Adam Cole
Dalton Castle w/ The Boys
Silas Young
Will Ferrara

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Re: Ring Of Honor 2015

Post by Robareid » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Ring of Honor, for me at least, really seems to be firing on all cylinders after the Anniversary show and I'm really into what they're doing. Not only are their big shows delivering, but their smaller tour shows have been pretty great too. Almost everybody on the roster seems to have some sort of focus too, which hasn't been the case for a long time. For me this is the best ROH has been since the Gabe era, with the exception of late 2010 when they had Steen-Generico, Richards-Strong and KoW-Briscoes all firing on all cylinders.

bme_87

Post by bme_87 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:58 pm

Since being borderline obsessed with ROH throughout '06/'07/'08 (I still have every 2007 show on DVD in a cupboard) I've really struggled to stay invested in the product. It's not for lack of effort, just nothing has really kept my attention.

I must say though, this calendar year has been the most in to things I've been since that time. Everything is just working for me right now.

DBD looks to be no different. The excitement level is pretty high over here.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:36 am

Posted it in the last thread, but Roddy vs. Castle from Nashville is pretty great.

I'm bummed I have plans the weekend of the 24th, would definitely take the drive to see Lethal vs. Roddy

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:33 am

I liked ROH a lot last year, but I've LOVED ROH this year. I'm a little behind on the spot shows from Texas/Oklahoma/Nashville but with the exception of the Winter Warriors Tour from Dearborn, every one of their live events this year I've given a "thumbs up" to. Lethal vs. Briscoe worked their way into the lead for my Feud of the Year vote with their awesome Best in the World match and I'm fully on board with a Lethal reign. ROH lost a lot of steam last year post-BITW with some lame Aftershock tour shows and a disappointing Field of Honor, but I don't see that happening this year. Very excited to see what's in store for the company in the second half of the year.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:59 am

Robareid wrote:Ring of Honor, for me at least, really seems to be firing on all cylinders after the Anniversary show and I'm really into what they're doing. Not only are their big shows delivering, but their smaller tour shows have been pretty great too. Almost everybody on the roster seems to have some sort of focus too, which hasn't been the case for a long time. For me this is the best ROH has been since the Gabe era, with the exception of late 2010 when they had Steen-Generico, Richards-Strong and KoW-Briscoes all firing on all cylinders.
Totally agree. I thought 2014 was the best year ROH has had since they were bought by SBG. 2015 has been great thus far as well. Like you said, all of the shows, from the big ones to the smaller ones, have really delivered. The attendance is up across the board. Everything seems to be moving in the right direction, which is great to see.

The one thing I hope happens is that ROH is able to sustain all of this buzz & momentum through the end of the year. The first nine months of 2014 were great, but from All-Star Extravaganza VI to Final Battle 2014, ROH seemed to lose a lot of that buzz. People didn't seem to be talking about ROH as much during that time compared to those first nine months. If they can keep up the buzz, 2015 can definitely surpass 2014. They've got a lot of things going on in the latter half of the year, particularly in September, where they're running six shows in three weeks, so it'll be interesting to see what they can do.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:12 am

Also, here are the cards for the next two Live Events:

Aftershock Tour: Hopkins
Hopkins, Minnesota 7/11/15

- Triple Threat Match - IWGP Heavyweight Champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong vs. Kyle O'Reilly
- Tag Team Match - Undisputed ROH World Champion/ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal & Truth Martini vs. Jay Briscoe & ODB
- Adam Cole vs. Bobby Fish

Signed To Appear:

- The Kingdom (IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions Matt Taven & Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis)
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- Mark Briscoe
- ACH
- Dalton Castle
- Silas Young
- War Machine
- Moose
- Donovan Dijak
- Will Ferrara
- Cheeseburger

