Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
syxxpakk

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:56 pm

Personally, Bully Ray depends on which Bully we're getting. If he gets into the shape he was when he was TNA Champion, then it might not be so bad.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

LK3185

Post by LK3185 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Comparing Bully to Ryback......personally, I just see Bully as a way better performer. As a heel, he could get great heat anywhere he goes and put on entertaining matches.. Thing is, ROH is lacking in top babyfaces.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:42 pm

cool but i broke the news...this man is an idiot.

give them a candy or something.

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:04 pm

rovert wrote:It is March 5th IN THEORY those ROH talents whose contracts expired the turn of the year are free to talk to WWE now.

The likes of Fish, O'Reilly, Dijack and War Machine.

This situation has me thinking after the events of last night. I wonder if ROH arranged for more Hardys appearances before or after this past Wednesday.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:06 pm

monster mafia wrote:cool but i broke the news...this man is an idiot.

odd....post....mate

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:19 pm

LK3185 wrote:Comparing Bully to Ryback......personally, I just see Bully as a way better performer. As a heel, he could get great heat anywhere he goes and put on entertaining matches.. Thing is, ROH is lacking in top babyfaces.
In Classic ROH (let's face it present day ROH isn't ROH anymore. It's nationally syndicated OVW) last night's card would have had a 45 minute classic between the Bucks and Rush/White before being capped off by a fantastic ROH World Title match between the champ Will Ospreay and Dragon Lee.

Fish would have had the TV title won if not for the interference of Scurll's mystery guest ZACK SABRE JR. Then as the LDRS are beating the crap out of Fish, Kyle O'Reilly makes his triumphant return AND the save. Setting up a huge international tag team dream match at the 15th Anniversary Show.

But guess what? You got the Hardyz as the ROH tag champs and Bully Ray instead. *cough*

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:24 pm

Castle's going to walk out of SCOH as the champ isn't he? Good lord.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:43 pm

That would be great news if he did.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Not my first choice but I love Castle and I really hope he does win if Daniels doesn't win Friday

LK3185

Post by LK3185 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Rottenrocker wrote: In Classic ROH (let's face it present day ROH isn't ROH anymore. It's nationally syndicated OVW) last night's card would have had a 45 minute classic between the Bucks and Rush/White before being capped off by a fantastic ROH World Title match between the champ Will Ospreay and Dragon Lee.

Fish would have had the TV title won if not for the interference of Scurll's mystery guest ZACK SABRE JR. Then as the LDRS are beating the crap out of Fish, Kyle O'Reilly makes his triumphant return AND the save. Setting up a huge international tag team dream match at the 15th Anniversary Show.

But guess what? You got the Hardyz as the ROH tag champs and Bully Ray instead. *cough*
Oh I agree.. but those days are long gone and we can be bitter about that fact or try to look at the positive side of things.....Like ZSJ is not coming in. KOR is not returning... ROH should not be relying on these old guys to draw but they are so i'd rather have Bully than say Ryback or Sandow

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:11 pm

monster mafia wrote:cool but i broke the news...this man is an idiot.

Please don't attack rovert. A new thread was started because of your shenanigans. Let it rest and Foe him if you don't like him.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:33 pm

"Classic ROH" has been dead for almost a decade at this point. Where they are now is a amalgam of the traditional ROH style wrestlers, international wrestlers tied to their foreign partners and more recognizable talents to non-hardcores. I'm not sure how much Bully Ray truly adds on that level alone (remember, Devon is still working at WWE) but ROH is obviously trying to shore up on names that can sell tickets and draw ratings.

It's not something that appeals to me or likely many here, but I suspect it will do well enough for a period that there may not be the last people we see coming in.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:37 pm

mlev76 wrote:"Classic ROH" has been dead for almost a decade at this point. Where they are now is a amalgam of the traditional ROH style wrestlers, international wrestlers tied to their foreign partners and more recognizable talents to non-hardcores. I'm not sure how much Bully Ray truly adds on that level alone (remember, Devon is still working at WWE) but ROH is obviously trying to shore up on names that can sell tickets and draw ratings.

It's not something that appeals to me or likely many here, but I suspect it will do well enough for a period that there may not be the last people we see coming in.
Bubba is a channel changer for me.
Who's Rob Viper ?

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:56 am

War Machine vs. The Briscoes added to the 15th Anniversary PPV