Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
TGD287

Re: Ring Of Honor

Post by TGD287 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Odds are, it's just ROH web editors being lazy. But, it seems interesting that none of the pages for War of the Worlds (tweets, ROHWrestling page, Facebook) mentions Chicago Ridge specifically. I get it's easier to tell an international audience that it's in "Chicago", but even so, there's no venue listed.

Maybe the note about the Frontier Fieldhouse "being booked till the fall" also ended up effecting ROH.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Cole vs. Richards could be a really good and entertaining match-up. Richards vs. Strong was really good also.
Who's Rob Viper ?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Dragon Saga

Post by Dragon Saga » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:13 pm

Someone can correct me on this but I swear, maybe it was Meltzer or maybe even Kevin Kelly on his podcast, but someone said they were moving out of certain venues due to those venues not being able to support the lighting rig they bought. Can the Fieldhouse support a rig? Its also a venue that needs a lot of curtaining off.

Greg isn't gonna keep investin' in curtain and drape!

Headliner5

Post by Headliner5 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:28 am

I went to the ROH 13th Anniversary show in Vegas last year and really enjoyed it and I wanted to go to the 14th Anniversary to see Nakamura but I couldn't make it. so I'm a bit happy that I didn't buy a ticket for this to then happen. It still sucks that we wont get the Nakamura vs. Castle match that was apparently slated to happen. It wouldn't have been a five star classic by any means but it would have been a great match to see either live or on pay per view to see how they interacted with one another.

I'm also wondering if WWE decides to go after anyone else that may or may not affect ROH and their upcoming 14th anniversary but I guess we will see. Both ROH and mainly New Japan are kind of in a bad place now because of what WWE is doing and it totally sucks.

Dragon Saga

Post by Dragon Saga » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:42 am

I don't think its bad at all. It forces ROH and New Japan, two promotions that both have issues creating stars, to do it.

Their both similar in how they recruit and build. New Japan does a better job because of the excursion system but ROH's method of using guys as underdogs on TV just doesn't. Will Ferrara for example should not be on ROH TV, unless he's jobbing for someone else. Keep him on house shows and in dark matches.

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:03 am

Here's everything for the next two weeks since they announce everything all over the place.

What method do you like? Do you like matches announced all at once? Do you like a daily match announcement to spread it out? Announce a few matches and the rest, show up live and find out?

Friday, 1/15 in Indianapolis
----
8-MAN TAG TEAM SHOWDOWN
Jay + Mark Briscoe/War Machine vs. Matt + Nick Jackson/Rhett Titus/Kenny King
ROH World Television Championship: Roderick Strong (c) vs. Curry Man
Alex Shelley vs. Adam Cole
Frankie Kazarian/Chris Sabin vs. reDRagon
Moose vs. Silas Young
Dalton Castle vs. Will Ferrara
Michael Elgin vs. TBD
Adam Page vs. TBD

Saturday, 1/16 in Collinsville, IL
----
Matt + Nick Jackson vs. ACH/Alex Shelley
Jay + Mark Briscoe vs. Silas Young/Beer City Bruiser
Non-title: War Machine vs. Chris Sabin/Frankie Kazarian
ROH World Television Championship: Roderick Strong (c) vs. ???
Moose vs. Adam Cole
Delirious vs. Dalton Castle
Michael Elgin vs. Adam Page
reDRagon vs. All Night Express

Friday 1/22 in Fletcher, NC
----
Matt + Nick Jackson/Karl Anderson/Doc Gallows vs. Jay Lethal/Roderick Strong/War Machine
Jay + Mark Briscoe vs. Alex Shelley/Matt Sydal
Adam Cole vs. ACH
Veda Scott vs. Amber Gallows

plus:
Cedric Alexander
Dalton Castle w/The Boys
Caprice Coleman
Michael Elgin
Kyle O’Reilly
Bobby Fish
Frankie Kazarian
Kenny King
Adam Page
Rhett Titus
Silas Young

Saturday 1/23 in Atlanta, GA
----
ROH World Championship: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Matt Jackson
ROH World Television Championship: Roderick Strong (c) vs. Nick Jackson
ROH World Tag Team Championship: War Machine (c) vs. Karl Anderson/Doc Gallows
Adam Cole vs. Stevie Richards
Moose/Cheeseburger vs. Rhett Titus/Kenny King
Dalton Castle vs. Corey Hollis
Six Man Mayhem: Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Page vs. Silas Young vs. Caprice Coleman vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Will Ferrara
Mark Briscoe vs. Cedric Alexander

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:09 am

Mike wrote:Here's everything for the next two weeks since they announce everything all over the place.

