Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by supersonic » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:20 am

Meltzer:
Tickets for ROH Final Battle on 12/15 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York are now sold out. Tickets have been put on sale for the final TV taping of the year on 12/16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia.
monster mafia wrote: san antonio before omega announcement

san antonio after omega announcement

Mootio

Post by Mootio » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:00 am

mlev76 wrote:I attended last year's Final Battle and to reflect back on that show and see this proposed card (and the further fleshed out card that Dave projected in the Observer isn't much better) makes me sad as someone whose seen more ROH shows live over the last decade than any other promotion. I get it, the BC is super hot and they're drawing well and it's going to do great here. But, as I have given them credit for actually booking their own angles in a manner the NWO only could dream of, people will soon realize that this, like the NWO and every other act has a shelf life. It's a fad. And while they're doing great now, the remainder of the roster is lifers, b level stars and guys no one else wants. I won't be in town this year, but even if I was, I would not be attending ROH Final Battle 2017: Mortgaging Our Future
I understand your concern but it's only a problem business-wise when they start flogging a dead horse. They aren't anywhere near that point just yet.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Mootio wrote:
mlev76 wrote:I attended last year's Final Battle and to reflect back on that show and see this proposed card (and the further fleshed out card that Dave projected in the Observer isn't much better) makes me sad as someone whose seen more ROH shows live over the last decade than any other promotion. I get it, the BC is super hot and they're drawing well and it's going to do great here. But, as I have given them credit for actually booking their own angles in a manner the NWO only could dream of, people will soon realize that this, like the NWO and every other act has a shelf life. It's a fad. And while they're doing great now, the remainder of the roster is lifers, b level stars and guys no one else wants. I won't be in town this year, but even if I was, I would not be attending ROH Final Battle 2017: Mortgaging Our Future
I understand your concern but it's only a problem business-wise when they start flogging a dead horse. They aren't anywhere near that point just yet.
Things change quickly. Consider WCW and the drop off from end of the year 98 to end of the year 99.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Comparison will be apt if the Briscoes are shoved aside due to personality conflicts (Flair), the Bucks get removed from TV until signing a new contract (thus opening door to WWE) (Jericho), and Xavier is brought back for a top push (Sid.) Throw in signing a niche musical act and their muscle for training school, such as Alice in Chains (No Limit Soldiers.) Lastly, SBG/Tribute start annoying the shit out of Koff, who begins to totally lose it publicly as well (AOL/TW and Bischoff.)

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:01 am

gbogard

Post by gbogard » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:58 pm

Anyone else unable to watch videos on the ROH website? I ordered the 10/12 global wars show and when I went to watch it I got an error message. Same thing happens when trying to watch the tv show or any vod content. Sent them an email on Friday and they said the issue is being worked on. It’s now Sunday and I still can’t watch the stuff I paid for, which is pretty lame. Sent them a tweet to no response.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:08 am

2 years ago when a TV taping was going to happen in Philly, I would've been there without seeing who was going to be there. Last year, health took that option away, but I still would've at least checked to see on who would be there. This year, you couldn't pay me to go to a TV taping as it would be a waste of 4+ hours.
Who's Rob Viper ?

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:51 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:22 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:45 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Observer:
Even though he was at the last PPV, Jimmy Jacobs likely won’t be at Final Battle since he’s working an indie show that night in Connecticut. I guess it’s not impossible travel wise, but one would think if he was going to have something to do with the show he wouldn’t book an indie date

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:28 am

Stephen Amell is now on par with Andy Kaufman and Machine Gun Kelly in the celebrities putting their bodies on the line department.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Speaking of Amell, he now has his own PWTees store:

I'm sure some probably don't care much his involvement last night in San Antonio, but as someone who's watched "Arrow" from the beginning, I thought it was pretty cool.

Also, the guy clearly isn't afraid to take those big bumps (more in reference to the table spot):

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 am

SPYWARE/POP-UP WARNING - https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11368 ... m.html?p=1

Johnson:
Ring of Honor Executive Greg Gilliend contacted PWInsider to issue the following statement this afternoon:

"It was brought to my attention that Floslam or Floslam representatives were fraudulently covering our San Antonio event yesterday, streaming video and posting photos to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This has created an illusion that we are somehow working with them. Ring of Honor are in no way affiliated with Floslam and their actions yesterday were unauthorized."

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:52 am

Edgy spyware/pop up warning in 2017, bro.