Beyond Wrestling

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
sternness

Re: Beyond Wrestling

Post by sternness » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:25 pm

I bought the raw footage of GRRR and enjoyed the show as a whole. I'm not sure I'd say there was anything MOTY level but Edwards/Thatcher, Edwards/Busick and Busick/Thatcher were all really great.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:19 pm

Does anyone have any details on Drew Corderio getting Joey Janela blocked from various indies? Apparently something went down between the two but I cannot find any details outside of Janela punching him in the face.

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:58 pm

It's a storyline.

I can get into this a ton more since I had a ton of people DM me after I basically tweeted to Drew about anyone buying this, but yeah. It's bullshit. The TMZ guy bought it, because he's starting his website and is desperate for content. It's a efed angle played out to embarrassing levels. Janela is great, but Drew fucking STINKSSSSSSS.

:)

wac

Post by wac » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:04 pm

Speaking of, what's the deal with ACH and Beyond? I've seen Drew tweet multiple times about how ACH is never welcome back, in a way that didn't seem like his typical worked Twitter angles, but I could never figure out what the story was. Did ACH just cancel dates or something?

themib

Post by themib » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Beyond will have their last show at Fete Music in Providence on December 27th, after that, they'll be running the Armory in Somerville, MA in January, whilst trying to find a new Rhode Island venue.

JML

Post by JML » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:10 pm

I started looking through their YouTube channel and I agree with Case that some of the stuff looks really good and some of the stuff looks really bad. I started watching some of the matches like the Timothy Thatcher and Jonathan Greshman match (which wasn't bad even though their style is not something I am into) and some of the intergender stuff (totally not into that but those matches have the most views on their channel)

I'm impressed that they are putting this service out and hope they have success with it.

The Fete Music venue looks pretty cool compared to other Indy venues and it sucks for them losing it.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:18 pm

I wanted to see what YouTube on Roku was like, so I watched Gratitude Era which they've just uploaded to beyondemand. If Mike Bailey vs. Drew Galloway from BOLA was the year's best big man/little man match, then Jonathan Gresham vs. Donovan Dijak on this show runs it pretty close. Gresham made it hella convincing that he could topple his far larger opponent, and the struggle DIJAK had to try and escape Gresham's holds was very well told.

Fast forwarding on Roku with YouTube sucks though, very slowly ten seconds at a time, not helpful when you want to skip matches.

JML

Post by JML » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:07 am

themib wrote:I wanted to see what YouTube on Roku was like, so I watched Gratitude Era which they've just uploaded to beyondemand. If Mike Bailey vs. Drew Galloway from BOLA was the year's best big man/little man match, then Jonathan Gresham vs. Donovan Dijak on this show runs it pretty close. Gresham made it hella convincing that he could topple his far larger opponent, and the struggle DIJAK had to try and escape Gresham's holds was very well told.

Fast forwarding on Roku with YouTube sucks though, very slowly ten seconds at a time, not helpful when you want to skip matches.
With YouTube on Roku, you could get the YouTube app on your phone and use that to fast forward or use the TV Cast app but you won't see the videos in 1080p quality.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:54 am

So this match is happening in 2015...

themib

Post by themib » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:19 am

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:31 am

What's some good Beyond stuff from 2015 I need to check out? Just started my free trial with their on demand service (mainly to watch Dijak stuff), but I know there are some other gems.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:18 pm

I'd highly recommended the entirety of the Greatest Rivals Round Robin show. Outside of AR Fox being his usual awful self and trying to drag the card down with an abysmal Brian Fury match it's top to bottom a very fun card with lots of good to great wrestling.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:36 pm

Michael Elgin vs. Jeff Cobb has been announced for 5/29:

a7xweeman

Post by a7xweeman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Beyond is being sneakily good. They have some bad matches on the cards, and the push of Brian Fury is a bit annoying but Dickinson and Dijak look like stars there.

wac

Post by wac » Tue May 17, 2016 5:44 pm

What a time to be alive