Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by rovert » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Danwaka wrote:Its amazing how you three can't be adults and just ignore each other.
I never instigate it with Rob. Has said he's done with me two or three times on this forum only to go back on his claim a few days or weeks later.

I should lay off monster mafia though. I think regular posters know the deal at this stage. He contests something I say it turns out I was right rinse repeat.

So has anyone watched the TV lately? How is the TPT?

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Bully Ray, Broken Matt and Jeff will all be on Busted Open today discussing the ROH show and PPV this Friday for anyone who cares

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:16 pm

insider

"For those who have asked, we are told that the debut of Bully Ray (Bubba Ray Dudley) in Ring of Honor over the weekend at Manhattan Mayhem VI was not a last second agreement, but something that had been in discussions for some time. We are told that ROH will be his priority going forward and that this is not planned to be a deal where he makes just a few appearances and finishes up."

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Yeah. Sound investment strategy there. :roll:

FootOnTheRopes

Post by FootOnTheRopes » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:12 pm

Rottenrocker wrote:Yeah. Sound investment strategy there. :roll:
Nobody really has any idea if it's sound or not, depending on his contract and the fans his program may bring, it might make ROH a large amount of money or break even which i'm Sinclair will be fine with and everything is rosy for both sides.

I personally have no huge desire to see him but If Bubba brings a big A game then that may change the same goes for others I'm sure. A return of a Bubba similar to ECW where he just drew heat like unlike many at that time would be fantastic to see. Like I say I think it's going to be all down to him and what energy or passion he has to deliver. I do hope that the main title is kept well away from him.

As for the tag team title change it works story line wise I guess and having the Hardy's on TV for a month will be a nice thing to have. I do think both ROH and the Hardy's would benefit from a longer relationship but when WWE has called there is much choice really.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Bully Ray from the main event run with the title in TNA would absolutely be a sound investment AND would honestly probably fit in with ROH during any timeframe/era.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:54 pm

That is some incredibly sound Mecca level reasoning right there. ;)

On a more interesting note I decided pop in the KENTA Best Of that ROH put out awhile back and that one two punch of Low Ki/KENTA for the GHC Jr. title and the KENTAFuji vs Danielson/Joe tag was an exhilarating reminder of how exciting and innovative ROH used to be.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:22 am

Lucky. They discontinued the KENTA doc just a few days before I bought it. Still bitter about that lol

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:38 am

Rottenrocker wrote:That is some incredibly sound Mecca level reasoning right there. ;)
Explain.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:46 am

King Of Indy Style wrote:Lucky. They discontinued the KENTA doc just a few days before I bought it. Still bitter about that lol
Damn. If it makes you feel better I missed out on getting ROH Year Two when it was on sale and now it's OOP. I enjoyed Year One immensely too. :(

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:17 am

From a live perspective, I thought Manhattan Mayhem VI was a pretty entertaining show, for the most part. It was soooo good to be back in the Hammerstein Ballroom. I didn't mind Terminal 5 (granted, I was only there once and I had a really good seat), but the Hammerstein Ballroom is such an awesome venue for wrestling. This was actually the first time I've been at a regular ROH show, that wasn't a War Of The Worlds joint event with New Japan since the 10th Anniversary Show (which was the first ROH show I saw live). In hindsight, this was actually a pretty big show, with the main card, the Women of Honor match, and the two Top Prospect Tournament Matches that were taped for TV. Twelve matches in total.

Getting to see Will Ospreay, Marty Scurll, & Dragon Lee live for the first time was so cool. I know people are down on ROH right now, but there was no way I was going to miss the opportunity to see those guys live. Dragon Lee vs. Will Ospreay was easily the best match on the show, and is definitely worth the VOD purchase. The Young Bucks vs. Lio Rush & Jay White was also pretty great. It's amazing to see how over The Young Bucks are in person. They were so popular with that crowd that Rush & White were actively getting booed at points. Marty Scurll vs. Sonjay Dutt was also pretty good. Dutt isn't exactly the most exciting guy in the world (on paper), but he had a strong outing here. Scurll was, of course, awesome.

The Hardys showing up, and then The Young Bucks subsequently accepting their challenge, was probably the loudest reaction I've ever heard out of all the ROH shows I've seen live. It was insane. We'll have to wait & see when it drops, but I don't think the VOD will do that pop justice. It's amazing to see how over Matt Hardy is right now, especially considering that he was LOATHED during his 2012-2014 run with ROH. Seeing them win the titles was an incredible moment. As far as Bully Ray goes, I'm still not sure what to make of it. He was presented as an uber-babyface here, but it seems like he's much better served as a heel. I guess he feuds with The Bullet Club? Honestly, I don't know. What I will say, however, is that the appearances made by The Hardys & Bully Ray totally worked in this setting. Manhattan Mayhem is a show that is notorious in ROH lore for having surprises, so in that regard, this show certainly continued that tradition.

The rest of the show was a mixed bag. The Kingdom confronted Daniels at the start of the show, and it looked like we were going to get Daniels vs. Taven, but TK O'Ryan jumped in and took the match instead. It honestly wasn't much, as it went about five minutes or so, and felt very much like a house show match. Dalton Castle vs. Colt Cabana was pretty solid. The Boys took a pretty nasty bump right at the end of the match. The second half of the show was just....there. The Battle Royal was fine for what it was, and the six-man tag was decent (but not that interesting). I actually enjoyed the main event. The first half wasn't that interesting, but things definitely picked up a bit in the second half. It seemed like the show peaked with The Hardys winning the ROH World Tag Team Titles, but it never came back up. In hindsight, they probably should've put everything on the second half in the first half, and moved Scurll/Dutt, Ospreay/Dragon Lee, The Young Bucks/Rush & White, and The Young Bucks/Hardys to the second half.
ODonnell wrote:Bully Ray, Broken Matt and Jeff will all be on Busted Open today discussing the ROH show and PPV this Friday for anyone who cares
Did anything noteworthy come from these interviews?
rovert wrote: So has anyone watched the TV lately? How is the TPT?
Haven't seen the first round matches yet, but I can talk about the Semi-Finals, which they taped on Saturday. Brian Milonas vs. Josh Woods was ok. Neither guy really stood out that much, though I could see ROH getting behind Josh Woods. I was actually surprised that we got John Skyler vs. Curt Stallion here, since I'm sure many figured that would be the Finals. It was actually a pretty good match. Looking at the card as a whole, I thought it was the 5th best match on the show (that might vary for some once people see the VOD, defending on what you thought of Cole vs. Fish and The Young Bucks vs. The Hardys). It wasn't a spectacular match by any means, but it's definitely worth checking out whenever it pops up on TV.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:04 am

Bully Ray will compete at the 15th Anniversary PPV this Friday, opponent TBD

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/bully- ... ign=buffer

JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:36 am

King Of Indy Style wrote:Bully Ray will compete at the 15th Anniversary PPV this Friday, opponent TBD

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/bully- ... ign=buffer
What's Bull Dempsey doing?

FootOnTheRopes

Post by FootOnTheRopes » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:27 am

I imagine it will be a Bullet Club member, for some reason I cant see the talent list for the anniversary show so I don't know who else will be there but I guess it will likely be Page, especially considering most of the others are tied up with something else on the card and within ROH. Also Just having a random match with anyone other than the someone in Bullet Club wouldn't make too much sense right now.

If the reaction for Bubba is good as a good to great as a baby face it will be wise to continue it for a while as the pay off when he turns will mean more overall and hopefully the reaction will be worth it. I do also wonder if he will be simply in a singles zone or will he be in group.