro Wrestling Sheet's story was up the day prior (December 11) http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/chris- ... FAYxeQrJTZ as was F4W's http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/chris ... wwe-226336

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:14 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:

Huh? No they weren't....

December 12.

Pro Wrestling Sheet's story was up the day prior (December 11) http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/chris- ... FAYxeQrJTZ as was F4W's http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/chris ... wwe-226336
I meant Joe's tweets. He was tweeting about this issue around the time the F4W article popped up, prior to I believe.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:18 pm

Ah... I see what you're saying. I got mixed up with your post and someone elses.

There's definitely this weird phenomenon going on right now in pro wrestling news where sites (we're guilty of it too but we aren't a news site to be fair) don't report things they know as to not disrupt anything. You don't want to be the person that reports X is signed and is debuting at Y only for that to be pulled because it got out. The fan/wrestler/reporter relationship is far different in wrestling than it is in any major sport and ruining the chance for someone isn't worth it to many.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:20 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Ah... I see what you're saying. I got mixed up with your post and someone elses.

There's definitely this weird phenomenon going on right now in pro wrestling news where sites (we're guilty of it too but we aren't a news site to be fair) don't report things they know as to not disrupt anything. You don't want to be the person that reports X is signed and is debuting at Y only for that to be pulled because it got out. The fan/wrestler/reporter relationship is far different in wrestling than it is in any major sport and ruining the chance for someone isn't worth it to many.
How do we get rid of this stupid carny dynamic and report like normal sports?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:24 pm

For better or for worse, I get it. If you fuck up someone's chances of getting one of the only real domestic paydays, you're going to get a lot of shit not only from fellow wrestlers but from fans alike. That dynamic doesn't exist in other sports. A GM won't finish signing a guy if someone reports that they are about to sign him. That scenario could absolutely happen in wrestling and nobody wants to be the reason for it occurring. ....and I get it.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:37 pm

I don't think this is on the fans/reporters. You're in the entertainment industry. Folks are going to converse about the goings on behind the scenes. The issue is that so many hardcore fans cross-over from fan/critic to pseudo-friend so they can't "report" objectively and are worried about affecting someone's livelihood.

This dynamic of crushing deals if they get out also seems like a technique for management/owners of capital to limit bargaining power of labor which seems to be a common dynamic throughout the history of wrestling.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:38 pm

That nearly happened with Zayn.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:14 am

Did Kyle O'Reilly sign yet? Feel like that's something that should have been announced by now since well, you know, he's the champ and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:38 am

Wrestling needs a WOJ.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:45 am

ODonnell wrote:Did Kyle O'Reilly sign yet? Feel like that's something that should have been announced by now since well, you know, he's the champ and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless something happened in the last few days no.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:03 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:Wrestling needs a WOJ.
Woj also has the benefit of covering a stable league where players are making at minimum six figures. It's not apples to apples. Pro wrestling has plenty of connected people but the man and company at the center of the universe (pun definitely intended) is notoriously moody. If for whatever reason they decide news getting out about someone has ruined what they wanted to do with them it can blow up in that wrestlers face. That won't happen to the same level in professional sports.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:42 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Ferrante207 wrote:Wrestling needs a WOJ.
Woj also has the benefit of covering a stable league where players are making at minimum six figures. It's not apples to apples. Pro wrestling has plenty of connected people but the man and company at the center of the universe (pun definitely intended) is notoriously moody. If for whatever reason they decide news getting out about someone has ruined what they wanted to do with them it can blow up in that wrestlers face. That won't happen to the same level in professional sports.
I guess we're just stuck in the carny swamp forever.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:21 am

Observer:
Chris Hero (Chris Spradlin, 36) may be returning. It’s not a done deal but he’s already gotten to the point he’s gone through the medicals. It’s notable because in the past, WWE rarely would bring back people they had cut in the past but the company is heavily scouting the indie scene and is getting the most aggressive it has ever been in trying to land the top in-ring wrestlers. Hero has been one of the best in-ring performers in the world over the past year and is Mr. Versatility, in the sense he can work seemingly every style at the highest level and is kind of master at working a match where everything means something. He was with the company from 2011 to 2013 in developmental. He had mixed reviews in the sense that everyone respected his knowledge and his ability, but there were issues with his body. He did end up losing a ton of weight when he was there. When C.M. Punk came up with the idea of The Shield, who were at first going to be his henchmen in keeping the title for a long period as a heel, the group was to be Ambrose, Rollins and Hero, but WWE wanted Reigns in the group because they believed he could be the next face of the company and that was the right way to feature him and have him learn working in matches with top guys. Hero was cut, and one coach there when he was cut noted being against that decision saying he believed Hero was the best all-around performer in developmental at the time. Since returning to the indies, he’s had a multitude of great matches, to where as far as in-ring consistency went, he was easily one of the top few wrestlers in the world. There’s no word on a start date or role. The story was huge on the Internet when it was broken and on our web site, it was one of the ten most read stories of the year