Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
packerman120

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by packerman120 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:54 pm

Now, I say this completely legitimately, how long is it until Silas Young holds the belt?

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:15 am

packerman120 wrote:Now, I say this completely legitimately, how long is it until Silas Young holds the belt?
I think Young deserves a title run of something. He does a real solid job out there.
Who's Rob Viper ?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:18 am

Observer:
Dijak later thanked the company for giving him a shot when he was a nobody two years ago but said this was his final match with the company for the foreseeable future. As noted before, he is expected to be WWE-developmental bound, but right now he’s more in a holding pattern. Given his size and athletic ability, it was considered a lock that WWE would be interested.

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:03 am

supersonic wrote:Observer:
Dijak later thanked the company for giving him a shot when he was a nobody two years ago but said this was his final match with the company for the foreseeable future. As noted before, he is expected to be WWE-developmental bound, but right now he’s more in a holding pattern. Given his size and athletic ability, it was considered a lock that WWE would be interested.
So would Dijak have to wait until mid April to start up the WWE signing process due to the 60 day thing?

So what is the deal with Meltzer not writing about why these departing ROH names have to wait a while before they can sign with WWE? ROH doesn't want to get heat over blocking wrestlers from going to WWE? I bet Meltzer would reveal the reasons if it was TNA or Luchave Underground blocking wrestlers. There might be readers not familiar with news here or on Twitter wondering why ROH wrestlers who leave when contracts are up have to wait extra time before they can join WWE. This whole deal is pathetic.

stevenkmason

Post by stevenkmason » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Uhaacrewz wrote:
So would Dijak have to wait until mid April to start up the WWE signing process due to the 60 day thing?

So what is the deal with Meltzer not writing about why these departing ROH names have to wait a while before they can sign with WWE? ROH doesn't want to get heat over blocking wrestlers from going to WWE? I bet Meltzer would reveal the reasons if it was TNA or Luchave Underground blocking wrestlers. There might be readers not familiar with news here or on Twitter wondering why ROH wrestlers who leave when contracts are up have to wait extra time before they can join WWE. This whole deal is pathetic.
He addressed this on the radio show in a mailbag segment.

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:30 pm

stevenkmason wrote:
Uhaacrewz wrote:

He still didn't provide much details. It came off like he only commented due to the question coming up out of nowhere.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:42 am

Uhaacrewz wrote:
stevenkmason wrote:
Uhaacrewz wrote:

He still didn't provide much details. It came off like he only commented due to the question coming up out of nowhere.
I had seen Rovert talk about it, and Mike Johnson mention it in passing, so I emailed Bryan "Can Dave confirm or deny the rumor that ROH sent WWE a legal letter and thats why they're hesitant to sign people and making talent wait 60 days?" and he said "yes that's pretty much what's happening" and nothing more, and it's never been mentioned again directly.

Dobber34

Post by Dobber34 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:53 am

I don't see why Dave is supposed to write about something that he already reported as an unofficial WWE response to ROH's letter about Corino appearing on WWE.com while under contract and them negotiating with guys while still under contract. To be clear, this isn't ROH having a 60 day non-compete clause with talent. This is the WWE making a business/legal decision on how they're proceeding with ROH talent for now. It's not an official stance and they could literally decide tomorrow to change their approach. I

Also, it had also been reported long ago that Dijak never renewed his contract back in the fall and was working on a freelance basis for the past several months, so in theory this whole thing doesn't even apply to him.

stevenkmason

Post by stevenkmason » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Dobber34 wrote:I don't see why Dave is supposed to write about something that he already reported as an unofficial WWE response to ROH's letter about Corino appearing on WWE.com while under contract and them negotiating with guys while still under contract. To be clear, this isn't ROH having a 60 day non-compete clause with talent. This is the WWE making a business/legal decision on how they're proceeding with ROH talent for now. It's not an official stance and they could literally decide tomorrow to change their approach.
Agreed 100%

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:16 am

These "Future of Honor" matches are hilarious. If this is the future of ROH, they surely are a dead man walking.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:57 am

No kidding. It's embarrassing to see some of the "talent" they have in those matches. Not that I have any inclination to watch them of course. Hell, I can't be bothered to watch ROH at all anymore.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:10 am

I'm super invested in this Chris Daniels storyline. My favroite storyline in wrestling at the moment.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:45 am

I'm pulling for the Bull Dempsey vs. Frankie Kazarian dream match to headline Final Battle.

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:08 am

In case you just bookmark this thread and don't read the rest of the forums - the ROH 50 project (and top 10 non wrestler offshoot) closes tomorrow. EVERYONE VOTES:

http://placetobenation.com/the-honor-ro ... -now-live/

elloziom

Post by elloziom » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Funny observation. When NJPW does those tours with ROH and CMLL in Japan everybody is like omg they're so much fun, nothing really important happens, but it's really cool and everything. When ROH does tours with NJPW in US and they do the same thing with sometimes throwing away some talent at one of the starts and everybody's like fu ROH you didn't do Kobashi-Joe II. Maybe ROH fans are so upset because they know that the tour with NJPW is probably the biggest week of the year in this promotion.....

Also recenttly I've been looking at those past top prospect tournament and I found out that Gresham has been in the top prospect tournament in 2011 and he is still not signed. Other guys that have participated in this tournament are Michael Elgin, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly and Mike Bennett. Another guy that I found out to be there was Andrew Everett in 2014. In a few years people will look at ROH's roster in 2011-2016 and their reaction is going to be similar to our reaction, when we look at TNA's roster from 2005-2012 (Naito, Okada, Xavier Woods, Roddy, not even mentionig the guys that have actually done something there).