WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by supersonic » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:22 pm

#Nitro1998Booking

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Cody's picked up some pretty big matches with Japanese names this year. First Okada and now Suzuki. My instinct was to be disappointed, but if he's champion, he should face the big guns coming in.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:02 am

hype.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:32 pm

I assume Will Ospreay will show up in ROH again in the near future?

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:40 am

I hope Kenny King takes the belt off of KUSHIDA. I like KUSHIDA, but I just feel like he isn't the right guy to hold the TV belt, especially when he isn't a "full time" guy. I dunno.

gbogard

Post by gbogard » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:00 pm

John The Drummer wrote:I hope Kenny King takes the belt off of KUSHIDA. I like KUSHIDA, but I just feel like he isn't the right guy to hold the TV belt, especially when he isn't a "full time" guy. I dunno.
I'm thinking he will since Vegas is his hometown.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:14 am

So ROH will be running five shows in nine days during the month of November:

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/sale-d ... d-oklahoma
Nov. 11, 2017
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Memorial Auditorium
7:00 pm bell time

Nov. 12, 2017
Lakeland, Florida
RP Funding Center
6:00 pm bell time

Nov. 17, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
Austin Highway Event Center
7:30 pm bell time

Nov. 18, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Gilley’s Dallas

Nov. 19, 2017
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cox Convention Center

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:14 am

Here's the updated card for the Death Before Dishonor XV PPV in Las Vegas:

- ROH World Title - Cody vs. Minoru Suzuki
- ROH World TV Title - KUSHIDA vs. Kenny King
- ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Titles - The Bullet Club (The Young Bucks & "The Hangman" Adam Page) vs. #1 Contender's Match Winner
- Last Man Standing Match - Jay Lethal vs. Silas Young
- Las Vegas Street Fight - Jay White vs. Punishment Martinez
- Chuck Taylor vs. "The Villain" Marty Scurll
- #1 Contender's Match - The Briscoes & Bully Ray vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven, Vinny Marseglia, & TK O'Ryan)

While it hasn't been announced yet, The Young Bucks vs. The Motor City Machine Guns for the ROH World Tag Team Titles will probably being added.

Also, here are a few other assorted announcements:

Jay Lethal, Christopher Daniels, & Dalton Castle have been confirmed for that tournament.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:02 am

That DBD card is pretty stacked.

I'm sure Suzuki will do most if not all of the heavy lifting in the World Title match to make Cody look credible.

Frank Olson

Post by Frank Olson » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:48 am

This past week's TV episode (the one that is currently up on the ROH website) is pretty great. The Cheeseburger/Will Ferrara match is actually pretty spectacular; it's like both guys realized that this is the closest they will probably ever come to getting a big-time grudge match, so they went out and worked it as if they were in the main event of Final Battle or something, with each man pulling out everything in their arsenal to try to pull out the win. The main event between Search and Destroy (The Motor City Machine Guns, Jonathan Gresham, and Jay White) vs. Bullet Club (The Young Bucks and G.O.D.) is a spectacular car crash match. Marty Scurll is the color commentator for the full episode, and he's pretty funny. I haven't really been keeping up with ROH TV lately, but I'm really glad I caught this episode.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:27 am

Main was good but the Cheeseburger/Ferrara match was garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Rottenrocker wrote:That DBD card is pretty stacked.

I'm sure Suzuki will do most if not all of the heavy lifting in the World Title match to make Cody look credible.
Agreed. My only concern is really with that main event, but other than that, the rest of the card is actually very solid. The two things that you can almost always guarantee with ROH over the last year or so is that the TV show is very easy to sit through, and the (proper) PPV's are usually pretty good, even when there's almost no buzz.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:15 pm

ROH is slowly but surely shedding the rep they've had for a while. TV's been strong with good to very good and some even great shows weekly, they've had some really terrific in-ring shows this year, and ticket advance for future shows is strong.

I just feel for a while that it was "uncool" to like ROH. I'm not saying they didn't deserve some of it - they certainly did - but it was just at a level above any other promotion criticism I've seen online. Just an easy punching bag where it's easy to fit along in a crowd to join in the kicking when they're down, just as long as you are saying something to meet the approval of other fans. I resented that trait in people. I felt it was unfair to the guys on the roster who have been doing real well.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Mike wrote:ROH is slowly but surely shedding the rep they've had for a while. TV's been strong with good to very good and some even great shows weekly, they've had some really terrific in-ring shows this year, and ticket advance for future shows is strong.

I just feel for a while that it was "uncool" to like ROH. I'm not saying they didn't deserve some of it - they certainly did - but it was just at a level above any other promotion criticism I've seen online. Just an easy punching bag where it's easy to fit along in a crowd to join in the kicking when they're down, just as long as you are saying something to meet the approval of other fans. I resented that trait in people. I felt it was unfair to the guys on the roster who have been doing real well.
I think the perception of ROH as the little brother to NJPW's big brother has hurt it's perception amongst some. The additional fact that so much of the younger and homegrown talent has left over the last year (Lee, Dijak, Cole, O'Reilly, Fish, Rush) coupled with the elevation of guys like Daniels and Cody has diminished the organic enjoyment of ROH as a standalone product. Even this show relies heavily on NJPW and Bullet Club talent.

With that said, this weekend's show is probably #2 in terms of anticipation for me behind No Mercy but ahead of the two EVOLVE shows. Part of that is due to Davey's injury and part of it is due to ROH having done a great job with their big shows all year. I've attended two (Final Battle and Night 3 of War of The Worlds) this year and both have been fantastic shows.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:07 pm

No mlev76 it is a global conspiracy against ROH.