Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
dancecab

Re: Ring Of Honor

Post by dancecab » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:54 pm

I think half the issue was how over ACH was getting at the time. ACH seemed to be put more in the spotlight after Best in the World instead of Cedric and I can kinda see why. ACH has a bit more personality and charisma. Don't get me wrong Cedric is great but ACH is just naturally likeable for the audience. I'd say if anyone they dropped the ball on it was ACH last year. IT seems he was destined for a big 2015 after 13th Anniversary.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:14 pm

dancecab wrote:I think half the issue was how over ACH was getting at the time. ACH seemed to be put more in the spotlight after Best in the World instead of Cedric and I can kinda see why. ACH has a bit more personality and charisma. Don't get me wrong Cedric is great but ACH is just naturally likeable for the audience. I'd say if anyone they dropped the ball on it was ACH last year. IT seems he was destined for a big 2015 after 13th Anniversary.
I guess ROH doesn't want more then 1 black guy over at a time? If this was the "E", people would be asking the NAACP to go after Vince's head.
Who's Rob Viper ?

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Castle vs. Goto = Blah.
Who's Rob Viper ?

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:43 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:
dancecab wrote:I think half the issue was how over ACH was getting at the time. ACH seemed to be put more in the spotlight after Best in the World instead of Cedric and I can kinda see why. ACH has a bit more personality and charisma. Don't get me wrong Cedric is great but ACH is just naturally likeable for the audience. I'd say if anyone they dropped the ball on it was ACH last year. IT seems he was destined for a big 2015 after 13th Anniversary.
I guess ROH doesn't want more then 1 black guy over at a time? If this was the "E", people would be asking the NAACP to go after Vince's head.
It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with establishing stars. They seem to have this idea of only establishing one younger star at time. I don't think it's intentional but history has shown this. Right now Kyle O'Reilly is that dude.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:29 am

Announced for the TV Tapings on Saturday:

Hollaplaya

Post by Hollaplaya » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:56 am

It will be interesting to see how Cedric Alexander is used on upcoming shows. That will give us the indication on what ROH thinks about him doing the WWE tryout and what WWE's decision will be with him.

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:36 pm

ACH has a FANTASTIC match with Lethal at those same Philadelphia tapings - so good that it made my VOW MOTY list for that year and placed well. He had the match with Lethal not many have seen either from Texas previous to that. So I have always been waiting for the Lethal/ACH title match that would be big, but never really came to fruition. At least not yet anyway.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:58 pm

Added to the TV Tapings on Saturday:

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:29 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:Added to the TV Tapings on Saturday:

So, ROH from the Anniversary show on is going to be pretty damn awesome.

sternness

Post by sternness » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:46 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:Announced for the TV Tapings on Saturday:

Gotta love how they used Google Translate for Goto's name instead of, you know, getting it from the New Japan website.

EDIT: Took me like four seconds to find it.

後藤 洋央紀

Why have the translated names on the graphics if you're not going to do them properly, or in the case of KUSHIDA, why do it at all since his name is always displayed in romaji?

wac

Post by wac » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:
Jay Lethal and Moose might have something to say about that

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:13 pm

wac wrote:
Buzz Sawyer wrote:
And the top black guy in wrestling. Cheeseburger

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:24 pm

Mike wrote:

ACH has a FANTASTIC match with Lethal at those same Philadelphia tapings - so good that it made my VOW MOTY list for that year and placed well. He had the match with Lethal not many have seen either from Texas previous to that. So I have always been waiting for the Lethal/ACH title match that would be big, but never really came to fruition. At least not yet anyway.
I think they will do it eventually. They just seem to be focusing on making him and Sydal a legitimate tag team with reDRagon giving more singles pushes. I think it does help he signed a contract with them.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:04 pm

wac wrote:
Buzz Sawyer wrote:
Moose isn't over on his own, it's due to the fact that ROH is shoving his bum down everyone's throat. Within a few months I think he will have the dreaded "X-Pac" heat.
Who's Rob Viper ?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:44 am