Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
ODonnell

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by ODonnell » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:29 pm

supersonic wrote:
Read the spoilers for the tapings this weekend and could not have been less interested in the talent make up currently (Brandi's instagram post about her match was cringey af), but Omega on this PPV in the US instantly makes it must watch

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:55 am

ROH tickets for the 10/15 show in Chicago with Kenny Omega went on sale today. In just a few hours, the company has already broken its all time ticket sales record for the market and it's a lock to be one of the two biggest crowds in company history.

plus note: Estimate 1,850 tix sold/475 remain looks like the odeum is set up for 2280-2300 per the roh seating chart

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Wow.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:14 pm

Why the shock? The UK Elite tour in May did amazing business and they are coming back soon due to it.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:49 am

ROH Global Wars Chicago is now sold out. It took just 5 days ....the omega effect

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:13 am

Also, Rocky Romero & G.O.D. have booked for the TV Tapings at Center Stage in Atlanta at the end of the month.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:38 am

I went to the ROH IPPV in Liverpool last night and here are a few non-spoiler notes.

Ultimo Guerrero is a fucking tank. Legit most impressive performance of the night and lived up to the CMLL Friday night hype.

Marty Scurll, The Bucks, Naito and Hiromu were clearly the most over by far with massive lines for photos/signings with those guys.

Considering Marty made his ROH debut in this building last November, it is amazing to see how much of a star he is now compared to his debut.

Match quality wise, nothing above 3.5 stars but nothing bad. Haskins looked great and won over lots of fans around me who had never heard of him.

I noticed quite a few Japanese fans dotted around the audience all kitted out in LIJ merch going insane for them. That was pretty cool.

Audience was a typical ROH crowd with most people just chanting shit like "Fuck The Revival". Only recognised 2-3 people from PROGRESS shows in Manchester so it was clearly a different audience. Lots of people talking about What Culture at the start of the show.

Travis Banks and Chris Brookes worked the dark match against The Boys.
► Show Spoiler

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:47 pm

DEAD

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Why are you dead?
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

stienerontheforklift

Post by stienerontheforklift » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Empiresk wrote:I went to the ROH IPPV in Liverpool last night and here are a few non-spoiler notes.

Ultimo Guerrero is a fucking tank. Legit most impressive performance of the night and lived up to the CMLL Friday night hype.

Marty Scurll, The Bucks, Naito and Hiromu were clearly the most over by far with massive lines for photos/signings with those guys.

Considering Marty made his ROH debut in this building last November, it is amazing to see how much of a star he is now compared to his debut.

Match quality wise, nothing above 3.5 stars but nothing bad. Haskins looked great and won over lots of fans around me who had never heard of him.

I noticed quite a few Japanese fans dotted around the audience all kitted out in LIJ merch going insane for them. That was pretty cool.

Audience was a typical ROH crowd with most people just chanting shit like "Fuck The Revival". Only recognised 2-3 people from PROGRESS shows in Manchester so it was clearly a different audience. Lots of people talking about What Culture at the start of the show.

Travis Banks and Chris Brookes worked the dark match against The Boys.
► Show Spoiler
I was at the Edinburgh show and yeah, I'll pretty much echo your thoughts. Felt very much like a house show even though I thought the Edinburgh card was fairly strong, best stuff was 3 star and a bit. Hangman fucking Page got chants which just proves how popular BC are. Haskins vs Hiromu, which is a dream match for me and probably many others got very little time and was kept fairly simple. It does show Hiromu can have good matches without having to kill himself, like the Taguchi match.

Totally agree about Guerrero. I couldn't take my eyes off the guy, he's so visually charismatic even if the Briscoes match was pretty disappointing. Crowd certainly didn't help, although I've certainly seen the Briscoes try a lot harder. I left before the last two matches because I didn't want wander around Edinburgh in the dark. Granted, the idea of The Addiction vs Marty and Cody didn't get my blood pumping, and the most fucking ROH main event in history Jay Lethal vs Silas Young would have been just me staring at my phone. That main event is totally indicative of why I don't watch ROH.

You're totally right about it being a ROH crowd rather than BritWres, but Kenny goddamn King got a better reaction than Haskins. Fuck that. Also ROH are never getting £35 from me for a t-shirt.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:41 pm

http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/min ... ars-241456

Suzuki is a pretty cool get for ROH.

Here is the last show he appeared on in the US:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=6096

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Kaze Ni Nare!

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:37 pm

I might go to the Philly tapings in October if they can get Minoru.
Who's Rob Viper ?

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:38 pm

How about we send SZKG to ROH after Wrestle Kingdom?

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Add Suzuki to that Pittsburgh show and I will take back all the bad things I've said of ROH