WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

Re: Ring Of Honor 2015

Post by rovert » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:39 am

Adam Cole is very good isn't he?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:54 pm

A decade later, STILL the greatest match I've experienced in person. Note that "Final Countdown" is dubbed out for obvious copyright reasons, so if you can grab a copy of the original Vendetta DVD release, then do so.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:12 pm

I don't understand why ROH doesn't have a single british guy on their roster, despite how hot the UK scene is right now.

JFC3400

Post by JFC3400 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:00 am

Morten VH wrote:I don't understand why ROH doesn't have a single british guy on their roster, despite how hot the UK scene is right now.
Probably as simple as the fact that flights from the UK cost more than flights from elsewhere in the US. They really should book guys for one-offs at least. Plus their non-contract one-off talent tends to be either cheap local guys or more common names that will draw. The UK guys aren't cheap, but also aren't huge draws either.

Would love to see them build something from the PCW shows and bring a guy like Mastiff over next year. Lethal doing RevPro next Jan is also a good sign.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:39 am

Mike Johnson wrote:For those of you planning to attend next month's Ring of Honor Final Battle PPV at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, a source at the venue told me this morning that there are only about 100 tickets remaining for the show, which will be headlined by ROH champion Jay Lethal vs. AJ Styles.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:42 am

So Survival of the Fittest 2015: Night 1 just wrapped up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Up next is Survival of the Fittest 2015: Night 2 in Hopkins, Minnesota, and the Finals will be...

Christopher Daniels vs. Roderick Strong vs. Silas Young vs. Jay Briscoe vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. ACH

Really great to see ACH win the Best-of-Five Series over Matt Sydal. Hopefully he has a good showing in the Finals.

Also, AJ Styles vs. Matt Sydal is also official for Hopkins (Styles was to fight the loser of ACH/Sydal), and that match should be nothing short of fantastic.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:20 pm

With Jay Briscoe advancing, i'd say it's a guarantee that he wins SOTF tomorrow. There's no way they're pinning him. So unless they do a screw finish where he gets taken out of the match, without being pinned, then he's a guaranteed winner. It's very clear that they're keeping him unpinned for a big world title match down the line.

That leads me to this, that i hadn't thought off until now: Could Jay Briscoe win SOTF tonight, and be inserted as a third man in the world title match at Final Battle? That solves your problem of Styles not taking a clean fall.

JFC3400

Post by JFC3400 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:36 pm

The conventional wisdom (and some have predicted) that Strong will win and be inserted into the Main Event of Final Battle. Glory by Honor in Dayton ended with those 3 in the ring staring each other down.

I think they've intentionally kept Briscoe away from the title to avoid beating him again. My money is on him being DQd or counted out.

It'll be interesting to see who wins tonight. Elgin (shot at the Dome), Roddy, Briscoe, and ACH all have a shot.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:10 pm

Morten VH wrote:With Jay Briscoe advancing, i'd say it's a guarantee that he wins SOTF tomorrow. There's no way they're pinning him. So unless they do a screw finish where he gets taken out of the match, without being pinned, then he's a guaranteed winner. It's very clear that they're keeping him unpinned for a big world title match down the line.

That leads me to this, that i hadn't thought off until now: Could Jay Briscoe win SOTF tonight, and be inserted as a third man in the world title match at Final Battle? That solves your problem of Styles not taking a clean fall.
Personally, I would lead towards Jay Briscoe not winning. The thing is, he really hasn't had any interactions of any kind with Jay Lethal since July, and has pretty much been moved away from that ROH World Title picture. I don't see an issue with Jay Briscoe getting beat here. You could have him make it to the final two and lose to the eventual winner. Jay Briscoe getting pinned for only the 2nd time this year would be a big selling point for the guy who wins. I'm by no means advocating for Jay Briscoe to start taking pins left & right, but taking a pin on a special occasion like this (again, it'd only be the 2nd time this year), isn't unfathomable.

I've heard the idea of the winner being added to the Final Battle Main Event suggested by a number of people, though most of the people who say that think that Roderick Strong is going to be the one who will be added. At least with Strong, there's been continued interactions since their Time Limit Draw in July, including Strong taking the World TV Title from Lethal.

I'm rooting for Elgin or ACH to win. To me, Strong being added to the Final Battle Main Event would seem odd. They've already started promoting (and building towards) Lethal/Styles, and taking a potential World TV Title Match off the card (unless they plan on doing a two-fall three way like at WrestleMania 16) isn't a good idea, in my opinion

duyarvish

Post by duyarvish » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:03 pm

There's no chance they do another double champion so I expect this match to set up who Roddys next feud is, not for him to win.

As long as Lethal stays champ I don't think they go with Jay either. Going back to that after you already gave it a clear finish in "The biggest match in Ring Of Honor History" would feel pretty stupid. Plus, the Briscoes seem to be being prepared to be War Machine's first challengers once they win.

I'm torn between it being Elgin and ACH given Elgin's contract stuff but I'll chose him and assume they decide to do the Dome match anyway.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Elgin leading to the Dome-match makes the most sense. First ever 2-time SOTF winner is a neat feather.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:04 pm

A couple of matches added for tonight in Hopkins:

- The All-Night Express vs. The Young Bucks
- Adam Page vs. Dalton Castle
- Mark Briscoe vs. Frankie Kazarian

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:55 pm

Two more matches added:

- Six-Man Tag - The Kingdom vs. Moose & War Machine
- Cedric Alexander vs. Will Ferrara

duyarvish

Post by duyarvish » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:17 pm

As a whole night two looks really eh but that Kingdom/Moose&War Machine match could be really great

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 pm

duyarvish wrote:As a whole night two looks really eh but that Kingdom/Moose&War Machine match could be really great
Really? I would disagree. Aside from the actual Survival of the Fittest Finals, there's a lot of good stuff on this card. AJ Styles vs. Matt Sydal has the potential to be fantastic. reDRagon vs. Lethal/Dijak & ANX/Young Bucks should both be really fun tag matches, and the other singles matches (Mark Briscoe/Kazarian, Page/Castle, Alexander/Ferrara) announced, while certainly not blow away, all have the potential to be solid undercard matches. I'll second your thoughts on that Six-Man Tag. That could be pretty good.