Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
DXvsNWO

Re: Ring Of Honor 2015

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:27 am

rovert wrote:Women of Honor is almost a running joke in terms of it's off and on nature. But expect this to be pretty decent relative to their experience levels. Deonna will likely end doing fairly big things in Wrestling. Has the absolute right attitude:

Sorry 7/25 in Baltimore.
I remember being really impressed by Mandy Leon in her match at the first Future of Honor show against Jenny Rose. For it being her first official match, she was actually pretty solid.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:22 am

DXvsNWO wrote:
rovert wrote:Women of Honor is almost a running joke in terms of it's off and on nature. But expect this to be pretty decent relative to their experience levels. Deonna will likely end doing fairly big things in Wrestling. Has the absolute right attitude:

Sorry 7/25 in Baltimore.
I remember being really impressed by Mandy Leon in her match at the first Future of Honor show against Jenny Rose. For it being her first official match, she was actually pretty solid.
Good to know I'm not the only one. I also found Mandy's match quite good considering her experience level.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:44 am

Yeah Mandy is pretty decent. Her look possibly betrays her expectations wise. Mandy put up a video of them wrestling each other three weeks ago. It is a Wrestling school match but a good one. Deonna has a look/tryout with WWE tonight Newark, New Jersey. She's had like 20 of these with the last year. Sometimes that's a bad sign but it is WWE who keeps inviting her whenever they run anywhere close to her. Her previous WWE look/tryout was last week for example:

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:13 am

Mandy Leon is so attractive that it annoys me.

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:46 pm

In this climate of wanting girls that can work you've got to figure wwe will snatch her up asap.

WWE has it's crosshairs aimed directly at ROH based on the cryptic messages Dave Meltzer's been writing lately. Does anyone have any theories on what this is? Or are the possibilities so wild it'd be silly to even speculate?

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:53 pm

AndyItwaru wrote:WWE has it's crosshairs aimed directly at ROH based on the cryptic messages Dave Meltzer's been writing lately. Does anyone have any theories on what this is? Or are the possibilities so wild it'd be silly to even speculate?
Think 80's WWF and pretty much all possibilities are seemingly happening.

William Regal is genuinely telling the truth there's no real relationship between WWE and New Japan. ROH is paranoid that there is and are trying to find one in doing so may be taking time away from areas of vulnerabilities - relationships with stakesholders, talent contracts etc.
Last edited by rovert on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:59 pm

rovert wrote:
AndyItwaru wrote:WWE has it's crosshairs aimed directly at ROH based on the cryptic messages Dave Meltzer's been writing lately. Does anyone have any theories on what this is? Or are the possibilities so wild it'd be silly to even speculate?
Think 80's WWF and pretty much all possibilities are seemingly happening.

William Regal is genuinely telling the truth there's no relationship between WWE and New Japan. ROH is paranoid that there is and are trying to find one in doing so may be taking time away from areas of vulnerabilities - relationships with stakesholders, talent contracts etc.
Man if I was ROH right now I would be paranoid, hopefully they wont let that get in the way of day to day management of business. I dont want to say ROH has been on cruise control lately, but I think that the days of thinking that the WWE is over here doing them and we're doing us is over. They need to get their stuff together and in my opinion hot shot a little (Im not saying wcw late 1999 2000 levels) because they've got a goliath breathing down their back and I'm sure Hunter (big nose not masked) will jump at the chance to cosplay his version of 80s expansion era Vince McMahon even if it is on a smaller level.

Although if the story is that WWE has a stake in, or even outright owns ROH then this is all a moot point.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:35 pm

WWE doesn't have a stake in ROH. It is hard to hotshot and be creative if WWE is going to sign away your better talent.

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:26 pm

rovert wrote:WWE doesn't have a stake in ROH. It is hard to hotshot and be creative if WWE is going to sign away your better talent.
I agree, that's why I think they should be focused on wwe rejects and older (or seasoned if that term offends) talents. At least on top.

I don't want to be a henny penny sky is falling type, but I don't think it's that unreasonable that sinclair would be willing to sell off ROH if the money was enough to consider the deal a return on their investment. With Sinlair seeming to be okay with half assing so many aspects of production costs and what not it wouldnt surprise me if they bought the thing in the first place to try and pawn it off later.

Hollaplaya

Post by Hollaplaya » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:53 pm

If they're about to lose talent to WWE then that's bad news for them. I think the problem with ROH for awhile has been that they are actually similar to WWE in relying on outsiders. Relying on New Japan names and returns of former stars who defected to WWE or TNA has been their version of WWE relying on aging part timers. How much have they developed beyond all these outsiders? What have they done to get people tonthe level of someone like Punk, Joe, Bryan, Steen, The Briscoes, etc? They need to step it up with their television show cause quite honestly it's not that interesting and that's why they are not outdrawing Impact in the same channel.

Plus, they don't seem to have the same eye for new talent like Evolve, PWG or CZW.

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:38 pm

Hollaplaya wrote:If they're about to lose talent to WWE then that's bad news for them. I think the problem with ROH for awhile has been that they are actually similar to WWE in relying on outsiders. Relying on New Japan names and returns of former stars who defected to WWE or TNA has been their version of WWE relying on aging part timers. How much have they developed beyond all these outsiders? What have they done to get people tonthe level of someone like Punk, Joe, Bryan, Steen, The Briscoes, etc? They need to step it up with their television show cause quite honestly it's not that interesting and that's why they are not outdrawing Impact in the same channel.

Plus, they don't seem to have the same eye for new talent like Evolve, PWG or CZW.
Evolve and PWG have done a great job scouting talent, czw i dont follow so I cant call that one. Its a shame that those companies are pretty much at the level that they're at. It's a shame that the companies that probably wont show much growth develop and cultivate the best talent, and the outlets that do seem to squander or at best kind of get over.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:53 pm

They should put the belt on Watanabe if they want to strengthen/fortify their relationship with New Japan. Or just simply book Watanabe more than every blue moon.

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Lord knows someone should do something with Watanabe he's just sitting around getting fat

AdamAFL

Post by AdamAFL » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:56 pm

rovert wrote:They should put the belt on Watanabe if they want to strengthen/fortify their relationship with New Japan. Or just simply book Watanabe more than every blue moon.
There's no way I'd put the belt on him but I don't know where Watanabe (I had heard he worked some shows in Mexico, don't know if that's correct or not) was between his last ROH appearances in 2014 and his first in 2015 but the guy had seriously improved. I groaned when I saw him on the War of the Worlds cards but he actually put in some really solid performances. Hope he'll come back and work some more shows now.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:06 pm

He should at the very least be on every show. If Will Ferrara and BJ Whitmer are getting on every show then why not a guy like Watanabe who could be the make or break of their excursion.