Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
ODonnell

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by ODonnell » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:31 am

monster mafia wrote:Currently at 3247 tickets sold...biggest crowd in roh history?
Biggest crowd and biggest gate, but there's still tix available and I was surprised Cole didn't correct him

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 pm

ODonnell wrote:
monster mafia wrote:Currently at 3247 tickets sold...biggest crowd in roh history?
Biggest crowd and biggest gate, but there's still tix available and I was surprised Cole didn't correct him
if it wasn't for NXT Takeover taking place on Saturday, maybe ROH would have sold out scoh...still a great number.

FootOnTheRopes

Post by FootOnTheRopes » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:05 pm

It's currently at 3319, I have a feeling ROH will probably end up getting 3500 by bell time, overall I think ROH has done well considering the circumstances they face with the venue the build to the event and how the weekend is going.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:38 pm

Funny that ROH could draw more with the Hardy's than TNA.

Someone tell Mecca.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:40 pm

Lio Rush has been in EVOLVE for two days and he already seems more important than he ever did in ROH.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:25 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Lio Rush has been in EVOLVE for two days and he already seems more important than he ever did in ROH.
lio rush first roh match after winnint tpt was a world tittle match against lethal..

but yeah i see your point.

why roh let go Keith Lee? man...that was a terrible mistake.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:11 am

ROH Supercard of Honor XI -

Adam Cole v Marty Scurll - ****
The Kingdom v Silas Young and Bruiser City - **1/2
The Briscoes and Bully Ray v Bullet Club - ***1/4
Jay Lethal v Cody Rhodes - ***3/4
Jay White and Dragon Lee v Volvador and Will Ospreay - ****
Christopher Daniels v Dalton Castle - ***3/4
Young Bucks v Hardy Boyz - ****1/2

elloziom

Post by elloziom » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Meltzer said on WOR that they did apparently did 4000 people. But even he admitted that there is nothing that they can follow it up with

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:29 pm

I would not doubt if they did 4K.

Show was great. ROH came out a big winner, IMO. Popped a huge house and huge gate with a high quality show.

Bucks and Hardys delivered. Only thing it missed was Jeff Hardy falling 24 feet onto concrete.
Daniels-Castle was solid, but clearly toned it down a bit, as "it wasn't their night, kid"...
The ROH/CMLL tag match was really fun and everyone WORKED.
Marty Scurll v. Adam Cole would have stolen the show if Adam Cole didn't botch two tombstone piledriver spots in a row. How in the fuck does one do that?

Nothing sucked. Everything was enjoyable. They delivered.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:10 pm

The CMLL/ROH tag match was a mess. Language barrier leading to blown spots everywhere.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:41 pm

That ladder match is match of the weekend to me. It was so good. Nearly 5 stars. If only the crowd was hotter for the finish.

I had 4 for the TV title and Lucha match because of blown spots. Both I would have had higher but they took me out of it. I really enjoyed Cody Lethal and would peobably go 4 1/4 for the hot finish. It was well built to the spots and I felt it peaked at the right moment. I do find it strange Cody is the next challenger.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:21 pm

syxxpakk wrote:The CMLL/ROH tag match was a mess. Language barrier leading to blown spots everywhere.
That's how I felt about it too. I was really excited for the match, but there were too many "wtf?" moments going on. I dunno, still had it's moments, but the excitement disappeared fast.

The show overall was good, but I watched it directly after NXT Takeover and felt a bit let down with the end result, but likely just because I was so excited for how great Takeover was.

The ladder match was a ton of fun though, everything I wanted it to be, and glad the Hardy's still sneaked in some of the "Broken" stuff.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Tickets sold very well for the May New Japan tour with just upper, upper level in NYC available and some scattered seats in Dearborn. Philadelphia and Toronto are standing room only.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:08 am

Observer:
Expect a bigger role for Matt Taven. His successfully main eventing Arena Mexico as a single and doing well in title matches there has upped his stock.
Bobby Fish is figured into the booking plans going forward. He’ll work here as a regular going forward but also work more indie dates. He’s reluctant to sign a new deal because that would lock him up from going to WWE, but for now he’s doing ROH, maybe New Japan as well as indies. Similarly, Adam Cole’s contract is up on 4/30, but he’s expected to follow a similar path, working here, New Japan and indies as opposed to signing a long-term deal that would keep him from WWE. Another wrinkle in this is with New Japan getting so enthusiastic about its U.S. prospects due to the quick sellouts, whether they’d make a play to be the home base promotion for both of them, where they could figure strongly into the New Japan plans but also work ROH and indies.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:38 pm

YESSSSSSSSSS