Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
King Of Indy Style

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by King Of Indy Style » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:55 pm

All they need is to book more Intergender matches, that should fix the problem right up

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:Expect some title changes today as some people are finishing up

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:46 pm

King Of Indy Style wrote:All they need is to book more Intergender matches, that should fix the problem right up
tbf, Austin is very much an IG town, going back to ACW doing it long before it was trendy with Rachael Summerlyn and others. Inspire has been IG heavy at times as well. But yeah, WC went IG crazy, and February resembled a Beyond show with all of the forced looking IG and overly eclectic card. Along with not even bothering to book certain fan faves and champions.

There are obvious money issues here, with changed venues, email blasts up until showtime, key names not being booked yesterday, and the next two shows cancelled.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:Expect some title changes today as some people are finishing up
Oh amazingly disrespectful, who did that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:38 pm

Beyond put 10x the care into booking than WrestleCircus ever did. Their shows were always shit lmao. Not to rehash the IG debate but if you can’t see the difference between Jordynne Grace vs a smaller dude and Brandi Rhodes vs Kevin Condron or Tessa Blanchard vs Cage or Dijak..... I don’t know what to tell you.

Also if a wrestler like Grace (or even leaner women with great offense like Mia Yim) just isn’t enough for you to “suspend your disbelief”....... the issue might not be the disbelief.

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:56 pm

Honestly Solow and Starks deserve better and should be a top tag team all over

themib

Post by themib » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:52 am

DylanWaco wrote:Honestly Solow and Starks deserve better and should be a top tag team all over
They did well in their brief UK run last year, and if it wasn't for Solo's relationship with Bayley, they should really consider moving over here. It worked wonders for Aussie Open.

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:56 am

Not WC, but heard tremendous things about last nights Inspire Pro card in Austin. Would be interested in hearing from those who attended or saw both shows

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:39 am

DylanWaco wrote:Not WC, but heard tremendous things about last nights Inspire Pro card in Austin. Would be interested in hearing from those who attended or saw both shows
I was live for both shows; didn't pay too close attention to attendance, but the theater looked full for both. I noticed few empty seats for WC in sections that normally sell out (1st-3rd) row; Inspire seemed fuller than usual and they were putting out more chairs as the show started.

WrestleCircus was a good rebound after the less than stellar Feb card; the show as more in line with their talked about 2017 stuff; this is PWG for Texas, and if you love spot indy style, there was lots of here.

Shane Taylor vs JT Dunn was the hard hitting, stiff strike style match. Some cool power spots by Dunn on Taylor. Shane Taylor has improved so much over the last 18 months, improved his look, and looks like a badass. He has that killer aura, pissed off aura.

Teddy Hart - Zachary Wentz - Andrew Everett - Myron Reed was a fun four way, but I couldn't help wonder why bring in Teddy Hart (with all that entails), just for the second match? This was also Everett's first WC show; his SSP was great. This was the spotfest 10-12 minute match, worked in this spot,a nd everyone was on point

There was the monthly Jervis-Leva match, and they kept it contained, and I enjoy both live. Wish Kylie Rae got more of a chance to shine here, she looked good in the spots she did with Serpentico

So, there was that three way with Fenix vs Dezmond Xavier vs Shane Strickland that everyone was raving about last year; Fenix and Dezmond did their damnest to top that in their singles match. Big highspots, crisp work, intense strikes, just a hell of a match. I went ****1/4 and it's a must watch if you only see one thing from this show.

Dalton and Gregory James won the WC Tag Titles from Extra Talented. It's a shame Starks and Solow more than likely won't be back, they blossomed as a team in the last year and should be getting work everywhere, and I was very excited WC got behind them...for a bit. Not sure what happened, but definitely some poor communication on the promotions end. Maybe ET's Aero Lucha dates got int he way? I like Dalton and James, they can be a good team and at least the belts are moving onto two other local guys who work their asses off and deserve a bigger spotlight

Masada wrestled Jordan Len-X; like, 90% was a regular match; then they did an angle with Austin the Ref, who was last scene losing to Jervis. This set up Masada vs Brian Cage...ugh....no, please, no; I can't get behind a ref angle outside of working with comedy guys

Tessa Blanchard is over af in Austin, her and Chelsea Green has a really good match. It wasn't smooth the whole way through, but was filled with effort. WC is super behind Tessa and have been for a while, don't see that changing.

Strickland and Penta was another great match; very good brawling and Penta is so intense and being up close is intimidating when he's in the zone.
Lots of chairs, lots of piledrivers

Crowd was hot all night, but dipped a bit during Masada-Len-X; WC is like a buffet of modern indie style with a side of better known local guys. The book is still very hit or miss, or not there because not all the talent can be there everyone month (this month was missing Cage and Scorpio sky, who are big parts of the main heel booking).

