Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
User avatar
stevenkmason
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:25 pm

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by stevenkmason » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:05 pm

I really enjoyed the PPV. Went 4 or better on the TV title, tag title, and main event. Could have made a case for Fish vs Lethal too. I also really enjoyed the production improvements and thought Riccaboni held his own.

Not a huge fun of Bully Ray but he's a HUGE upgrade over the Briscoes last 6 man partner...

User avatar
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin
Posts: 2174
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Wheaton, IL
Contact:

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:ANDY VINEBERG

wtf did I just watch
Image

User avatar
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin
Posts: 2174
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Wheaton, IL
Contact:

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:26 pm

stevenkmason wrote:I really enjoyed the PPV. Went 4 or better on the TV title, tag title, and main event. Could have made a case for Fish vs Lethal too. I also really enjoyed the production improvements and thought Riccaboni held his own.

Not a huge fun of Bully Ray but he's a HUGE upgrade over the Briscoes last 6 man partner...
Papa Briscoe?!

User avatar
monster mafia
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:50 am

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by monster mafia » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:32 pm

REALLY AMAZING MOMENT.


User avatar
achillesforever6
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Contact:

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by achillesforever6 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:ANDY VINEBERG

wtf did I just watch
Image
God that match was so bad, all those TPP matches were so bad

I got to see this abomination live

User avatar
Rottenrocker
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Rottenrocker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
stevenkmason wrote:I really enjoyed the PPV. Went 4 or better on the TV title, tag title, and main event. Could have made a case for Fish vs Lethal too. I also really enjoyed the production improvements and thought Riccaboni held his own.

Not a huge fun of Bully Ray but he's a HUGE upgrade over the Briscoes last 6 man partner...
Papa Briscoe?!
No. Toru Yano, who has more charisma and is more entertaining than Bully Ray in the ring by quite a large margin.

User avatar
stevenkmason
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:25 pm

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by stevenkmason » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Rottenrocker wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:
stevenkmason wrote:I really enjoyed the PPV. Went 4 or better on the TV title, tag title, and main event. Could have made a case for Fish vs Lethal too. I also really enjoyed the production improvements and thought Riccaboni held his own.

Not a huge fun of Bully Ray but he's a HUGE upgrade over the Briscoes last 6 man partner...
Papa Briscoe?!
No. Toru Yano, who has more charisma and is more entertaining than Bully Ray in the ring by quite a large margin.
I disagree. Yano does absolutely nothing for me and worse than that, actively turns me off from watching anything with him in it. He's not funny or believable or charming or anything. I would love to like the dude and maybe I just haven't been exposed to the right stuff from him. I would welcome any suggestions.

I'm not anti comedy in wrestling at all either. I usually enjoy Colt Cabana or Jack Gallagher ("yeah that's what I said" - JL). But I'm not a Delirious fan either. So who knows...

EDIT: Also, I'm positive that Rich knows what I meant, he was just being (secretly) sassy.
Last edited by stevenkmason on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
King Of Indy Style
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:30 am
Contact:

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by King Of Indy Style » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:49 pm

I would rather watch a Bully Ray match than a Toru Yano match 11 times out of 10
Image

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Mike » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:08 pm

I think the fact that they brought out the old ROH belt is something that was so cool. It was a nice nod to the fans who were around at the beginning by a company that does not embrace their history as much as they should besides "Hey you know that guy! He used to wrestle for us!" type stuff.

And it does also seem that this PPV was a much needed shot of positivity for ROH too. I don't have a problem with a lot of the criticism or the critics behind it. But there's just times where, man, it seems like they are just such a punching bag for people that it comes off petty sometimes. I'm glad this weekend went mostly well for them.

User avatar
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin
Posts: 2174
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Wheaton, IL
Contact:

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:26 pm

stevenkmason wrote:
Rottenrocker wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Papa Briscoe?!
No. Toru Yano, who has more charisma and is more entertaining than Bully Ray in the ring by quite a large margin.
I disagree. Yano does absolutely nothing for me and worse than that, actively turns me off from watching anything with him in it. He's not funny or believable or charming or anything. I would love to like the dude and maybe I just haven't been exposed to the right stuff from him. I would welcome any suggestions.

I'm not anti comedy in wrestling at all either. I usually enjoy Colt Cabana or Jack Gallagher ("yeah that's what I said" - JL). But I'm not a Delirious fan either. So who knows...

EDIT: Also, I'm positive that Rich knows what I meant, he was just being (secretly) sassy.
I knew you meant Yano but any time I can remind people that Papa Briscoe was a thing—and a great thing at that—I have to.


User avatar
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin
Posts: 2174
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Wheaton, IL
Contact:

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:27 pm

King Of Indy Style wrote:I would rather watch a Bully Ray match than a Toru Yano match 11 times out of 10
Is death an option?

User avatar
Danwaka
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 8:15 pm
Location: Amman, Jordan

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Danwaka » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
King Of Indy Style wrote:I would rather watch a Bully Ray match than a Toru Yano match 11 times out of 10
Is death an option?
Bully Ray -> Briscoes -> Toru Yano -> CHAOS

Bully Ray/Toru Yano confirmed next CHAOS tag team title contenders.

And no, you don't have the Nurse's permission to die. Would go against her Hippocratic Oath and all that.

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by rovert » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:03 am

Mike wrote:I think the fact that they brought out the old ROH belt is something that was so cool. It was a nice nod to the fans who were around at the beginning by a company that does not embrace their history as much as they should besides "Hey you know that guy! He used to wrestle for us!" type stuff.

And it does also seem that this PPV was a much needed shot of positivity for ROH too. I don't have a problem with a lot of the criticism or the critics behind it. But there's just times where, man, it seems like they are just such a punching bag for people that it comes off petty sometimes. I'm glad this weekend went mostly well for them.
The PPV was awesome. The quality of the house shows haven't dipped either. But a lot of that is owed talents on loan or aging guest stars. The weaker TV shows, the current TPT and whatever Future of Honor is the ratchets up people's/my anxiety towards the state of the core roster.

User avatar
Jamie70707
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Jamie70707 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Evolve is seemingly stealing all ROHs talent. If you look at Keith Lee now and from his ROH days gabe knows what he's doing but why ROH is letting this happen I have no idea.

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by Mike » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:00 pm

You wonder now what is next. Mania weekend is it's own thing. But they need to bring some buzz back to the NJPW shows in May, which was not that big compared to the two years previous. The PPV in NYC and TV tapings in Philadelphia specifically.

If they can bring in Shibata and Ishii, that'd be huge. A big key is also Omega getting a working visa for the US shows. Okada, Naito, Liger, and Tanahashi are still draws for most people too. The potential is there for this to be a big week.

Post Reply