Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

Re: Ring Of Honor

Post by rovert » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:40 pm

Very hard to make three matches that will be decent out of that line up. So shit.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:46 am

http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/roh ... rns-205991

Meltzer:
ROH talent was told tonight that Friday night's show in Fletcher, NC, just outside of Asheville, was being canceled due to concerns regarding the weather.

The show was to be headlined by The Bullet Club of Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson & The Young Bucks facing the Champions, Jay Lethal & Roderick Strong & War Machine. Because Gallows & Anderson's final match with the promotion is Saturday night in suburban Atlanta, it looks like they won't be able to make up that match.

The lone show this weekend will be the Saturday night show featuring the farewell of A.J. Styles to the promotion.

As reported earlier this month, Styles, Gallows and Anderson are headed to WWE.

For more and this and the rest of today's news Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio later tonight!

AlkalineKrogan

Post by AlkalineKrogan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:51 am

Man, Sumie Sakai has been around forever! She should have the Don Fujii's dicky veteran role in this division.

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:05 pm

I think it's because of low ticket sales, but cancelling a show so close to the day of the show, eh, what the hell do I know. Maybe it is the snow. We're supposed to get hammered in Philadelphia, and the Carolinas always get hit worse then we do, so I can see it.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:05 pm

Sissies. The boys during the territory days would've walked up hill both ways to make a booking.
Who's Rob Viper ?

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:05 pm

As if this crowd wouldn't already be dead for that 4th hour, now they added a whole WOH taping too?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Mike wrote:I think it's because of low ticket sales, but cancelling a show so close to the day of the show, eh, what the hell do I know. Maybe it is the snow. We're supposed to get hammered in Philadelphia, and the Carolinas always get hit worse then we do, so I can see it.
I think they still would have done the show even if ticket sales were on the lower side, but add on the bad weather, and this show's fate was sealed.

I recall that back on Sunday/Monday the forecast has most of PA getting blasted with the worst of it (I know here at Penn State, as well as my hometown a few hours away, were forecast to get at least a foot), but the forecast shifted over the week and moved everything further south. Now I'm barely getting any snow. Right now Asheville has a Winter Storm Warning until Sunday, so there's really no reason to take any chances (especially since that's in amongst the mountains, where conditions during storms like this are usually the worst).

My only hope is that they can do some of these matches on other cards. The Briscoes vs. Shelley & Sydal is one I hope they still plan on doing down the line for sure.

Tom Bobo

Post by Tom Bobo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:09 pm

ROH should boot the advertised card for the Georgia show too and bust out "Unscripted 2016" - nothing currently booked has any real ties to the build towards the Anniversary show, save for the likely big defining title defense to date for War Machine vs. Doc & Machine Gun.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:43 pm

Amber Gallows vs. Veda Scott, which was originally scheduled for Asheville, has now been moved to Saturday's show in Atlanta.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:26 pm

Couple of ROH bits.

Last night's Atlanta show was good. The main and six-man tags were the highlights, easy. Interesting that Elgin ate the pin following all the finishers.

Watched last week's ROH this morning. I am incredibly liberal with stars, so YMMV, but the Philly Street Fight was an easy five-star affair and MOTYC for me. Loved every second of it.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

alliedoll

Post by alliedoll » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:49 pm

I've done a detailed review of last night's Atlanta show if anyone is interested. http://wrestlingfangirl.blogspot.com/20 ... 12316.html

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:04 pm

So THIS match is happening in Nashville in two weeks...

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:50 pm

The Main Event for the 14th Anniversary PPV has been officially announced:

Planet

Post by Planet » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Seems like another match set to protect Lethal while moving forward with Cole/O'Reilly. But I would think that their most recent would be their last, maybe setting up for Cole/O'Reilly at Best in the World for the title?

JFC3400

Post by JFC3400 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:56 am

I think (depending on contract situations) that Cole is winning. I believe he's signed through the end of the year. He was supposed to win the title at Final Battle '14 before the injury, so they likely want to give him another run with the title. Kyle takes the fall...maybe they do a Cole/Lethal match at BITW and keep O'Reilly & Cole away from each other. Then they build up to a Fight Without Honor for the title at Final Battle where O'Reilly finally beats Cole...possibly in his send off match.

My pitch to O'Reilly would have been to sign for 2 years with the goal of giving him the title at the end of this year.