Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
packerman120

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by packerman120 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:03 am

The thing that seems suspicious about the visa thing is the fact that Omega flew into Orlando last year for CEO where he and Xavier Woods had a grand ol' time playing fighting games.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue May 09, 2017 2:06 am

mlev76 wrote:
Mike wrote:The Tribune deal if it goes through will be huge. Sinclair is already big but this gives them some great markets for their TV. Maybe even puts them on WGN America.

Look, what Sinclair thinks politically is something that I don't bother with. It's really how I approach any company. I didn't stop eating at Chick Fil-A because I don't agree with the one guy's opinion on marriage. If you really break down what you enjoy by how they agree with you politically, I just don't want to get into that end of things. It didn't work for Elaine in that episode of Seinfeld about abortion rights and I just keep away from that. But I don't blame someone if that does bother them. It all comes down to the person and how they feel themselves.
If I did that, I'd basically have to cut all US based wrestling out entirely.
Seriously :lol: :lol:

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 09, 2017 2:32 pm

packerman120 wrote:The thing that seems suspicious about the visa thing is the fact that Omega flew into Orlando last year for CEO where he and Xavier Woods had a grand ol' time playing fighting games.
He visited family in the US earlier this year too.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:16 pm

rovert wrote:I expect better from you guys. I've said it repeatedly. There's no VISA issue.
It's spin/PR. Do you think it's a smarter move to admit Kenny didn't want to do the shows? Honestly as best policy or favor optics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:21 pm

rovert wrote:
packerman120 wrote:The thing that seems suspicious about the visa thing is the fact that Omega flew into Orlando last year for CEO where he and Xavier Woods had a grand ol' time playing fighting games.
He visited family in the US earlier this year too.
Tourist and work visas are not the same.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:
rovert wrote:I expect better from you guys. I've said it repeatedly. There's no VISA issue.
It's spin/PR. Do you think it's a smarter move to admit Kenny didn't want to do the shows? Honestly as best policy or favor optics?

Would reflect bad on the Bucks fan wise as they are tied at the hip with Kenny and it prompts many follow on questions.
mlev76 wrote: Tourist and work visas are not the same.
Yes I know and Visa don't take a year to process. These supposed Visa issues implies he has some sort of criminal record.

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Tue May 09, 2017 11:03 pm

I just found it odd that he hasn't worked a US show in so long and was a bit evasive earlier this year when Dave and Bryan asked him about it. Also, I would imagine travelling to the U.S. for non-work reasons would be treated differently.
twitter me @ItsGrammarian

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed May 10, 2017 9:59 am

Grammarian wrote:I just found it odd that he hasn't worked a US show in so long and was a bit evasive earlier this year when Dave and Bryan asked him about it. Also, I would imagine travelling to the U.S. for non-work reasons would be treated differently.
It is. If these ISSUE were so bad or acute he would still be refused.

Anyway that's all mute. There's no issue.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed May 10, 2017 5:25 pm

I can travel to Canada to visit and be fine, but if I want to go to Canada to play a show and make money then I have to fill out the proper paperwork.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu May 11, 2017 3:16 am

Post deleted: Enough with the Observer C&Ping, supersonic.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/ ... f=4&t=2458 -Rich

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Fri May 12, 2017 3:49 am

Just like last year (if I recall), War of the Worlds will be streamed on NJPWWorld, but it will not be available to those outside of Japan.
twitter me @ItsGrammarian

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Excited for tonight especially getting to see Naito,Tanahashi and Goto live for the first time. Scurll/Sydal, Bucks/LIJ and Ospreay/White are the three matches I'm most looking forward to.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:19 am

I guess Kenny cleaned up his visa issues! Lulz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:52 am

Real fun show live. Highlights were the Osprey/White match, War Machine live and everything with Marty Scurll. Given everything that went down, I feel like they would have been better off flipping the main and semi-main. Like at Final Battle, the crowd was pretty tired by the main event and the three guys, while doing a good job, just weren't the right fit for the main event of this show.

Great seeing Tanahashi, LIJ and Goto live for the first time. Wish Goto had a better match to showcase himself, but what can you do?

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Sat May 13, 2017 11:34 am

This show was very good, then finally pulling the trigger on Marty Scurll and kicking Adam Cole out of the Bullet Club before he leaves RoH the company was great. I was also amazed how awesome the contest between Will Osprey and Jay White was. White's going to be a star as soon as he gets back from his excursion. The rest of the matches on the car were pretty cool and it was a good show overall.