Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:41 am

ErinQuinn wrote:So their next show on December 17 is pretty set:

EC3 vs Pentagon Jr
Michael Elgin vs Jeff Cobb
Donovan Dijak vs Brian Cage
Joey Ryan vs Jade
Christi Jaynes vs Rachel Ellering
Sammy Guevara vs Colt Cabana
Keith Lee/Shane Taylor vs The Boys (omg)
Lance Hoyt vs Adam Page
Scorpio Sky/Laredo Kid/Serpentico vs Ricky Starks/Aaron Solow/Jorden Len-X (if Sky's team loses he loses Sideshow Title)
Jax Dane vs Carson
Oh....and Chris Hero vs ACH


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris Hero vs ACH... OMFG

What a waste of Sammy G here.

Aside from the Joey Ryan nonsense and wasting Sammy G, the rest of this looks pretty great. PRETTY BOY KILLERS VS THE BOYS

User avatar
ErinQuinn
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by ErinQuinn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:20 am

One more match: War Machine vs RPG Vice


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:52 pm

So that's a 12-match show. The 10-match show went 4+ hours.

I'm going to have to feed that fucking meter 19 times and it is going to cost $167.

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:54 pm

Also, I hope this guy never runs out of money, but it sure seems like he wants to. He's running a Saturday again. Drawing ~250 people with that lineup is like taking money and putting it directly into a shredder.

But hey, it should be a good show!

User avatar
TGD287
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:18 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by TGD287 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Chicago allows you to pay meters via an app these days. Sure, it's 10x the cost parking should be, but hey, no walking to refill!

User avatar
ErinQuinn
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by ErinQuinn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:59 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:Also, I hope this guy never runs out of money, but it sure seems like he wants to. He's running a Saturday again. Drawing ~250 people with that lineup is like taking money and putting it directly into a shredder.

But hey, it should be a good show!
I'm starting to wonder about the money situation already, since they've been speaking like running outside of Austin isn't going to be happening again anytime soon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:02 am

ErinQuinn wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:Also, I hope this guy never runs out of money, but it sure seems like he wants to. He's running a Saturday again. Drawing ~250 people with that lineup is like taking money and putting it directly into a shredder.

But hey, it should be a good show!
I'm starting to wonder about the money situation already, since they've been speaking like running outside of Austin isn't going to be happening again anytime soon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have no idea why he didn't run Dallas Saturday and Austin Sunday. Everyone knows Austin is a Sunday town. Inspire tried a Saturday last month and he told me that they did their worst house in ages and took a bath.

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Sammy G vs Mustafa Ali


User avatar
ErinQuinn
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by ErinQuinn » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:08 am

Forth WrestleCircus show was tonight. Show started around 6 and didn't let out until 11:30. Building was sold out, with only SRO available day off I think

-MOTN for me was ACH/Hero; it was top level bully Hero and you couldn't flabbergasted a better fiery babyface than the hometown guy.

-Elgin vs Cobb delivered as the hoss fight it was going to be. It's a sight to see Elgin get chucked around, and to see Cobb get powerbombed all over the ring. Finish felt a bit anti climatic, but this was a long show so crowd was getting worn out

-surprise of the night was Cabana/Guevara. Sammys had a great year but Colt didn't feel like the ideal opponent, but they worked really well together and Sammy plays off really well getting pissed at Cabanans antics. Crowd was on fire at the bell, I've seriously never heard that loud a dueling chant before. The building they're running has great acoustics. Sammy got the victory which was a great sign that the Texas talent isn't going to get the short end of the stick booking wise

-The Boys really stepped up against Keith Lee and Shane Taylor. It was a good underdog match that ended in the slaughter you'd imagine. Boys are improving really quickly

-the main event with EC3 vs Pentagon Jr was a total dud. George Gatton appeared again doing The Trashman gimmick from last month and was the distract that led to a roll up EC3 win. Match was less than 10 minutes and was deflating. EC3 isn't working at all and I'm going to be sad if he beats Elgin in January

-there was too much intergender. Joey Ryan and Jade was a Joey Ryan match which feels more uncomfortable the longer it goes; and Dijak/Blanchard had both working really hard but felt like an addition to the card that didn't need to be there.

They also failed to crown their Lady of the Ring champion, as Christi Jaynes lost to Rachel Ellering and thusly didn't get the third win she needed to earn the belt. Feels like it's going to take months to have a women's champ if she needs three wins a row and most of the women booked are doing intergender. Hope this get corrected

-the show was too long at 5 and half hours and 13 matches. It's hard for anything early in the show to stick and the crowd definitely was tiring out by the end of the show.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:59 am

ErinQuinn wrote:Forth WrestleCircus show was tonight. Show started around 6 and didn't let out until 11:30. Building was sold out, with only SRO available day off I think

-MOTN for me was ACH/Hero; it was top level bully Hero and you couldn't flabbergasted a better fiery babyface than the hometown guy.

