Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Ring of Honor (Discussion)

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:39 am

OK, so the old ROH thread is closed. Too many personal attacks, too much bullshit.

We're starting fresh. No warnings for anybody, no bannings. I'm asking VERY NICELY that we keep this one clean. Debating is fine. Arguing will happen. Some light sniping is inevitable. Boys will be boys. But if someone gets under your skin, please use the FOE button. Resist temptation to sling personal attacks. Keep it on topic.

WE DO NOT WANT TO MODERATE. We want to keep things loose. PLEASE DO NOT FORCE US TO MODERATE.

FootOnTheRopes

Re: *NEW* ROH Thread. Keep it clean.

Post by FootOnTheRopes » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:46 am

No worries Joe, I think we can all do that.

So SOTF, we begin today, DX gave his run down, I'm pretty down with what he has said and agree with the finalists. I think Castle is the man their going with, mainly as I don't know if they went with the stip as Champions vs All Stars that if you pin the champ you get a title shot. I can't remember if that was just a specific stipulation in the past or it is meant to happen regularly, if not then I think they will make it very obvious that Castle is the next major guy. It will be interesting to see who the final two are as I can see Castle vs Fish, Castle vs Cabana and Castle vs Dijak. I think Castle vs Dijak would be a major lift for Dijak, you could also really further the turn on Nana afterwards to get some fans back with Dijak. I would also probably have Castle sneak/surprise a pin on Cabana, some shock from Cabana and a shrug and general sympathy by Castle should be able to create some nice psychology when it happens.

It will be interesting also as if Kyle is wining I can see Fish being a challenger or being brought to the world title scene, and there is a nice little back history to Castle and Fish so it's a nice tie in all-round.

FootOnTheRopes

Post by FootOnTheRopes » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:51 am

Lie I said Rovert, I have no problem with you being right I can hold my hands up say fair play and it's good to know it's out in the open now and things are done with. It's best for both parties and all can move on. I wonder though what will happen with the trios final, I guess we will see Kushida coming into replace ACH.

It will be interesting though if any of the guys that complained at ROH for not being pushed will do the same in WWE regarding the same treatment, somehow I do doubt that.
Last edited by FootOnTheRopes on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:56 am

I don't want to start on a bad foot but the new Observer confirmed what I said. ACH received a release it wasn't a non-renewal of his contract:
ACH and ROH have evidently come to a verbal agreement on a mutual release although as of this writing it was not signed nor official, but that is likely the end result of this week. PW Insider first reported he was finishing up with the company when his contract expired, but then we got word that instead of waiting for the contract to expire, they came to an agreement for a mutual release. ACH had a contract which was exclusive to ROH (although ROH wrestlers are allowed to work PWG) for the U.S. market, but they gave him permission to work for AAW several weeks ago. There were some remarks made at the show which some took to be anti-ROH which didn't help his standing. The ROH side is that they gave him permission to work the AAW show because he asked to be able to work it since the tournament he was in was a tribute for a friend of his, Jim Lyman. At the show, he cut the promo in question. Those at AAW told us they didn't believe it was about ROH but a lot of fans believed it was, talking about a bad relationship with a girlfriend and a divorce. ROH evidently thought it was about them, as did at least some fans because it became the Internet talk. We did hear that ACH wasn't happy it became the story it did and wished he'd never said it. But after the situation came to light, he did tell ROH officials he was frustrated in the promotion. We don't know the details of his frustrations but it's likely over his push. Anyway, the decision was made on both sides to part ways.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:02 am

Another file for the Rovert is Right folder.

Possibly elaborate if this perception has followed ACH over the past 5 years, Joe?

BeyondWrestling wrote:ACH held me up for money after we had agreed in May of 2011 that he would wrestle for us in September of 2011 if I covered the cost of his flight. He had just started working for ROH at the time and there were a ton of ROH guys on the show that I hadn't worked with before so I didn't know what would happen if I didn't meet his demands. We had a very unpleasant conversation that was in the room over from the locker room so when we walked back into the locker room all of the boys knew something was up. I made a joke to try and diffuse the situation but this set him off said if I kept running my mouth he was going to kill me. At that point I just wanted to pay him and send him home but for better or worse he ended up working the match he was advertised for. After the match he was acting as if everything was cool. I have zero interest in working with him going forward.

