Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Ferrante207

Re: Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

Post by Ferrante207 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Any more news about ROH/flo? That's the company that'll put it over the top and make it worth it for me. It would drive my annual streaming graps budget up to almost $500 which is kinda absurd when you think about it.

Dobber34

Post by Dobber34 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:44 am

When nothing was announced despite everyone thinking ROH was on board, my first thought was it'd be impossible for them to do traditional PPV and Flo simultaneously, assuming it wasn't just a back-catalog deal. Cable companies wouldn't allow it. If that's the case it would make sense that they'd keep it quiet until after Final Battle before transitioning to Flo. Asking people to pay $45 for a show after telling them they'd soon be part of a $20/mo service doesn't make any sense.

Not sure if this means anything or not, but this is the first ROH PPV since the first one in 2014 where they haven't ended the show by teasing/promoting the next PPV, despite having already announced the 15th Annoversary show for Vegas. I'm hoping that's a tell and we get some news fairly soon. I think it'd be good for both ROH & Flo.

LK3185

Post by LK3185 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:55 pm

I would love ROH to get on Floslam mainly for their back catalog but I remember hearing Court Bauer say like a month ago when Floslam was announced that he used to have discussions with ROH Officials about the library and how they didn't make a priority to have everything digitized for streaming.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:07 pm

You know, I'm really surprised the WWE hasn't tried to go for HUSTLE, SMASH or WNC's liobraries since they've got Taijiri on-board to negotiate with whoever owns those bits. Or talked to K-DOJO about streaming on the network since they knowTAKA Michinoku and have recruited from there irregularly for FCW.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:37 am

Observer:
Vince McMahon had given the okay in trying to make deals with at least some independent wrestling for the WWE Network, and days later, changed his mind. Still, there are talks going on behind the scenes with the idea he may changes his mind again. The company has done a ton of surveys of late, including another one last week. The results would be very interesting but evidently with the results of a recent one, McMahon felt that adding live independent shows would add cost without any significant increases in subscribers. Then again, they are competitive and even with owning a small percentage of Flo Slam, and having a relationship with them, it’s not like they want anyone else to get a foothold in that market in a significant way. The thing also is that when it comes to iPPVs of indie shows, while costs are low, when it comes to people actually paying for shows, the numbers right now are in most cases very low. And even for streaming services, even New Japan World, the second biggest, which is a major league group and which does have television in the U.S., has less than 10,000 subscribers outside of Japan and they’re doing multiple shows most weeks.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:50 pm

Per my U.K. source, at least 3 of the major underground promotions in that region have had discussions about airing their content on WWE Network.

I was emphatically told RPW is NOT one of them.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:17 am

supersonic wrote:Per my U.K. source, at least 3 of the major underground promotions in that region have had discussions about airing their content on WWE Network.

I was emphatically told RPW is NOT one of them.
Just about everyone has gotten an email I would assume.

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Dobber34 wrote: Not sure if this means anything or not, but this is the first ROH PPV since the first one in 2014 where they haven't ended the show by teasing/promoting the next PPV, despite having already announced the 15th Annoversary show for Vegas. I'm hoping that's a tell and we get some news fairly soon. I think it'd be good for both ROH & Flo.
The show ended at 2:59:36 or something - they barely made the window. That's why you didn't see the advertisement.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:07 am

Excited for this

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Murrr

Post by Murrr » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:54 pm

This is veering dangerously close to something I'd be willing to part cash with for now.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Murrr wrote:This is veering dangerously close to something I'd be willing to part cash with for now.
One more coup would do it for me.

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Their "Executive X" or whatever corny thing its called tweeted that the deal is currently just for these two shows and depending how it goes, they may re-enter negotiations.

They're very careful (potentially very misleading ) to make it seem like a huge partnership in their press release, but never clarify a) no archive (don't blame OTT, they have their own vimeo) b) just these two shows.

Saw a couple people responding to the announcement by saying they were signing up for the year. I'd pump the brakes there, nothing guaranteed past December.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:28 pm

They gotta reel in a big fish: cmll, njpw, roh, or DG for me to bite the bullet and sub. I don't care about some random UK indy.

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:53 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:random UK indy.
OTT isn't based in the UK