Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
dancecab

Re: Ring Of Honor

Post by dancecab » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Really looking forward to tonight's show. A lot of interesting match ups. Would not be surprised if reDRagon has some gold by the end of the night. Currently wearing my Rain Maker shirt in anticipation.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Autograph signing info for this weekend:
This weekend Ring of Honor returns to LAS VEGAS for it’s 14th Anniversary weekend!

We will present a special meet and greet autograph session featuring the stars of ROH and New Japan Pro-Wrestling each day at 4:30pm.

Below is the list of ROH & NJPW stars appearing, as well as our pricing options to ensure you get autographs with everyone!

Friday, February 26th - 14th Anniversary Pay Per View
ROH WORLD CHAMPION JAY LETHAL
ROH WORLD TV CHAMPION TOMOHIRO ISHII
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION KAZUCHIKA OKADA
IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION "THE CLEANER" KENNY OMEGA
HIROSHI TANAHASHI
IWGP JR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION KUSHIDA
GEDO
HIROOKI GOTO
FORMER WORLD TV & WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION MATT TAVEN
DALTON CASTLE
MICHAEL ELGIN

Saturday, February 27th - National TV Taping
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION KAZUCHIKA OKADA
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS WAR MACHINE
ROH WORLD TV CHAMPION TOMOHIRO ISHII
IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION "THE CLEANER" KENNY OMEGA
HIROSHI TANAHASHI
IWGP JR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION KUSHIDA
GEDO
HIROOKI GOTO
THE YOUNG BUCKS
reDRagon

PRICING IS AS FOLLOWS
Singles Wrestlers - $20 (1) Personal item or 8x10 (ROH supplied) signed & (1) Posed Photo

Tag Teams - $30 (1) Personal item or 8x10 (ROH supplied) signed & (1) Posed Photo

Cash & all major credit cards are accepted.
Interesting to note that Matt Taven is going to be there.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:56 am

Here's the setup for tonight:

Also....

cpgoat3

Post by cpgoat3 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:19 am

Poor Silas, he deserves better in ROH.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:07 am

I thought the show was pretty good, but it wasn't great. The Six-Man Tag gets an easy ****1/2 from me, but I don't think anything else on the card cracked the **** mark, in my eyes. The crowd came alive at certain points, but it was DEAD for others (different reasons depending on what match you're talking about).

Very intrigued to see where Lethal goes from here. I had the feeling going in that Cole was taking the title only to lose it to O'Reilly at Global Wars or Best In The World, but O'Reilly did't get pinned here, so I guess that still leaves the door open for another Lethal/O'Reilly ROH World Title Match in the future (I think Lethal will definitely be losing the title to O'Reilly at some point).

In hindsight, I'm glad I went with watching the PPV on ROH's website over the FITETV app, which I heard had a number of issues tonight. If I was home, and not at college, I would have definitely watched this show on my PS4, which I think is the best way (and the cheapest, at $27) to watch ROH PPV's right now.

sternness

Post by sternness » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:26 am

I thought the show was fine. I did nod off and miss basically the entire main event live (woke up for the finish) but I rewatched it on DVR this morning and it wasn't bad or anything. Lethal's finisher is the worst, though.

Thrillhouse90

Post by Thrillhouse90 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:36 am

I can't stand Rhett Titus

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Lethal is a very good promo guy also. He's a promo he did in Vegas at a news station hyping up the shows.
http://news3lv.com/news/videos/ring-of- ... -las-vegas
Who's Rob Viper ?

Frank Olson

Post by Frank Olson » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:11 pm

Caught up with the 14th anniversary show on ippv and thought it was just okay (really not worth the $35 that I paid for it). Everything on the show was at least fundamentally sound (even the boring Whitmer/Page match) but it just seemed like there was a weird lack of fire from both the wrestlers and the crowd throughout the night. The only match that everybody really came alive for was the very fun 6-man tag.

I know that everybody was complaining about the originally announced Ishii/Goto match being a waste, but if they'd gone through with that match there's no question in my mind that it would have been the best thing on the show.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:37 pm

Meltzer liked the show live, but to your point about the lack of fire, he mentioned how the crowd just wanted to see the stars and didn't care about who won, which is a problem long term.

Frank Olson

Post by Frank Olson » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:19 pm

ODonnell wrote:Meltzer liked the show live, but to your point about the lack of fire, he mentioned how the crowd just wanted to see the stars and didn't care about who won, which is a problem long term.
I like ROH's product overall but I think that they do have some of the same booking issues that people complain about with WWE - 50/50 booking for the midcard, over reliance on part timers (stars of the Attitude Era in WWE's case, New Japan guys in ROH's case), abandoning or never properly developing angles after they start (for example the whole KRD thing which never really went anywhere), etc.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:22 pm

ROH is worth supporting but no longer has anything truly unique to distinguish it from the rest of the industry. In addition, ROH in recent years has failed to grab the top Observer awards such as Match, Show, Feud, Booker, Outstanding, High-Flyer, etc.

I refuse to believe that kicking up a notch aesthetically to steal the thunder of NXT, PWG, NJPW, and LU will in any way become a detriment to ROH's business metrics.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:41 pm

This "prospect" tourney continues to underwhelm. Outside Kincade/Rush, I think it all has been very rough. These guys are having regular Indy matches out there. Back in the day, wrestling in an ROH ring was huge for someone on the come up. It usually reflected in their effort. Not really happening lately.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:50 am

I feel like this show was a good reflection of the flip side of the New Japan relationship. To keep the New Japan guys strong, they sacrificed a decent amount of their prospects. Now, I don't think Moose should beat Okada, but why couldn't Castle have beaten Goto? I know he had a TV match with Lethal yesterday, but given his storyline, does he really need that now? Castle getting that win would have helped him more than Goto and realistically, ROH should have been able to get one win. Instead, not a single New Japan native lost.

The six man was great. Plenty of good stuff throughout and it was an enjoyable enough show.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:13 am

I feel like this show was a good reflection of the flip side of the New Japan relationship. To keep the New Japan guys strong, they sacrificed a decent amount of their prospects. Now, I don't think Moose should beat Okada, but why couldn't Castle have beaten Goto? I know he had a TV match with Lethal yesterday, but given his storyline, does he really need that now? Castle getting that win would have helped him more than Goto and realistically, ROH should have been able to get one win. Instead, not a single New Japan native lost.

The six man was great. Plenty of good stuff throughout and it was an enjoyable enough show.