It's a shame it didn't work out because he is a PHENOMENAL wrestler and Beyond Wrestling played a HUGE role in helping him ply his craft on a national platform. We put together an IndieGoGo campaign where fans could buy merchandise at a discounted price to pay for his plane ticket to participate in the first ever Tournament For Tomorrow where he wrestled AR Fox, Pinkie Sanchez, and Aaron Epic all in one night.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Heading to Arlington later today for night one, really looking forward to Briscoes/War Machine and Dijak/Dane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:22 pm

this 2 days are very important to dijak,castle and rush, i hope one of them win sotf

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:38 pm

rovert wrote:I don't want to start on a bad foot but the new Observer confirmed what I said. ACH received a release it wasn't a non-renewal of his contract:
ACH and ROH have evidently come to a verbal agreement on a mutual release although as of this writing it was not signed nor official, but that is likely the end result of this week. PW Insider first reported he was finishing up with the company when his contract expired, but then we got word that instead of waiting for the contract to expire, they came to an agreement for a mutual release. ACH had a contract which was exclusive to ROH (although ROH wrestlers are allowed to work PWG) for the U.S. market, but they gave him permission to work for AAW several weeks ago. There were some remarks made at the show which some took to be anti-ROH which didn't help his standing. The ROH side is that they gave him permission to work the AAW show because he asked to be able to work it since the tournament he was in was a tribute for a friend of his, Jim Lyman. At the show, he cut the promo in question. Those at AAW told us they didn't believe it was about ROH but a lot of fans believed it was, talking about a bad relationship with a girlfriend and a divorce. ROH evidently thought it was about them, as did at least some fans because it became the Internet talk. We did hear that ACH wasn't happy it became the story it did and wished he'd never said it. But after the situation came to light, he did tell ROH officials he was frustrated in the promotion. We don't know the details of his frustrations but it's likely over his push. Anyway, the decision was made on both sides to part ways.
It's not a bad foot - this is a situation worth discussing and I appreciate you posting the Observer bit. You were right in that it was a release (in Dave's words a mutual release). Good call.

Your post in the other thread said he went above ROH management to SBG to discuss his treatment by the company, not-so-subtlety implying it was bullying and this over-arching racism theme. The observer only guesses at the details of his frustration (Tazz "sourced" the same), and I'd imagine that's where the story stops. It reads like he kept it bottled up until he f'd up this time. It sounds like its for the best to break-up in this case.

ROH allowing him to do the tournament (and paying transport?) since it was a tribute to his friend, and then him cutting the promo he did is some of the stupidest decision-making you'll see. You can be frustrated at your on-off pushes, but that is a serious lack of professionalism.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:58 pm

is not a push for ach the trios title match for final battle?..a weird situation,if he is gone i give that spot to another wrestler.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:07 pm

I'd rather see people like Kincaid, who bring unique offense to the table, over ACH.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:15 pm

I'm also very excited to see how Jax does. Now that Elgin isn't there, ROH is lacking a big powerhouse guy.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:32 pm

monster mafia wrote:this 2 days are very important to dijak,castle and rush, i hope one of them win sotf
Really pulling for Dalton; a big win this weekend and then a win at Final Battle, and he'd be right in the main event picture

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:33 pm

BradPTBN wrote:Your post in the other thread said he went above ROH management to SBG to discuss his treatment by the company

I never said this. I said they sat in on the meeting.
BradPTBN wrote:The observer only guesses at the details of his frustration (Tazz "sourced" the same), and I'd imagine that's where the story stops. It reads like he kept it bottled up until he f'd up this time. It sounds like its for the best to break-up in this case.
Dave rarely seems to actually talk to ROH talent when things like this arise. If ROH thought they "won" they'd feed about info to the Observer or Mike Johnson. But like with the Truth Mrtini and Jeff Jones situations they essentially "no comment" it.
BradPTBN wrote:ROH allowing him to do the tournament (and paying transport?) since it was a tribute to his friend, and then him cutting the promo he did is some of the stupidest decision-making you'll see. You can be frustrated at your on-off pushes, but that is a serious lack of professionalism.

I largely agree. But ROH doing things bigger than the above without notifying Sinclair isn't professional either.
monster mafia wrote: is a fucking idiot...a fucking ass
I am the one writing in full, coherent sentences here. I am not swearing either.
Last edited by rovert on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:33 pm

King Of Indy Style wrote:I'm also very excited to see how Jax does. Now that Elgin isn't there, ROH is lacking a big powerhouse guy.
I wish ROH would start a hoss title with the number of big guys they have; Hanson, Lee and Taylor, Martinez, Dane etc would be unique and fun

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:42 pm

ACH leaving ROH is very sad. However,there were strikes on both sides and I can totally see ACH being frustrated with his push. I'm interested whether New Japan snags him up to a contract or not because he got really over and I'd really like to see him there.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/