Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Buzz Sawyer

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Big fan of Gresham, about time they signed him.
Who's Rob Viper ?

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:58 am

Needed to happen a couple of years ago. Hopefully he's signed to actually do something and not coast along for a year.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:31 am

Lio Rush 2.0

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:18 am

Other than being black and small, they don't really have a lot in common Lio and Gresham.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 pm

I'm curious to see what The Young Bucks end up doing going forward, now that their feud with The Hardys is behind them. They had an open challenge at the TV Tapings yesterday that was answered by The Spirit Squad (in what I'm guessing was a one-off appearance for them), but other than that, there's really no direction for the ROH World Tag Team Titles at the moment.

Matt Sydal & David Starr also appeared at the TV Tapings. It looks like the former will be feuding with Marty Scurll over the ROH World TV Title. Not sure what the latter will be doing, but based on what they did with him at the TV Tapings, it looks like they'll be using him more going forward, which is pretty awesome.

Also, as far as the ROH World Title goes, Matt Taven is getting his title shot (the one he earned in the battle royal in NYC back in March) in Dearborn during the War Of The Worlds Tour, while it looks like, based on the TV Taping results, that the War Of The Worlds PPV in NYC will feature a multi-person title match (either a three-way with Daniels defending against Cody & Lethal, or maybe a four-way with those three guys and Adam Cole).

Frank Olson

Post by Frank Olson » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 am

It's great to see ROH bringing in Jonathan Gresham and David Starr. With all of the recent departures (and rumored upcoming departures) the company is obviously in desperate need of some some new (or in the case of Gresham, new-ish) faces. From what I've seen of both guys I would say that they definitely have potential to be main event-level stars if ROH doesn't drop the ball. For anyone who isn't familiar with David Starr I would recommend seeking out his match with WALTER from the first round of WXW's 16 Carat Gold tournament from last month. Great to see Sydal coming back too.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Frank Olson wrote:It's great to see ROH bringing in Jonathan Gresham and David Starr. With all of the recent departures (and rumored upcoming departures) the company is obviously in desperate need of some some new (or in the case of Gresham, new-ish) faces. From what I've seen of both guys I would say that they definitely have potential to be main event-level stars if ROH doesn't drop the ball. For anyone who isn't familiar with David Starr I would recommend seeking out his match with WALTER from the first round of WXW's 16 Carat Gold tournament from last month. Great to see Sydal coming back too.
Starr is great and his match with Walter was excellent. Glad to see him get this opportunity. Maybe he and Sydal will be the Jewcy Product

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:48 pm

I'm sure Mauro is a fan of ROH and a lot of the guys who work there. That'd be a good PR move by ROH too.

Frank Olson

Post by Frank Olson » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:19 am

On the one hand it would be cool if ROH could bring Mauro in, but on the other hand I'm actually really liking what they're doing with Ian Riccobani (sp?) and Colt Cabana (Kevin Kelly being there as the third man is fine too, although I assume that he'll eventually be working solely for New Japan). They have really good chemistry.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Rubber match on the 10th anniversary weekend of arguably ROH's greatest tag ever.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:33 pm

The Milwaukee venue has the full lineup. Small place, but selling well with only GA/SRO left.

•The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs. Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
•Marty Scurll vs. Beer City Bruiser
•Silas Young vs. Jay Lethal
•Adam Cole vs. Jay White
•Bully Ray, Mark & Jay Briscoe vs. Dalton Castle & War Machine (ray Rowe & Hanson)
•Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin vs. Matt Taven & Vinnie Marseglia
•Hangman Page vs. Punishment Martinez
•Shane Taylor & Rhett Titus vs. Will Ferrara & Cheeseburger

Edit: Plans change. Here's the lineup from the ROH website:

ALREADY SIGNED, ALL BOUTS CONTESTED UNDER RELAXED RULES

MAIN EVENT, NON-TITLE
THE ADDICTION (ROH WORLD CHAMPION CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & “HEAVY METAL REBEL” FRANKIE KAZARIAN) vs. ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE YOUNG BUCKS (MATT & NICK JACKSON)

“PRO WRESTLING’S LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG vs. JAY LETHAL

SIX MAN TAG, NON-TITLE
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS BULLY RAY & THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK BRISCOE) vs. DALTON CASTLE & IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS WAR MACHINE (HANSON & RAY ROWE)

NON-TITLE
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION “THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL vs. DELIRIOUS

ADAM COLE vs. JAY WHITE

FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL MATCH
BEER CITY BRUSIER vs. SHANE TAYLOR vs. PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ vs. CHEESEBURGER

SIGNED TO APPEAR
THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN & VINNY MARSEGLIA)
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN)

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:45 pm

10 years in the making...so hype for this match.

lineup for masters of the craft.

MAIN EVENT
THE ADDICTION (ROH WORLD CHAMPION CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN) & DALTON CASTLE vs. BULLET CLUB (ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE YOUNG BUCKS MATT & NICK JACKSON & HANGMAN PAGE)

RUBBER MATCH
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK) vs. MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN)

SINGLES MATCH
MATT TAVEN vs. ADAM COLE

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPION BULLY RAY vs. “PRO WRESTLING’S LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG

JAY LETHAL vs. BEER CITY BRUISER

PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ vs. JAY WHITE

NON-TITLE
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS WAR MACHINE (HANSON & RAY ROWE) vs. THE REBELLION (SHANE TAYLOR & RHETT TITUS)

SIGNED TO APPEAR

CHEESEBURGER
WILL FERRARA

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:39 pm

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:00 pm

Fun, spirited short match but John Skyler was the standout.