(this is long, sorry everyone)

Inspire Pro present a show heavy on local talent, as usual, with this months' big name being Joey Janella

Ricky Starks beat Ryan Davidson in the opener which was a good, well worked opener, that didn't go to steal the show, but set the pace for the rest of the night. Incredibly solid from two guys who basics are as good as it get and can hit that next gear when called to do so

Next up was the group formally known as The New Movement (T-Ray, Ashton Jacobs, and guest member Rob Barnes) took on Andy Dalton, Masada, and Kody Lane; good place on the card and this brawl was wild and violent, and paid off Dalton's matches with TNM over the last couple shows. There's an angle where TNM manager Chris Trew didn't show up (he's a ghost, it's whacky) and his lacky Dan the Man has taken over his group. It's the right spot on the card. I'd like to the New Movement guys in some more tags to beef that up. Just all over the place, less about spots, way more about just violence and hatred.

Ethan Price defeated Gino; Ethan was out with Roxi who is loved by the Inspire crowd and has been for years. This was okay, fine for a match where one guy (Ethan) is doing the "in over his head, barely trained" gimmick, against Gino who does so little for me. Ethan won, the crowd likes him, he does the character well. More story than ring work

Terrale Tempo defended the Inspire Pro title against Jordan Len-X. Tempo got a submission victory, then held onto the move after the match which he's done before as he slowly turns bad. This didn't grip me as I find both guys lacking big time in personality. Tempo has the basics down, but no flair or character other than "good body, wrestles okay" and Jordan Len-X just doesn't click, and the crowd really wants to boo him (probably a combo of everyone knowing he's in the WC office, and the haircut); he should turn heel asasp. Really dull, I couldn't get into it at all, and lost as to why they took the belt of Steve O Reno in favor of Tempo

Matthew Palmer won by DQ over Massive; Palmer threw tortillas at the crowd for racist cheap heat, he has Roxi with him and I think she's not happy with this crap he's doing. Match wasn't anything, Gino ran in eventually for a 2 on 1 beatdown, Ethan Price tried to save b/c he's Roxi's guy too, but that was a failure. An interesting place with the heel and sympathetic baby having the manager, but not a great stable (especially w/o usual member Allie Kat)

Steve O Reno is the MVP of Inspire. He had a great plunder brawl with Matthew Palmer last year, a great match with Lio Rush before he went to NXT, and has been the go-to guy for hot matches against incoming talent. I feel like he's the Sean Waltman type of "if you can't have a good match with this guy, you won't have a good match"; Steve got to shine against Joey Janella; they started wrestling, then kicked up the intensity after dives and chairs got brought in. Steve gave Janella a blockbuster off the apron on a chairs setup which was nuts. Split crowd most of the way, and the side that cared for Steve O is so emotionally invested in him beyond just being a talented wrestler. Wonderful effort

Thunder Rosa defeated Kylie Rae; the women's division in Inspire is stalled at the moment. Delilah Doom is the champ but has been all over the place with bookings, and Allie Kat was probably going to be her successor but also left Texas. Thunder Rosa is probably the next best option for getting the title, as soon as they book her vs Delilah. She's look better each time i've seen her, and Kylie Rae got a great chance to shine after being a bit limited at WrestleCircus. I love Smiley Kylie, and like the match she had with Delilah for Sabotage last year, when she goes from smiling happy go lucky Kylie to smirking, mean heel is a great turn. Her facials and poise is really impressive for her experience. This was a really good match.

Main event was ACH retaining the Pure Prestige Title over Davey Vega and Zac Taylor; Very good story here with two veterans giving Taylor a beating. ACH set this up as wanting to wrestle his best friend in Vega, and his protege in Taylor. Probably my favorite story of the weekend as Taylor took so much punishment from his teacher and Vega, Vega and ACH eventually cross each other up and had some good sequences, Taylor got a huge comeback and had the crowd behind him (which was great for a guy who to my knowledge and only been featured in battle royals in Inspire), and stood up to ACH but just wan't ready. The story was told so well of Zac being way in over his head and getting one or two good two counts, but he's not there yet. ACH pinned Vega, which isn't the finish i would have wanted (there a moment where ACH could have finished Taylor out of mercy that should have ended it), but this was a great match that got the crowd big time.

Whew okay, yeah, wall of text. but in closing, Inspire has some good developed characters and lots more in match stories. Two very good shows, overall

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Surreal to me that ACH is at a point in his career where he has a protege. Seems like a week ago that he was the hot young rookie everyone was racing about down here, but that was like a decade ago at this point.

Time really does fly and we're all gonna be dead soon

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:40 pm

ACH is killing it this year. Been great everywhere. Enjoyed the write up Erin

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:44 pm

Perhaps we can make this a Texas scene thread?

Inspire announced Ricky Starks vs MJF for their May show, the amount of personality in that match is off the scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 am

Nobody gave a shit about this little gem for over 3 weeks obviously.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:08 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:48 am