Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Mike

Re: Ring Of Honor

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:46 pm

rovert wrote:There's been a lot of talk this week about ROH TV likely expanding to two hours when they move to the rebranded Tennis Channel. If that happens Delirious will have to become a lot more organised. The last TV taping in Nashville dragged on and on to the frustration of a lot of the talent. As I said in the past Delirious's job is probably safe but the case for his removal or change is developing.
I had a friend who was there say it was the worst ROH show he's been to. Those Nashville TV tapings start today/tonight on SBG affiliates.

I've had plenty of people, both fans and wrestlers, say how much they hate the four episode TV tapings. Three would be much tighter. I've sat through those four-five hour TV tapings and they are no fun after the second show. There was an AJ/Elgin match that went to a 30 minute draw at the end of one and it was such a terrible idea to do that.

The rebranded Tennis Channel is something I'm interested in seeing the development on with SBG buying it. It's on my Comcast HD right in the thick of all the other sport channels so it's a good spot to be in.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:30 am

Caching up on the most recent episode. Does Veda Scott only proposition other black wrestlers? Like is that a legitimate storyline ROH has going?

Dragon Saga

Post by Dragon Saga » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:33 pm

DETROIT_KEJB wrote:Caching up on the most recent episode. Does Veda Scott only proposition other black wrestlers? Like is that a legitimate storyline ROH has going?
Ah, no... in-fact ROH is a promotion that actually doesn't seem to define their performers by the color of their skins with hillbilly, racially directed gimmicks like WWE or TNA does. Well at least not since like, Special K. ROH wouldn't be dumb enough to refer to Jay Lethal as "the first black ROH World Champion", he's just another World Champion in a long list of others.

sternness

Post by sternness » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:57 pm

Has there been any word on if there's going to be a ROH TV Title match on this Friday's PPV?

Headliner5

Post by Headliner5 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:47 pm

sternness wrote:Has there been any word on if there's going to be a ROH TV Title match on this Friday's PPV?
Well considering that Ishii is now the champion, what are the odds that his match with Goto becomes a TV title match? Seems like an easy enough fix but I don't know if they would do it. I still think having Goto face Ishii on an ROH card is weird when they could face each other in New Japan any other time.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Mystery opponent for Hirooki Goto. I'd expect Frankie Kazarian. Hoping for Paul London reconciliation since it's in the Southwest.

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:40 pm

This card for Friday is going to be hot as shit. Hopefully a lively crowd for it too. Maybe Goto vs. Cedric or Goto vs. Cheeseburger?

ROH World Championship: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly
ROH World Tag Team Championship/NO DQ: War Machine (c) vs. All Night Express
ROH World Television Championship: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Fish
Matt + Nick Jackson/Kenny Omega vs. KUSHIDA/ACH/Sydal
Jay + Mark Briscoe vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi/Michael Elgin
Kazuchika Okada vs. Moose
BJ Whitmer vs. Adam Page
Alex Shelley vs. Christopher Daniels
Hirooki Goto vs. TBD

SIGNED TO APPEAR-
Dalton Castle
Silas Young
Cheeseburger
Cedric Alexander

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:59 pm

I don't mind the changes. Sure, it puts two Triple Threat Matches on the card, but at least Ishii vs. Strong vs. Fish is something different. As far as who Goto will face, I think Castle, Alexander, & Young are all solid choices.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Trios match on Friday confirmed as a Never Openweight Six Man Championship defense for the Elite.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:30 am

I'm hoping for Goto v Alexander. I think it could be a super-fun matchup.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:14 am

Goto vs Castle confirmed

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:58 pm

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:08 pm

I'm really excitied about this show now. The only match that I can do without is Whitmar Vs. Page but that's cause I'm sooo over Whitmar. He is EVERYWHERE on the tv and i'm not the biggest fan of the guy to begin with. He needs to go away for a minute.

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:18 pm

The way this company books Cedric, I don't blame him if he bails.

2014 he had the match w Elgin in Philadelphia at the Armory that was for TV and man did he come off as a guy who was going to have a big year. 2015 he wrestles Okada and gives Moose his first loss, but he just kinda floated around. For a guy who I thought would be the breakout in 2015, he ended up not even wrestling at Final Battle.

I also think Veda is not helping. I just don't get her appeal and think she kills heat for anyone she manages.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:55 pm

Mike wrote:The way this company books Cedric, I don't blame him if he bails.

2014 he had the match w Elgin in Philadelphia at the Armory that was for TV and man did he come off as a guy who was going to have a big year. 2015 he wrestles Okada and gives Moose his first loss, but he just kinda floated around. For a guy who I thought would be the breakout in 2015, he ended up not even wrestling at Final Battle.

I also think Veda is not helping. I just don't get her appeal and think she kills heat for anyone she manages.
Actually I know a lot people who were really down/disappointed with that Elgin/Alexander World Title Match in Philly (They had a match earlier that year at Flyin' High that was significantly better).

It's amazing how Cedric Alexander had his big feud for the first six months of 2014, culminating in him beating Roderick Strong, with the Strong Hold, at Best In The World 2014, and then did absolutely nothing for almost a year. He had something over the summer of last year with the match against Okada and the feud with Moose, but then he's once again doing absolutely nothing. They really dropped the ball with him after that first PPV.