Post by monster mafia » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Jonathan Gresham! yes!

DXvsNWO

Re: Ring Of Honor

Post by DXvsNWO » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:26 pm

Dragon Saga

Post by Dragon Saga » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Joe Koff is currently featured on Sports Illustrated talking about ROH. He touches on a lot of topics, more than recommend everyone with an interest in ROH give it a read. Some highlights to me include:

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/03 ... -interview
We need to have an app and more TV,” revealed Koff, whose group enjoyed a brief stint on national cable by airing on Destination America from June to November in 2015. “We’re seen pretty much everywhere [syndicated], but I would like to have an in-pattern time that is seen everywhere at the same time across the nation. We’re not consistent in the way we were on Destination America. We’re consistent on Comet, if you can find it, which is getting more visible–we’re on every Wednesday at the same time.

“My goal is to get to a more nationally distributed show again like we had on Destination America. That was a good show and a good time, and I liked having that consistency.”
“We’re very methodical in our growth,’ said Koff. “I have an amazing business team. My general manager, Greg Gilleland, is instrumental in our business growth. I’m also proud that no one knew we were buying Ring of Honor until it was announced, and that’s, again, because we’re not in the wrestling business–we’re in business that happens to be wrestling. We have very, very concrete strategies that we will deploy and employ. They won’t be [publicly] spoken–they’ll happen and it will be felt.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:15 pm

SUPERCARD of HONOR, NIGHT ONE
Friday, April 1, 2016, 7:30 PM CST Bell Time
Hyatt Regency Dallas Landmark Ballroom
300 Reunion Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75207

STARS SIGNED TO APPEAR
ROH WORLD CHAMPION JAY LETHAL W/ TAELER HENDRIX
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS WAR MACHINE (RAY ROWE & HANSON)
MATT SYDAL
THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN)
ADAM COLE
ACH
RODERICK STRONG
MOOSE W/STOKELY HATHAWAY
reDRagon
JAY & MARK BRISCOE
ALL NIGHT EXPRESS (RHETT TITUS & KENNY KING)
SILAS YOUNG & BEER CITY BRUISER
ADAM PAGE
DALTON CASTLE W/ THE BOYS
CHEESEBURGER

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/scoh-1 ... s-vs-bucks

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:50 pm

Very excited for MCMG vs. The Young Bucks! Should be a lot of fun!

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:33 am

Night 2 Main Event

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:26 am

Observer:
There is a lot of talk about changes in the power structure when it comes to booking. I’m not sure why as Hunter Johnston (Delirious) is still the guy in charge of creative and those rumored to be part of the new committee, Christopher Daniels, B.J. Whitmer and Kevin Kelly, are in the case of the former two, agents as well as performers, while Kelly also contributes ideas, but the ideas are still to be pitched to Johnston. Truth Martini and ref Todd Sinclair probably also belong in that category. Daniels may be more influential now but several have said the structure isn’t any different and has been this way for more than a year in some cases

For the May tour and the Chicago PPV they are bringing in the same crew from New Japan as last week, with Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii and Kushida. The announced shows on a 5/8 PPV from Chicago (this is a Sunday PPV instead of Friday night as they have been doing), 5/9 in Dearborn, MI, 5/11 in Toronto and 5/14 in New York. It is possible that one more date will be added

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:12 pm

monster mafia wrote:Night 2 Main Event

This should be GREAT!!

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Tiny tidbit from me: What is the difference between no holds barred and fight without honor? Why not bill Kyle vs Cole as that? Are they saving that for down the road?

phenom951

Post by phenom951 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:05 pm

PKThree wrote:Tiny tidbit from me: What is the difference between no holds barred and fight without honor? Why not bill Kyle vs Cole as that? Are they saving that for down the road?
There really is no difference. No DQ, FWO, No Holds Barred, Extreme Rules are all in hindsight the same exact stipulation. Anything goes with a pin/sub inside the ring. I'm guessing it's just a way for them to extend the feud for much longer and end the feud with the FWO stip. It's better for marketing to the ROH fans. I guess you can say the difference is a FWO is usually the blow off to a feud.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:13 pm

So it's been confirmed that both ROH events in Dallas will be VOD shows, meaning Saturday's show is no longer a TV Taping.

A few more things...

PKThree wrote:Tiny tidbit from me: What is the difference between no holds barred and fight without honor? Why not bill Kyle vs Cole as that? Are they saving that for down the road?
The only real reason I can come up with is that a Fight Without Honor is a definitive feud ender, and perhaps this feud is continuing beyond this particular match.

sternness

Post by sternness » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:40 pm

So they didn't fix the head sculpt and Elgin still looks like Bobby Roode. Contemplating buying the ROH ring regardless but that price point is rough. I could order one of the new WWE rings that's the same size with a WCW ring mat/ring skirt for probably around what it would cost after shipping from WSS.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:51 pm

Added to Night 1:

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:03 am

This Saturday in Philly

Signed to appear are Dalton Castle and the All Night Express

Will Ferrara vs. Joey Daddiego

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Oh well, looks like I'm eating 2 tickets for Philly. Can't go, not feeling well.
Who's Rob Viper ?