Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by monster mafia » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:17 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 am

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Man the balls on those men to even suggest that they will do such a thing. I'm very curious to how this is going to turn out. I don't see them drawing more then 5k at most.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Go with the nation’s finest minor league venue, that being Key Arena, for Danielson’s return. Collaboration with Defy, ROH, and NJPW.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Regarding the Cody/Bucks 10K seat venue pursuit:

I believe the best route to take is wait for Danielson’s decision. Should he leave WWE to come out of retirement, the Key Arena serves dual purposes for his poetic home state return where he first initially retired, and is the finest minor league venue in North America. The event can be a collaboration between ROH, NJPW, and Defy.

With my scenario, here are additional notes:

Neville’s contract is said to expire before Danielson’s. This assumes his contract isn’t frozen and he decides to still leave. So that’s hypothetically 2 cable TV stars for the event.

Aries would be great name value to have too, serving as a great opponent to reignite his rivalries against PAC or Danielson.

Jericho might still be available too, and in fact his cruise with ROH talent is AFTER Danielson’s contract reportedly expires.

If the Defy champion were to be LU-contracted, no worry. John Hennigan is currently in TNA’s top program now that LU decided to stop being cunts.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:37 pm

When is Danielson out of WWE though? If he doesn't get out until September, he can't be advertised until after that. That makes it hard to promote a huge show. Plus we aren't sure if he will have the traditional non-compete. That makes 2018 VERY difficult to pull off with him.

I still think the path to 10,000 is San Diego. Bring in one or two Mysterio/Park/Wagner level guys and some other lucha names, go Bullet Club with the rest of the card, and you might be able to pull it off. Lucha shows are proven draws, and I'm not sure a DEFY partnership brings anyone new to the table.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Danielson would be free to leave and jump ship immediately, as it’s an expiration, not a release. His return match being at Key Arena can also be price gouged. I’d want the show to be completely loaded with top names though - Okada, Naito, Danielson, Omega - while the scrubs like the Dawgs and most of the recent SOTF participants can gladly play ring crew.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:20 pm

supersonic wrote:Regarding the Cody/Bucks 10K seat venue pursuit:

I believe the best route to take is wait for Danielson’s decision. Should he leave WWE to come out of retirement, the Key Arena serves dual purposes for his poetic home state return where he first initially retired, and is the finest minor league venue in North America. The event can be a collaboration between ROH, NJPW, and Defy.

With my scenario, here are additional notes:

Neville’s contract is said to expire before Danielson’s. This assumes his contract isn’t frozen and he decides to still leave. So that’s hypothetically 2 cable TV stars for the event.

Aries would be great name value to have too, serving as a great opponent to reignite his rivalries against PAC or Danielson.

Jericho might still be available too, and in fact his cruise with ROH talent is AFTER Danielson’s contract reportedly expires.

If the Defy champion were to be LU-contracted, no worry. John Hennigan is currently in TNA’s top program now that LU decided to stop being cunts.
I'm still amazed after all this time there has still been no word from wrestling news reporters on how long Neville has left on his deal and whether his contract has been frozen or not and if WWE can actually freeze it. It's not even 100% clear what actually happened with him and why.

Whatever happened to these people having news and sources?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:51 pm

Not to be the rain on the parade, but...

1) Announcing a plan with no set date, location, etc. smacks of wishful thinking. This is not to say they can't get it done or it won't happen or that it wouldn't be great if this were to happen, but aspirational and actual are different things.

2) I would absolutely NOT plan anything based off of expected WWE releases. If we've learned anything, it's that WWE will use outside opportunities as the impetus to re-sign people. I recognize that Bryan is a special situation and maybe not even this would change their minds. But, if the goal is a concrete card and talent, I would build a show on themselves and not Bryan or anyone equivalent.

3) With that said, I would hope they actually do try to flesh out a great show and don't just do it to say they did it. Success on this front could be great for everyone. Failure could shut the door on such ideas in the future.

gbogard

Post by gbogard » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:48 pm

The angle from the last tv show with The Briscoes going to the 3D wrestling academy was great. Jay Briscoe in particular was awesome.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Including Final Battle 16, Castle's win is the fifth ROH World title change in the last year. That's pretty insane for the ROH tltle

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:18 pm

mlev76 wrote:Including Final Battle 16, Castle's win is the fifth ROH World title change in the last year. That's pretty insane for the ROH tltle
They did a bunch of quickies with Cole/O'Reilly. I'm excited to see Castle as champ, been wanting them to go this direction for a while.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Last edited by SuperplexlariatBW on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:19 pm

6 Man Tag and Scurll v Lethal were very good. Cody stinks

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:35 am

Observer:
While not announced yet, Kota Ibushi will be on the New Orleans show along with Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kenny Omega