Chris Hero's 2016 body of work

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Buzz Sawyer

Re: Chris Hero's 2016 body of work

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:18 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Buzz Sawyer wrote:
supersonic wrote:In 2 months, anyone wanna pick up the task of listing EVERY Hero match from this year that is arguably ****+?
Uh oh, more of that silly practice of rating Rasslin' matches again. :roll:
Whether you like star ratings or not, people use it as a guide for what to rewatch. That's why people do them and why people rate them. It's cataloging and sorting more than anything.

Would you be as mad and eye-roll if people used "Good, very good and great" as a way to recommend matches to one another?
Why can't people just watch a match for the enjoyment of it?
Who's Rob Viper ?

soup23

Post by soup23 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Buzz Sawyer wrote:
Whether you like star ratings or not, people use it as a guide for what to rewatch. That's why people do them and why people rate them. It's cataloging and sorting more than anything.

Would you be as mad and eye-roll if people used "Good, very good and great" as a way to recommend matches to one another?
You can. Star ratings are an easy, quantifiable way for me to compartmentalize my feelings on a match. I am a lists guy. If you just want to watch a match and the conclusion is simply I liked it or I didn't then fair enough. I feel like the non-star rating guys try to portray the ones that do ratings as these authoritative figures that force others to accept their rankings.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Buzz Sawyer wrote:

Because time is finite. If I only have a few hours a day to watch wrestling it's nice to know people whose opinions I respect enjoyed a match enough to rate it highly.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:55 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Buzz Sawyer wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:

Because time is finite. If I only have a few hours a day to watch wrestling it's nice to know people whose opinions I respect enjoyed a match enough to rate it highly.
I'm immortal, so I don't worry about time.
Who's Rob Viper ?