What method do you like? Do you like matches announced all at once? Do you like a daily match announcement to spread it out? Announce a few matches and the rest, show up live and find out?
I like the daily match announcements. I think ROH made a huge mistake back in 2014 when they announced the cards from Global Wars & War of the Worlds all at once, as it caused a big uproar. Last year, when they made match announcements for the joint shows with NJPW one at a time, it worked out MUCH better.

As far as the upcoming cards are concerned, I think there's something to look forward to on all of these shows. Obviously we don't have the full card for the show on 1/22 in North Carolina, but I think each one of these cards has the potential to produce a number of quality matches (and I expect each one will have at least one or two great matches).

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:25 am

The Fray Movement wrote:Good lord that Atlanta card is stacked.
Just like last year. They really love Atlanta.

sternness

Post by sternness » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:52 am

DXvsNWO wrote:I like the daily match announcements. I think ROH made a huge mistake back in 2014 when they announced the cards from Global Wars & War of the Worlds all at once, as it caused a big uproar. Last year, when they made match announcements for the joint shows with NJPW one at a time, it worked out MUCH better.
Zero chance that it worked out better because the cards last year were way better than the years before. Nah, it's just because of how they announced them.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:28 pm

I was under the assumption that both years sold out completely, so what's even the problem here?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:06 pm

sternness wrote:
DXvsNWO wrote:I like the daily match announcements. I think ROH made a huge mistake back in 2014 when they announced the cards from Global Wars & War of the Worlds all at once, as it caused a big uproar. Last year, when they made match announcements for the joint shows with NJPW one at a time, it worked out MUCH better.
Zero chance that it worked out better because the cards last year were way better than the years before. Nah, it's just because of how they announced them.
What I'm saying is that the initial reaction to the cards of Global Wars & War of the Worlds in 2014 was bad because there were a lot of people upset over the Toronto show having no ROH vs. NJPW matches and people going mental over Bennett vs. Tanahashi. It worked out MUCH better in 2015 because each match was announced one at a time. My post had nothing to do with ticket sales or anything else. I was specifically talking about the reactions when the cards were released both years. Putting matches out there one at a time is much better than throwing the cards up (especially for big shows like the ROH/NJPW crossover events) on the website all at once.

sternness

Post by sternness » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:40 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:
sternness wrote:
What I'm saying is that the initial reaction to the cards of Global Wars & War of the Worlds in 2014 was bad because there were a lot of people upset over the Toronto show having no ROH vs. NJPW matches and people going mental over Bennett vs. Tanahashi. It worked out MUCH better in 2015 because each match was announced one at a time. My post had nothing to do with ticket sales or anything else. I was specifically talking about the reactions when the cards were released both years. Putting matches out there one at a time is much better than throwing the cards up (especially for big shows like the ROH/NJPW crossover events) on the website all at once.
I never said anything about ticket sales. The reactions to the cards last year were better because they booked better matches, not because of how they revealed said matches.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:45 pm

Does anyone know the relationship between rev pro and roh? With the ROH title being defended at the promotion what is the likelyhood of us seeing Osprey, Scrul or Haskins in roh?

themib

Post by themib » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:11 pm

dancecab wrote:Does anyone know the relationship between rev pro and roh? With the ROH title being defended at the promotion what is the likelyhood of us seeing Osprey, Scrul or Haskins in roh?
More that they're both partners of New Japan - ROH has a more direct relationship with Preston City Wrestling.