Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
stevenkmason

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by stevenkmason » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:05 pm

I really enjoyed the PPV. Went 4 or better on the TV title, tag title, and main event. Could have made a case for Fish vs Lethal too. I also really enjoyed the production improvements and thought Riccaboni held his own.

Not a huge fun of Bully Ray but he's a HUGE upgrade over the Briscoes last 6 man partner...

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:ANDY VINEBERG

wtf did I just watch

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:26 pm

stevenkmason wrote:I really enjoyed the PPV. Went 4 or better on the TV title, tag title, and main event. Could have made a case for Fish vs Lethal too. I also really enjoyed the production improvements and thought Riccaboni held his own.

Not a huge fun of Bully Ray but he's a HUGE upgrade over the Briscoes last 6 man partner...
Papa Briscoe?!

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:32 pm

REALLY AMAZING MOMENT.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:ANDY VINEBERG

wtf did I just watch
God that match was so bad, all those TPP matches were so bad

I got to see this abomination live

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
stevenkmason wrote:I really enjoyed the PPV. Went 4 or better on the TV title, tag title, and main event. Could have made a case for Fish vs Lethal too. I also really enjoyed the production improvements and thought Riccaboni held his own.

Papa Briscoe?!
No. Toru Yano, who has more charisma and is more entertaining than Bully Ray in the ring by quite a large margin.

stevenkmason

Post by stevenkmason » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Rottenrocker wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:

Papa Briscoe?!
No. Toru Yano, who has more charisma and is more entertaining than Bully Ray in the ring by quite a large margin.
I disagree. Yano does absolutely nothing for me and worse than that, actively turns me off from watching anything with him in it. He's not funny or believable or charming or anything. I would love to like the dude and maybe I just haven't been exposed to the right stuff from him. I would welcome any suggestions.

I'm not anti comedy in wrestling at all either. I usually enjoy Colt Cabana or Jack Gallagher ("yeah that's what I said" - JL). But I'm not a Delirious fan either. So who knows...

EDIT: Also, I'm positive that Rich knows what I meant, he was just being (secretly) sassy.
Last edited by stevenkmason on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:49 pm

I would rather watch a Bully Ray match than a Toru Yano match 11 times out of 10

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:08 pm

I think the fact that they brought out the old ROH belt is something that was so cool. It was a nice nod to the fans who were around at the beginning by a company that does not embrace their history as much as they should besides "Hey you know that guy! He used to wrestle for us!" type stuff.

And it does also seem that this PPV was a much needed shot of positivity for ROH too. I don't have a problem with a lot of the criticism or the critics behind it. But there's just times where, man, it seems like they are just such a punching bag for people that it comes off petty sometimes. I'm glad this weekend went mostly well for them.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:26 pm

stevenkmason wrote:
Rottenrocker wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Papa Briscoe?!
I disagree. Yano does absolutely nothing for me and worse than that, actively turns me off from watching anything with him in it. He's not funny or believable or charming or anything. I would love to like the dude and maybe I just haven't been exposed to the right stuff from him. I would welcome any suggestions.

I'm not anti comedy in wrestling at all either. I usually enjoy Colt Cabana or Jack Gallagher ("yeah that's what I said" - JL). But I'm not a Delirious fan either. So who knows...

EDIT: Also, I'm positive that Rich knows what I meant, he was just being (secretly) sassy.
I knew you meant Yano but any time I can remind people that Papa Briscoe was a thing—and a great thing at that—I have to.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:27 pm

King Of Indy Style wrote:I would rather watch a Bully Ray match than a Toru Yano match 11 times out of 10
Is death an option?

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
King Of Indy Style wrote:I would rather watch a Bully Ray match than a Toru Yano match 11 times out of 10
Is death an option?
Bully Ray -> Briscoes -> Toru Yano -> CHAOS

Bully Ray/Toru Yano confirmed next CHAOS tag team title contenders.

And no, you don't have the Nurse's permission to die. Would go against her Hippocratic Oath and all that.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:03 am

Mike wrote:I think the fact that they brought out the old ROH belt is something that was so cool. It was a nice nod to the fans who were around at the beginning by a company that does not embrace their history as much as they should besides "Hey you know that guy! He used to wrestle for us!" type stuff.

And it does also seem that this PPV was a much needed shot of positivity for ROH too. I don't have a problem with a lot of the criticism or the critics behind it. But there's just times where, man, it seems like they are just such a punching bag for people that it comes off petty sometimes. I'm glad this weekend went mostly well for them.
The PPV was awesome. The quality of the house shows haven't dipped either. But a lot of that is owed talents on loan or aging guest stars. The weaker TV shows, the current TPT and whatever Future of Honor is the ratchets up people's/my anxiety towards the state of the core roster.

Jamie70707

Post by Jamie70707 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Evolve is seemingly stealing all ROHs talent. If you look at Keith Lee now and from his ROH days gabe knows what he's doing but why ROH is letting this happen I have no idea.

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:00 pm

You wonder now what is next. Mania weekend is it's own thing. But they need to bring some buzz back to the NJPW shows in May, which was not that big compared to the two years previous. The PPV in NYC and TV tapings in Philadelphia specifically.

If they can bring in Shibata and Ishii, that'd be huge. A big key is also Omega getting a working visa for the US shows. Okada, Naito, Liger, and Tanahashi are still draws for most people too. The potential is there for this to be a big week.