-Elgin vs Cobb delivered as the hoss fight it was going to be. It's a sight to see Elgin get chucked around, and to see Cobb get powerbombed all over the ring. Finish felt a bit anti climatic, but this was a long show so crowd was getting worn out

-surprise of the night was Cabana/Guevara. Sammys had a great year but Colt didn't feel like the ideal opponent, but they worked really well together and Sammy plays off really well getting pissed at Cabanans antics. Crowd was on fire at the bell, I've seriously never heard that loud a dueling chant before. The building they're running has great acoustics. Sammy got the victory which was a great sign that the Texas talent isn't going to get the short end of the stick booking wise

-The Boys really stepped up against Keith Lee and Shane Taylor. It was a good underdog match that ended in the slaughter you'd imagine. Boys are improving really quickly

-the main event with EC3 vs Pentagon Jr was a total dud. George Gatton appeared again doing The Trashman gimmick from last month and was the distract that led to a roll up EC3 win. Match was less than 10 minutes and was deflating. EC3 isn't working at all and I'm going to be sad if he beats Elgin in January

-there was too much intergender. Joey Ryan and Jade was a Joey Ryan match which feels more uncomfortable the longer it goes; and Dijak/Blanchard had both working really hard but felt like an addition to the card that didn't need to be there.

They also failed to crown their Lady of the Ring champion, as Christi Jaynes lost to Rachel Ellering and thusly didn't get the third win she needed to earn the belt. Feels like it's going to take months to have a women's champ if she needs three wins a row and most of the women booked are doing intergender. Hope this get corrected

-the show was too long at 5 and half hours and 13 matches. It's hard for anything early in the show to stick and the crowd definitely was tiring out by the end of the show.
Good to see they sold out, but 13 matches is ridiculous. They can do the same loaded shows with 8-10 bouts by killing the IG and doing more tags. I want to see this group survive and thrive because I'm tired of L.A. & Chicago having all of the fun and like having a "Super Indie" in my backyard.

Here's a few of my thoughts on the booking, since obviously I wasn't there.

-They are clearly pushing Sammy G, who gets big wins on every show over established indie names. This is smart, and he should be built up to be the face of the company. Aside from being an exceptional talent with massive upside, he's just starting to get noticed nationwide, so he's a few years away from being scooped up, which makes him a good candidate for the long game. He's going to break even bigger in the next year or so, so it would be smart to be the first place to build around him. Plus Texas is his home base. It all just makes sense.

-The Trashman stuff is pure cringe, so I'm glad the crowd shit on it again. And believe me, as others will tell you, you have to work REALLY hard to get an Austin crowd to not react to something. I'm glad Gatton is getting booked (he moved here earlier this year), but he deserves better than this bootleg James Ellsworth shit.

-Imagine laying out the booking & trans expense for Pentagon Jr and wasting him in this manner. Smdh.

-ECIII not being a great worker is no secret, but he didn't really get heat at the show I attended, and it looks like this was a dud too. Elgin should win the title.

-Can't believe Jaynes lost. Wtf. It's hard to book people consistently enough on the indies to make the three in a row gimmick work. Too gimmicky, but if you are going to do it, establish someone right off the bat. Jaynes, like Sammy G, would be perfect because she isn't over exposed and she could be "their" star.

-Gutted I missed Hero/ACH, but Dijak/Blanchard is a total waste of Dijak. And Blanchard, for that matter.

User avatar
RolandGunner
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by RolandGunner » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:48 pm

ErinQuinn wrote:Forth WrestleCircus show was tonight. Show started around 6 and didn't let out until 11:30. Building was sold out, with only SRO available day off I think

-MOTN for me was ACH/Hero; it was top level bully Hero and you couldn't flabbergasted a better fiery babyface than the hometown guy.

-Elgin vs Cobb delivered as the hoss fight it was going to be. It's a sight to see Elgin get chucked around, and to see Cobb get powerbombed all over the ring. Finish felt a bit anti climatic, but this was a long show so crowd was getting worn out

-the show was too long at 5 and half hours and 13 matches. It's hard for anything early in the show to stick and the crowd definitely was tiring out by the end of the show.
It was an awesome show, but as you said far too long. I felt like the crowd peaked at the Boys / PBK and there were still four or five matches after that. They did perk up for the Pentagon match and while it was disappointing, very few people left until after his closing promo. I don't think the weak main event will hurt the next show and they really need to bring Pentagon back soon. The Ryan/Jade match may have been awkward at times but the crowd was super into it. Leva coming out as Nakamura got one of the biggest pops of the night.

User avatar
ErinQuinn
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by ErinQuinn » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:34 pm

I was surprised Jaynes lost until I remembered she's heading to Stardom. Said hi to her during intermission and she confirmed she's leaving today.

Hopefully she gets the belt as soon as she returns





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
RobViper13
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:37 am

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by RobViper13 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:29 pm

You can always tell how well a promoter is taking care of talent based on work ethic & especially what kind of spots the guys do. Based on the matches I've seen from here & the clips of last night - guys are killing themselves to perform here. Which means they want to be brought back. Everyone wants on these shows... 13 matches is evidence of that. You can also look at it as maybe the wrestlers see this as a group where the well will run dry very soon and they want a piece before it happens. Time will tell with this group but they are certainly getting quite the buzz amongst fans & wrestlers right now.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

User avatar
ErinQuinn
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by ErinQuinn » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Announced for next month is KES vs GOD, give his GOD has improved I'm looking forward to this and like the subtle Suzuki-gun vs Bullet Club feud they're doing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
ErinQuinn
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by ErinQuinn » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:38 pm

Just cried a little because it could have been Pentagon Jr vs Elgin if they had booked last night different


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply