Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
duyarvish

Re: Ring Of Honor 2015

Post by duyarvish » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:12 pm

I completely forgot AJ vs Sydal was happening here. That certainly makes up for some less then exciting stuff.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:01 am

In a bit of unfortunate news, Roderick Strong suffered a concussion in his match with Cedric Alexander in Milwaukee last night, and is out of the SOTF Finals. This means that the Finals is now a Five-Way Match (Christopher Daniels vs. Silas Young vs. Jay Briscoe vs. "Unbreakable Michael Elgin vs. ACH). This isn't the first time that the Finals was a Five-Way Match, as that happened in 2006 with Delirious (the eventual winner) vs. Matt Sydal vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Austin Aries (The reason it was only five that year was because Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe went to a Time Limit Draw).

I saw someone mention this on another forum, and I think this is an interesting point. This is the third time in the last year that someone has received a concussion in a match with Cedric Alexander, and the 2nd time in the span of a month. Bobby Fish supposedly got a concussion in a PWG match with Alexander late last year, ACH suffered a concussion in a match with Alexander a few weeks ago at Kalamazoo (forcing ACH off the show in Dayton the next night), and now Roderick Strong. I'm sure all of these incidents were accidental, but it seems like Alexander needs to be more careful in the future. There's a fine line between this happening once and this happening multiple times.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:42 am

How are you certain it was Cedric's fault each time?
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:59 am

syxxpakk wrote:How are you certain it was Cedric's fault each time?
I'm not trying to say that (if it seemed like that maybe it was my wording). I've got absolutely nothing against Cedric Alexander. All I'm saying is that there have been two concussions in the last month in ROH, and both instances were singles matches involving him. Concussions can happen to anyone in any sport, but when you've got a string of issues in a short span of time involving the same guy, that's a legitimate concern. I'm just saying he should be more careful.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:20 am

What I'm saying is, just because people get a concussion in a match with him doesn't mean it's his fault. He could be the most super careful worker in the world, but if ACH mistimes a bump he's doing and knocks himself silly, that's not Cedric's fault. You feel me?
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:16 am

syxxpakk wrote:What I'm saying is, just because people get a concussion in a match with him doesn't mean it's his fault. He could be the most super careful worker in the world, but if ACH mistimes a bump he's doing and knocks himself silly, that's not Cedric's fault. You feel me?
Right, I totally get what you're saying. My counterpoint would be what are the chances that both ACH & Roderick Strong mistimed a bump? Again, not trying to say that it's the fault of Cedric Alexander, but it's the fact that this has happened twice in the span of month that's worrying. Bottom line, regardless of who's at fault, people just need to be a bit more careful in the ring.

Back to Survival of the Fittest, "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin won the tournament tonight in Hopkins. It came down to Elgin vs. Jay Briscoe, and Elgin got the pinfall victory (which is a pretty big deal). Apparently Elgin said after the fact that he wants his title shot to be "in Japan", so it looks like we might actually get a ROH World Title Match in the Tokyo Dome.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:33 am

Could also just be on the ROH/NJPW japan shows.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:48 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:Bottom line, regardless of who's at fault, people just need to be a bit more careful in the ring.
Exactly. Saying Cedric Alexander needs to be more safe, which is what you were initially saying, is unfair to Cedric Alexander. Those concussions could very well not be his fault. It could just be a coincidence for all we know.

duyarvish

Post by duyarvish » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Michael Elgin winning the belt at the Tokyo Dome would be the most unintentionally great story the Lizard Man has ever told.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Well, well, well:
At last night's ROH event in Milwaukee, Michael Elgin won a ROH title shot by virtue of winning the Survival of the Fittest 2015 tournament. Elgin made mention on the mic of having his title shot in Japan.

The word backstage at the show was that Jay Lethal will defend the ROH title against Elgin at the 1/4/16 New Japan Pro Wrestling WrestleKingdom event at the Tokyo Dome.
Credit: PWInsider

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Ring of Honor will be finishing on Destination American in a few weeks. Expect an announcement on where they are heading in the next week or so. They are likely moving to Comet TV:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/d ... 9o.twitter

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:10 pm

Here's the official word from ROH:

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:40 pm

I am so confused about whether I get this channel or not. The website indicates a channel with .#. WTF?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:21 pm

mlev76 wrote:I am so confused about whether I get this channel or not. The website indicates a channel with .#. WTF?
You get it then but not through your cable provider. You get it through Over-the-Air whether you have an antenna ontop your house/apartment or whatever or you have a built-in antenna/tuner on your TV (most HDTVs have this).

Here's a guide that talks about it: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/t ... casts.html. For some people it's rather easy, others not so much.

duyarvish

Post by duyarvish » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Even if DA never actually did anything for them it's tough to imagine how this is a positive. That's a lot of looparounds to find a show that they just post online the next day anyway.