Aftershock Tour: Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada 7/17/15

- Vegas Wild Card Six-Man Tag - ROH World Champion/ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini), Roderick Strong , & Moose vs. Jay Briscoe, Dalton Castle, & Kyle O'Reilly
- Roppongi Vice vs. The Young Bucks
- ROH World TV Title #1 Contender's Tournament Finals - Triple Threat Match - TBD vs. TBD vs. TBD
- ROH World TV Title #1 Contender's Tournament - ROH World Tag Team Chamoion "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs. Mark Briscoe
- ROH World TV Title #1 Contender's Tournament - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champion Matt Taven vs. Bobby Fish
- ROH World TV Title #1 Contender's Tournament - ROH World Tag Team Champion Frankie Kazarian vs. ACH

Signed To Appear:

- The Kingdom (Adam Cole & IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champion Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis)
- Silas Young
- War Machine

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:21 am

I found hilarious that in the press release for the six man tag they basically alluded to "How will known twitter homophobe Jay Briscoe get along with Dalton Castle and his boys?! Find out in Vegas"

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:30 pm

One, well maybe two, thing I like about these next couple shows is Kyle on his own. I love love love reDRagon to death and love Bob Fish, but I am waiting for a good Kyle singles run. After BOSJ, Delirious has to be excited for the potential of a possible run for the title.

And speaking of which, the reaction in Philadelphia that Fish got for the match with Jay still surprises me and makes me smile. It was really a genuine enthusiasm for him. I don't think anyone really thought he would win, especially with the Lethal match coming, but I hope they may remember this for down the line.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Mike wrote:One, well maybe two, thing I like about these next couple shows is Kyle on his own. I love love love reDRagon to death and love Bob Fish, but I am waiting for a good Kyle singles run. After BOSJ, Delirious has to be excited for the potential of a possible run for the title.

And speaking of which, the reaction in Philadelphia that Fish got for the match with Jay still surprises me and makes me smile. It was really a genuine enthusiasm for him. I don't think anyone really thought he would win, especially with the Lethal match coming, but I hope they may remember this for down the line.
Based on how The Briscoes have been booked since Jay Briscoe won the World Title for the first time, I think we're going to get the best of both worlds in regards to reDRagon. When Jay Briscoe was World Champion, he was obviously in the title scene, while Mark Briscoe spent time in the mid-card, feuding with heels and occasionally challenging for the World TV Title. When the situation called for it, they teamed as The Briscoes. I don't see why they can't do the same with reDRagon. Kyle O'Reilly can get pushed into the World Title scene, while Bobby Fish can be that guy who's in the World TV Title picture and feuds with other heels in the mid-card. When the situation calls for it, reDRagon can team once again. Plus, as we saw in the Best of the Super Juniors Finals, Bobby Fish is a GREAT cornerman for Kyle O'Reilly. ROH can easily use both guys in singles & tag team capacities without breaking up the team (and I think they won't break up anyway, as long as they're in New Japan). Everyone wins.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:22 pm

The Briscoes vs RPG Vice has been added to Death Before Dishonor

Gimli

Post by Gimli » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:36 pm

Briscoes vs RPG Vice is definitely one to look forward to. Lethal vs Strong will probably be a MOTYC. Pretty happy with that card.

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:06 pm

Quentin Moody wrote:The Briscoes vs RPG Vice has been added to Death Before Dishonor
Love this match. It's fresh. Trent and Romero are really working well together and get better each time I see them and the Briscoes when they're a team are one of the best teams in the world.

DBD is going to be a blast this year. I just hope the stream works. Baltimore crowd will be hot. Hope they can get a good crowd both nights. They did 1,000 back for the TV tapings in March and I would bet they can do that again for DBD and hopefully retain 3/4th of that for Saturday.

br26
VOW Staff Member

Post by br26 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Quentin Moody wrote:The Briscoes vs RPG Vice has been added to Death Before Dishonor
this show is shaping up to be can't miss on paper.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Got my tickets for Death Before Dishonor, can't wait for this show.