Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Mike

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Mike » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:18 pm

I just moreso write down stuff in a physical notebook believe it or not. The TV since June has been really good and I think way better than NXT.

One of the main guys who has just really excelled has been Flip Gordon. Matches vs. Gresham, Martinez, Page.

Sydal/Flip - 4/29
Bullet Club/Chucky T+RPG Vice -6/10
KUSHIDA/Marty - 6/10
Flip/Gresham - 6/24
White/Pun - 6/24
MCMG/War Machine - 7/8
Pun/Gresham - 7/15
KUSHIDA/Jay White - 7/22
Pun/Flip - 8/12
Bullet Clup/Flip Army - 11/25
Flip/Page - 12/2
Elite/Best Friends+Romero - 12/16

EDIT: Shoot, forgot Flip/Corey Hollis.

There's also Cole/KUSHIDA from Vegas and Dijak/Scurll too from early in the year.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:08 pm

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:45 pm

The Bucks vs. Best Friends vs. Dragon Lee/Titan show may air this weekend or in some places apparently it already has. You should check that out as well.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:59 pm

The episode is up on Fite now, it's worth your time. https://www.fite.tv/watch/roh-wrestling ... 331/2mrcu/

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Stank of Honor

Post by Stank of Honor » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:38 am

So on this week’s episode of ROH, Ian and Colt referred to honor club a few times during opening tag match and they said Concord would be the first event streamed. Haven’t seen any announcement on it but hopefully once updates are done to video end of their site this week, maybe they’ll open up he beta test to ringside members. These live events they release as VOD’s are usually better than the TV they do and almost PPV quality. Can’t wait till they start this

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:47 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:26 am

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Watched some of the test stream. The women's tag was a bare bones and functional match, with a slow developing finish that dragged it down a bit. I liked Mandy much better than usual as a face in peril who does nothing but sell. The rookie got most of the ring time.

I was doing things around the house, but I had a friend over who watched the entire show and the stream was perfect.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Deonna on social media is trying to draw attention to ROH TV cutting her WOH tournament match this weekend down to a 10-20 second clip.

Before this late last week, ROH's Youtube did a big match dump of WOH first round matches and at that time a number of people paying close attention knew what that signalled - they had already given up on the women's division.

ROH has had 2 years to figure this out.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:40 am

Why giving up, though?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Event Dates:

May 24, 2018 -- Edinburgh Corn Exchange, Edinburgh, Scotland, 7:30 p.m. local time

May 26, 2018 -- Crystal Palace Sports Centre, London, England, 6 p.m. local time

May 27, 2018 -- The Doncaster Dome, Doncaster, England, 6 p.m. local time

obliterati

Post by obliterati » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:37 pm

I had to down 8 Bulleit Ryes at the ATL tapings to stomach the BC neckbeards heckling Todd Sinclair all night, but ROH has been really fun lately. Manhattan Mayhem was super easy to watch and had some good stuff. Ultimo Guerrero fit in really well; hope they bring him back soon.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Signed up for the Honor Club yesterday and went with the VIP package. Guess time will tell if it's worth it.

From the outset, the cutoff of shows to the Sinclair era is very disappointing. Not that I have very much time for old stuff, but it's sad that they own such a rich back catalog and aren't exploiting it, at least not yet.

Watched most of Manhattan Mayhem last night and today and a few TV matches and it really seems like it's time for ROH to start pushing acts like Punishment Martinez, Coast2Coast and others hard and stop focusing as much a legacy acts and the NJPW/BC acts. I'm not saying ignore them or push them down, but for their future's sake, the homegrowns deserve a chance.

Nothing was must see, but the main event and semi-main were super fun. Glad I watched. Also glad, given the horrific nature of yesterday for me, that i did so from home and didn't attend live.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:20 pm

I went back this afternoon to watch the main event from last night; VOD cut off at three hour mark then when i refreshed my iOS browser it went to a five minute video of the end of the match...which then gave me a “file could not be played” error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk